• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

THE ASHES

My worry would be Australia posting a large score might cause our batters to think they have to score quickly if a result it to be achieved and that is when we will lose silly wickets.

Missed almost all yesterday & at the zoo today so will miss that too.

Saw the highlights yesterday, seems like the aussie batters remembered how to play test cricket. Unfortunately.

There isn't much threat from the likes of Siddle and co but if Clarke stays in then they just need to avoid giving away their wicket.

I think Clarke could get his double century..

For me DRS has to go really. It's a bad system that has made the umpiring standards worse.

Are the Indians the only international side that still oppose DRS mate😉 ?

The system is great it's just been the 3rd umpires/players who have fucked it up during this series.

The last time I read DRS had improved the number of correct decisions given on the cricket field.

Bit of a hyperbole that... It was a good knock on a batting wicket with the sun out. It will become heroic based on what happens on day 2....

The likes of Sangakkara, Jeya and Sachin may have something to say about best player of spin as well....

Very true.

I'd like to chuck Amla into the mix as well.

My worry would be Australia posting a large score might cause our batters to think they have to score quickly if a result it to be achieved and that is when we will lose silly wickets.

That would be the last thing on their minds. All the English batsman will be thinking about is to bat as long as possible (well maybe not KP). Avoid defeat and we've won the Ashes.

Ffs.

Thought I was the jinx not watching. Maybe not.

Hopefully KP will get a record innings playing some effective test cricket against the odds.

Aye - I'm a little torn. While I'd love a good days play I do find myself doing my 'rain dance' as well. That is a bit tight on the Aussies I suppose. They have played well and if rain does come it will spoil it a little.

Also I have £10 on it being a draw 🙂

Fuck off Britain.

Watching you knobheads swan about in 18 degree "scorchers" all summer long, then the second Australia look like winning a fucking Test for the first time in 400 years the bollocking rain comes out.

Fuck off Britain.

Watching you knobheads swan about in 18 degree "scorchers" all summer long, then the second Australia look like winning a fucking Test for the first time in 400 years the bollocking rain comes out.

It has been high 20s and early 30s in Kent for the past month. It was 26 degrees at night one night!

Oz shouldn't have had to come off last night though. What's the fucking point of floodlights to then take players off for bad light? Test match cricket suffers from too much nonsense like this.

Oz shouldn't have had to come off last night though. What's the fucking point of floodlights to then take players off for bad light? Test match cricket suffers from too much nonsense like this.

They should have declared and then threw the spinners on at Cook & Root.

The Australians have declared, and play is scheduled to start at 11.30!

I am glad about this because I think England are in with a chance of a win. Root and Cook need to start in a positive frame of mind. If we lose two or three wickets playing shots, then it will be time to start blocking! 🙂

I was quite annoyed yesterday that Cook was so negative in slow over rates, defensive field settings etc. I think if we'd have gotten through the overs quicker we'd either be chasing the same target with more time left (this is if you forget that it rained) or a lesser target if we'd have taken more wickets. Anyway - I hope we jiggle the order a bit and get the blockers like Trott further down and bring Bell and KP higher up. Once we are 3 or 4 down, like Portly says, then it might be time to get back to our 2 runs per over game but i'd like to see us make a play for winning!

I know I know.

I was more excited that Cook decided to review that to be honest. Straight out of the Shane Watson school of reviews that decision.

I'll only allow myself to get excited if they get Bell out.

It will be a shame if the rain comes out to have a say in this today - this looks to be set up for a great day of Test cricket. All results possible! Come on England!

There should be a dressing room fine for incorrect use of the review system. Dinner on Chefy!

It will be a shame if the rain comes out to have a say in this today - this looks to be set up for a great day of Test cricket. All results possible! Come on England!

There are only two results possible: Aus win or a draw. Quite clearly England have no intention of tying to win, and I don't blame them either.

Seriously what's the point in these cunts if they can't see balls that are careering into the middle of leg fucking stump?

Back
Top Bottom