• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sir Lewis Hamilton?

bluebell

Well-Known
Statistically he is better than Michael Schumacher and now should be considered the GOAT. Its time the British establishment recognise his achievement and award him a Knighthood.

Oh great. So this means if I race with a motorbike against a couple of hapless bicycle riders for long enough I'll receive a knighthood?

Hamilton isn't good enough to lace Schumacher's boots and I won't even start on Senna.

Oh great. So this means if I race with a motorbike against a couple of hapless bicycle riders for long enough I'll receive a knighthood?

Hamilton isn't good enough to lace Schumacher's boots and I won't even start on Senna.
Oh come on Holle. Schumacher and Hamilton are peers.

Both won a championship in an inferior car.. then moved to a dominant team for the remainder.

If anything. You could say Hamilton is better because he didn't cheat to win try and win championships.

Oh come on Holle. Schumacher and Hamilton are peers.

Both won a championship in an inferior car.. then moved to a dominant team for the remainder.

If anything. You could say Hamilton is better because he didn't cheat to win try and win championships.

Schumacher won championships in two different teams which didn't have the best car all the time. He beat Williams in a Benetton. He won the championship in a Ferrari when they struggled until his arrival. He raced against Prost, Senna, Mansell, Piquet. Schumacher raced at a time when a win got you 10 points, not 25.

Hamilton went to McLaren straight away whose car was so ridiculously good that he was almost able to win the championship in his first year. And when he had half-decent teammates like Button or Rosberg he didn't win the championship.

Plus he's a right prick.

Peers my arse.

Schumacher won championships in two different teams which didn't have the best car all the time. He beat Williams in a Benetton. He won the championship in a Ferrari when they struggled until his arrival. He raced against Prost, Senna, Mansell, Piquet. Schumacher raced at a time when a win got you 10 points, not 25.

Hamilton went to McLaren straight away whose car was so ridiculously good that he was almost able to win the championship in his first year. And when he had half-decent teammates like Button or Rosberg he didn't win the championship.

Plus he's a right prick.

Peers my arse.
You're being disrespectful to Vettel and Alonso there. You can only beat what's in front of you. Verstappen in the same car would be interesting.

Let's not forget the prick move Schumacher made on Hill to try and deny him the world championship.

Mercedes wasnt a world beating car until Hamilton joined.

As soon as Rosberg won the world title he pussied out defending it.

2022 will be interesting. Lots of talented kids plus a reset.

I do agree. I wish they'd go back to 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1 then the 1 point for fastest lap would be relevant

The fucking tax exile VAT frauding cunt is getting his knighthood. The twat.

OK, now tell us what you really think. :p

But yeah, same here. My sister's a big fan of his - it's one of only a few things about which we seriously disagree.

Ugh.. the creepy cunt can go and die.

If he survives the pandemic you can tell it's going to be pretty much his whole platform for his next leadership bid, the cocky little bleeder.

My, we ARE all full of the milk of human kindness on here today, aren't we? :D

For me Hamilton is the greatest of all time. Character issues? Probably - but all top F1 drivers have them, comes with the territory. Achievements are similar to Schumacher, but Hamilton has the edge. Senna was a brilliant driver, but Hamilton has done it for longer.

Why do rags like to equivocate or draw parallels when it comes to black personalities. When Rashford did the school dinner campaign, oh but he bought 5 houses, and now this with Jimmy Greaves,
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-gets-MBE-Social-media-users-rage-insult.html
Sir Jim Ratcliffe, the richest Britain, tax exile and Brexiteer is having the Defender built in France, yet I have yet to read anything scathing on that rat.

Easiest way to stop those rags getting mad about those things is to stop. I mean it's a nice honour and all but is it not ultimately a bit pointless?

By what yardstick though? TBH I've never seen much point in it myself but, if a large number of others disagree, who's to say they're "wrong"?

Ferrari wasn't a world beating car when Schumacher went there....it took more than 3 years after his Ross Brawn and Jean Today's arrival at ferrari and they showed improvement in each year.

Guess who Ross Brawn trusted to bring back from the dead to get Mercedes pointed in the right direction?The fact remains that in Hamilton's very first year at Merc he had a car that was ready for title contention. From his second years in the hibrid era no other car could compete on even terms with the Merc. Great drivers in other cars didn't matter. Hamilton only had to beat his team mates and Rosberg ran him pretty close even then ( Rosberg is a bit underrated). Hamilton is an elite driver no doubt...but his path to the records have been far more easier.

For 6 out of his 7 championships Hamilton only had to beat his teammates....and Botas was no competition as Russell showed. The qualifying record for Merc over the last 8 year is unprecedented.

Last edited:
Yeah, wasn't right that F1 made rules up on the fly.

The rules are clear, all cars allowed to unlap. Or no cars.

What should have happened is that as soon as Latafi crashed. Should have been a red flag, both cars change to softs and have a 5 lap shoot out.

All you got there was a lame duck for something that just made up to keep it exciting.

I did think Max was harshly done on lap 1 though. That was a good move.

Nicely fixed, Why don’t F1 just replace it with a comp gen simulation to what the race director wanted and be done with it. At least simulation would follow the rules defined.

It's like the ref giving someone a pen in the last minute for nothing and when asked why just saying I thought the game needed a funny finish.

To be fair, it was a funny finish. But it seems more like someone is making it all up in a Malaysian bookies

I felt the result was fair. Through the season Verstappen was a far better driver. His Q lap in Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi were mega. Balls on the line.

It was a legit overtake one lap 1 in Abu Dhabi too. In monza chicane we see drivers giving back the position year after year when they take to the runoff when defending. It's the same here and Hamilton didn't even bother to bring the gap back (let alone giving the position back)....that changed the complexion of the race.

Not to mention Bottas taking out Verstappen and Perez in one go earlier on in the season and Silverstone (Hamilton punting out Verstappen in high speed corner and then going on to claim the victory).

If Verstappen lost after the season he had, it would have been really unlucky. He was head and shoulders above anyone else for driver of the season and withstood immense pressure off track with many past British f1 racer turn pundits like Hill, Coulthard and Brundle manipulating the media narrative and fighting in Hamilton's corner. With that Merc it should have never been this close. I think next year Russell will truly show that Hamilton has declined....it's not the same Hamilton that was fighting Rosberg. This year he made many mistakes earlier on and didn't deserve to win....

This season was the first time in over 20 years I have actually been interested in following F1. It was mega....more of this please (except for the safety car manipulation. They should outright not allow cars to unlap...use this to change the rules for better. Verstappen should have been forced to overtake 5 cars plus Hamilton. But if we relook that the lap 1 should be relooked too.....

Last edited:
I felt the result was fair. Through the season Verstappen was a far better driver. His Q lap in Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi were mega. Balls on the line.

It was a legit overtake one lap 1 in Abu Dhabi too. In monza chicane we see drivers giving back the position year after year when they take to the runoff when defending. It's the same here and Hamilton didn't even bother to bring the gap back (let alone giving the position back)....that changed the complexion of the race.

Not to mention Bottas taking out Verstappen and Perez in one go earlier on in the season and Silverstone (Hamilton punting out Verstappen in high speed corner and then going on to claim the victory).

If Verstappen lost after the season he had, it would have been really unlucky. He was head and shoulders above anyone else for driver of the season and withstood immense pressure off track with many past British f1 racer turn pundits like Hill, Coulthard and Brundle manipulating the media narrative and fighting in Hamilton's corner. With that Merc it should have never been this close. I think next year Russell will truly show that Hamilton has declined....it's not the same Hamilton that was fighting Rosberg. This year he made many mistakes earlier on and didn't deserve to win....
You’ve missed out the tyre explosion in Baku whilst leading.

You'd think that with billions being on the line someone would know the rules. I don't just mean the stupid bit at the end, I mean it all. I've never been into it but watched the last five or six races cos it was close - and there hasn't been one consistent decision applied. They make the dudes in Stockley Park look like Solomon.

And as if Mercedes won't drag this through the courts. So much at stake, you can't just make the rules up as you go can you? It's nuts.

This season was the first time in over 20 years I have actually been interested in following F1. It was mega....more of this please (except for the safety car manipulation. They should outright not allow cars to unlap...use this to change the rules for better. Verstappen should have been forced to overtake 5 cars plus Hamilton. But if we relook that the lap 1 should be relooked too.....
The only people who say mega that many times are Red Bull fans.

Or Whinger Spice himself.

Back
Top Bottom