• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

THE ASHES

Apparently Ryan Harris is out, replaced by Jackson Bird.

As excited as I am to see Bird get a go, Harris is a huge loss.

Nah he's made way for Starc - England win what I predict will be a tricky toss. They have batted first but the conditions are ripe for some seam as well.

Nice Nice - Great session of cricket. Loss of Root aside I thought that was excellent by England. Both teams actually. Aussies bowled well but I would have taken 57-1 by lunch.

Really interesting and entertaining chat and demonstration with Shane Warne, Nassar Hussain and Andrew Strauss just then.

England are in a 'just won the League Cup' state of mind. But that score probably won't prove to be that bad.

So lunch then and Aussies 3 down (including Clarke) great session from England and Broad in particular. The ball is nipping a lot and will continue to do so. I'm just hoping for a nice bit of cloud so reverse swing come into it - The Aussies will then be skittled then me thinks.

@the count - Yeah that was a great bit about spin. Warne could probably still walk into this Aussie team.

When Nasser Hussein, Ian Botham and co. spent ages rabbiting on about the inadequacies of Stuart Broad's bowling length, I just knew he was going to take some wickets!

Wasn't Warne simply a genius?
With him and McGrath in the team they always had a chance of turning an opposing teamt over

Yep Warne certainly was a genius. What I always liked about him he wasn't afraid to give a few boundaries away in order to lull a player into playing a rash shot. I remember watching him in the flesh at the MCG in 2006 - His last test there before retiring. He was unbelievable! If memory serves he got a 5fer and then followed that up with 70 odd with the bat!

Fuck sake.

Loads of hard work getting to an almost level position then blown away so quickly by stupid decisions at the wicket.

England lead by 202 runs with 5 wickets remaining.

Another century for Bell. That'll tie up the England man of the series award.

Just re-watched the highlights on Channel 5 - Bell late cuts like a fucking boss. What a player he is.

The Aussies used to jeer at him and call him the "Shermanator" whatever that means.
Warne used to sledge him with 'Shermanator' because he thought he looked like the ginger guy from 'American Pie' (his nickname in the film) - That was back in 2005 and he has since gone back on that and admitted what a boss player he really is.

Just re-watched the highlights on Channel 5 - Bell late cuts like a fucking boss. What a player he is.

He does indeed. Rogers actually plays that shot well too, rare for an Australian to play the ball as late as he does, but a rare quality nonetheless.

This is still a wide open test. Everything rests on tomorrow morning really. If Australia can skittle the last 5 out before lunch then it;s on for the Aussies.

Ryan Harris, by the way, has been absolutely superb. That jaffer to get the top of Root's off-stump was imperious.

Ryan Harris, by the way, has been absolutely superb. That jaffer to get the top of Root's off-stump was imperious.

Aye - a proper jaffer if ever i saw one. Unplayable. It nipped and then clipped beautifully.

It's a funny old game! 298 ought to be enough, but we thought we had a big enough lead at Trent Bridge and the Aussies only fell short by 14 runs. I really enjoyed watching the England tail scoring runs this morning - for me, that's as good as it gets! 🙂

Regardless if this series finishes 4-0, 3-1, 2-2, I think it's highlighted how the Australian team isn't that bad. They've had a massive drop off their peak days, but they've played South Africa and England as tough as it gets. Rumors of their demise have been greatly exaggerated. I guess when you fall from a peak few have ever reached ...

Back
Top Bottom