• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sir Lewis Hamilton?

I've heard that many different rules and interpretations I dunno what's going on, but why are people allowed to make up their space while the safety car is out? Should have to keep the distance. Also, why be allowed what is basically a free pit stop when it benefits everyone behind and no-one in front?

I started Sunday wanting Verstappen to win just to do various mate's head in, but that was fucking stupid. Billions of dollars spent and for what? The toss of a coin.

Let me just say, its a good thing you are not a Nascar fan....the safety car rules there seem even more extreme.

If it was up to me, I'd be asking for a standing restart everytime with laps reduced for the time lapsed under red flag. Makes it even more exciting...but definitely not improving the fairness.

I've heard that many different rules and interpretations I dunno what's going on, but why are people allowed to make up their space while the safety car is out? Should have to keep the distance. Also, why be allowed what is basically a free pit stop when it benefits everyone behind and no-one in front?

I started Sunday wanting Verstappen to win just to do various mate's head in, but that was fucking stupid. Billions of dollars spent and for what? The toss of a coin.

A safety car can help the car in front, it depends on timing. Let's say Max did a normal pitstop on lap 40, then there is a safety car or virtual safety car on lap 42, the car at the front gets the advantage. This is for example how Bottas got a podium in Brazil - he was 4th behind Perez but a VSC came out just after Perez pitted and the shorter stop allowed Bottas to get out ahead.

This is a rule that is hard to change given you can't really close the pit lane as you would assume from a safety car that cars might be damaged.

I do think that given they have the technology to do a 'virtual safety car' that they should deploy more often - but on circuits where machinery is needed to be on the track to lift a damaged car they need to be cautious, especially after the Bianchi incident. I actually think it would be easier for lapped cars to get to the back by just allowing those behind to overtake under the safety car rather than making them fly around the circuit to catch up (which itself invites danger).

FIA launch an investigation into Sundays race.

Masi apparently clinging on to his job.

I'd be surprised if he's still there in 2022.

Wait till they find the audio leak of a radio link hack to Lafiti from Geri Halliwell to hit the wall at lap 52 like a twat.

Mercedes will not appeal the decision. Source BBC:

Mercedes have decided not to pursue their appeal against the results of the title-deciding Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Their move follows a decision by governing body the FIA to conduct a "detailed analysis" of the end of the race and an admission it was "tarnishing" Formula 1's image.

Mercedes said they "welcomed" the move and would "hold the FIA accountable".
Max Verstappen's Red Bull overtook Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes on the last lap to clinch the drivers' title.

Mercedes had two protests rejected by F1 officials on Sunday, with the team arguing race director Michael Masi did not apply the rules correctly.

Mercedes said it had been in "constructive dialogue" with the FIA since the race in an attempt to "create clarity for the future".

Lol pussies. Literally excelled at whining like pathetic pussies, then find out they have no testicles and duly shut the fuck up when the lawyers show up.

IMG-20211212-WA0032.jpg

Not convinced appealing is worth the reputational damage. Even if Mercedes have a case, they'll always be portrayed as sore losers rather than the grand purveyors of justice. Due to the Hamilton bias, there will be a lot of understanding in Britain if they appealed, but around the world I'm not so sure.

They've won the constructors, a new season is a few months away. Best to draw a line under it and get focused for the new year.

I still think part of the dropping the case will be on the understanding Masi walks. Only the Hamilton die hard fans want the result over turned. The rest of us just wanted to make sure it never happens again, and that those who made the mistake held accountable.

The current legacy will be winning a bunch of titles when no other car could match them and losing when the first competitive car turned up. Not a good place for Toto to be!

Pit stop strategy f'ed Hamlton's world title hopes, Redbull were masterful in that. At least now Hamilton will now be called Sir....
GettyImages-1237242156.jpg

I'd have no problem with Masi walking. Only I want the same or an equally fitting punishment to Wolff and Horner. Since Silverstone they created so much drama accused each other of cheating unnecessarily and created pressure to the stewards for hours and hours.....all the decisions made by the stewards were delayed in the last few races because the cunts created so much pressure. I hope that gets discussed in whatever Committee F1 is setting up.

I'd have no problem with Masi walking. Only I want the same or an equally fitting punishment to Wolff and Horner. Since Silverstone they created so much drama accused each other of cheating unnecessarily and created pressure to the stewards for hours and hours.....all the decisions made by the stewards were delayed in the last few races because the cunts created so much pressure. I hope that gets discussed in whatever Committee F1 is setting up.

No arguments here, both were equally frustrating.

I notice how no one has mentioned Masi being sacked.

As I said last year, he didn't apply the rules correctly. There will forever be an asterisk next to Verstappens first title for me.

I don't like how F1 have closed ranks though. No public broadcasts from teams to the new 'VAR' officials.

You sound like a city fan with the asterisk. The rules weren’t correctly used throughout the season. Verstappen was a worthy champion.
His position was untenable but this var bollocks will be shite. And I agree the closed ranks is bull shit. Teams shouldn’t be allowed to communicate with race officials via radio.

You sound like a city fan with the asterisk. The rules weren’t correctly used throughout the season. Verstappen was a worthy champion.
His position was untenable but this var bollocks will be shite. And I agree the closed ranks is bull shit. Teams shouldn’t be allowed to communicate with race officials via radio.
Depends how you define worthy champion I guess.

I have no problem with teams being able to communicate with a team of officials (not the race director). However, it should be transparent.

I notice how no one has mentioned Masi being sacked.

As I said last year, he didn't apply the rules correctly. There will forever be an asterisk next to Verstappens first title for me.

I don't like how F1 have closed ranks though. No public broadcasts from teams to the new 'VAR' officials.

It's like when Ferrari accepted their engine was illegal but forced FIA to not publish/disclose what was illegal.

Mercedes clearly flexed their engine supplier muscles. Masi sacking is a clear case of tail wagging the dog. It's shambolic that a competitor is able to demand the sacking of the race director and get it too. I do believe the mud slinging has not ended on this matter.

Let the battle on track commence this season. Hopefully Ferrari is also in the mix to add more on track excitement. Whatever be said it was one of the most exciting season on track...it became that way also due to FIA interventions through the season.....this is always going to be a part of F1.

I have no problem with drivers being aggressive. Where the problem lies for me is drivers that are aggressive and dangerous to boot...
That is Verstappen
Silverstone
Verstappen knew Hamilton's car was there and was in front. Hamilton backs out and Verstappen still tries to squeeze him and ends up going off

Monza
Hamilton had track position Verstappen could not pass him there and should have backed out

Saudi Arabi
Just look at the antics of Verstappen there

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ing-turn-1-collision.1718336078353440121.html

Abu Dhabi
First lap Verstappen passes Hamilton then opens the steer forcing Hamilton; who have nowhere to go, off the track. Look how he(Verstappen takes the conner and how ever one behind him and Hamilton takes that corner
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...abu-dhabi-grand-prix.1718959385489683630.html

We all know what happens at the end

It's like when Ferrari accepted their engine was illegal but forced FIA to not publish/disclose what was illegal.

Mercedes clearly flexed their engine supplier muscles. Masi sacking is a clear case of tail wagging the dog. It's shambolic that a competitor is able to demand the sacking of the race director and get it too. I do believe the mud slinging has not ended on this matter.

Let the battle on track commence this season. Hopefully Ferrari is also in the mix to add more on track excitement. Whatever be said it was one of the most exciting season on track...it became that way also due to FIA interventions through the season.....this is always going to be a part of F1.
KJ - it's only RB and RB fans who are saying that. Take off the rose tints for a second.

What Masi did was wrong. He got sacked for it. Rightfully so.

Really? So if Lewis Hamilton makes a mistake he changes career after that?

It was wrong to demand sacking and it's worse for FIA to oblige...no matter who is demanding the sacking. This is what it looks to me from the outside. I'd wait to see the full report into the investigation before commenting any further....

Just finished watching Duel. Great watch.

Such a shame there is an asterisk next to Max's World title until he wins another one (there will be another one). He did drive superbly for 90% of the season.

Back
Top Bottom