• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

THE ASHES

KP gone!!!

Again, a controversial decision. Given out, nothing on hotspot. Snicko had it nicking though.

Tough on England if you ask me, but then the standard of umpiring has been consistently diabolical so nothing surprises.

That is the reviews gone then.. bloody hell. The Aussie seamers have put ours to shame. We have offered little when the ball isn't reverse swinging. Siddle and Harris have both looked dangerous throughout.

After Root and Bell, the rest of the batters aren't known for patience. Bairstow, Prior and Broad are all known for scoring quickly but not for sustained periods (in my experience).

This is now a really big ask!

KP gone!!!

Again, a controversial decision. Given out, nothing on hotspot. Snicko had it nicking though.

Tough on England if you ask me, but then the standard of umpiring has been consistently diabolical so nothing surprises.
I think the DRS system has affected the umpiring decisions. It was a very thin edge, and maybe before DRS the umpire would have given Pietersen the benefit of the doubt. Now DRS is available, the umpire gives it out in the knowledge that if it isn't, the batsman will call for a review and the matter can be settled. There was a slight sound, and Snicko showed contact. It was an edge. Pieterson only added to the DRS controversy by stalking back to the pavilion in high dudgeon! 🙂

Ashes retained.

Annoyed England weren't out there to get an eminently reachable target given the number of overs that would've available in a rain free day.

i like test cricket but it frustrates to fuck when you play a game for 4 days and then it's just a draw .

It is but the two previous tests were very good - looking forward to the next one!

Winning the Ashes is always a good score.

LOL at the Australians' complaints about the umpiring, timewasting etc.yesterday. Perish the thought that an Australian side ever benefited from a poor decision and/or played to the limits of the rules. They must have been taking Arsene Wenger's hypocrisy correspondence course.

The Aussies played well but if ever there was a good toss to win this was it. Old Trafford is the bounciest wicket going (bar the Waca). England deserve to retain the Ashes but the real test will be in the winter. Cook and Trott need to find some runs before then but I have faith in them and none in the Aussie bowling attack. That's 4 out of the 5 for England! Happy days!

Ashes retained.

Annoyed England weren't out there to get an eminently reachable target given the number of overs that would've available in a rain free day.

What are you talking about? England had no intention whatsoever of trying to win that test, as evidenced by the fact they had 13 runs off the first 12 overs and Root was on 2 runs for 36 deliveries at one stage.

They were clearly playing for the draw/rain.

You sound like that's a bad thing? Job done and the Aussies would have done the same.

LOL @ the Aus reaction to KP's little strop...

797355667.jpg

Considering the shite tours they've both had so far, It's good to see Warner and Watson smiling for a change.

What are you talking about? England had no intention whatsoever of trying to win that test, as evidenced by the fact they had 13 runs off the first 12 overs and Root was on 2 runs for 36 deliveries at one stage.

They were clearly playing for the draw/rain.

I agree. Circumstances meant England didn't have a full day to bat and Australia's fine performance reduced their options.

I think you may have rushed to read something that wasn't there.

I like the Aussies over the English too...

I think Australia about 6 or 7 years ago would have tried to go for that final day chase, if they were put in England's position... But the current team would have capitulated under pressure regardless of them trying to play for a win or draw...

I like the Aussies over the English too...

I think Australia about 6 or 7 years ago would have tried to go for that final day chase, if they were put in England's position... But the current team would have capitulated under pressure regardless of them trying to play for a win or draw...

I don't know if previous Australian teams already 2-0 up would have gone for a last day chase (I very much doubt it) because you'd be crucified if you went for it and handed the match to the opposition and put them in with a shout of the Ashes. I think we all know that.

What they might do though, to win a game is to stoop to bowling underarm to deny the opposition a win!. I don't think the Aussies need any lessons in pressing down whilst your boots on the oppositions neck.😉

Back
Top Bottom