• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

The clear out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has to have known when he signed that contract that there was no guarantee of a regular first team place. Tends to suggest he'd be OK with squaddie status here.

He has to have known when he signed that contract that there was no guarantee of a regular first team place. Tends to suggest he'd be OK with squaddie status here.
TBH there aren't many that wouldn't be.
  • He knows that Matip & Gomez are both featherweights in the injury dept so may expect some game time.
  • A not inconsiderable salary surely more than Bournemouth et al could afford
  • A big time chance of being in squads that actually win trophies
  • Being around the likes of VvD and even Konate & Matip would surely be good for improving your own game.
  • Likely less games in the legs would mean a longer, salary earning, career too.

From the 'quota' point of view, it will be Phillips short term if Gomez goes, I don't know when VdB qualifies as home grown.

VdB qualifies as home grown now (3 seasons) registered in England under the age of 21 - but it only matters once he hits 21 - which is from next season.

However - for Europe, he’ll be association trained (I think) rather than club trained - not entirely sure of that one in terms of whether registration sits with us out the loaning side.

I think the distinction is important - because, if he’s not classified as club trained, then he’s unlikely to make the CL (while he could play in the league) - so another season loan, maybe to a Premier League team might be good for him - I’d be happy with either of the teams that come up.

Bradly, I believe, qualifies as both home grown & Club trained as he’s spent 3 years with the club already m.

Also - there’s no way of knowing whether Ramsey will end up better than BBC Bradley - Aberdeen are shite.

In my mind playing for Aberdeen at 18 is not less impressive than a 15 YO Bradley getting clogged all day long in the NI League playing for Dungannon Swifts (who are even more shite).

They’re both outliers that have shown they can compete against physically stronger players at a young age.

Re these fringe players - they're happy to stay because of 5 the substitutions rule.

Appearances are likely to increase as squad rotation is important.

Why are keeping Ox, even letting him go free will free up 6-7m on wages? Not sure what he offers anymore especially as he s so injury prone?
I'd rather have someone from the academy, as know they'll last 90mins. I don't hate Ox but LFC is much too bigger club for him

Why are keeping Ox, even letting him go free will free up 6-7m on wages? Not sure what he offers anymore especially as he s so injury prone?
I'd rather have someone from the academy, as know they'll last 90mins. I don't hate Ox but LFC is much too bigger club for him

Because he’s homegrown, is fulfilling a squad role that isn’t cheaply replaced and we don’t need to trim the wages for any reason.

Because he’s homegrown, is fulfilling a squad role that isn’t cheaply replaced and we don’t need to trim the wages for any reason.
What role is he actually fulfilling? Isn't he like 7th choice right now?

So let's say that everyone is fit and Klopp has to pick a midfield for a midweek game against, I dunno...maybe, Hull City at Anfield.
Fabs, Thiago and Hendo get a rest.
So that leaves Milner, Jones, Keita, Elliott, Carvalho, Morton and Ox.
Does the £40 mill, £140k p/w signing even make the starting line up?

I think we’d end up paying Ox to go. He wouldn’t command much, if any, transfer fee given his injury record and a new club won’t pay him what we are paying him, so we’d end up paying a chunk of his wages for the next year anyway. Against that assessment, the marginal cost of keeping him for a year for the odd 10-15 minute cameo off the bench probably isn’t that significant. Plus he seems like a nice lad and is probably good to have around for team morale in the same way you want Milner’s professional influence even if you know he isn’t going to contribute as much as you’d hope on the field.

What role is he actually fulfilling? Isn't he like 7th choice right now?

So let's say that everyone is fit and Klopp has to pick a midfield for midweek game against, I dunno...maybe, Hull City at Anfield.
Fabs, Thiago and Hendo get a rest.
So that leaves Milner, Jones, Keita, Elliott, Carvalho, Morton and Ox.
Does the £40 mill, £140k p/w signing even make the starting line up?

He’ll fulfil the same role as he fulfilled last year - playing in either the midfield or the forward line whenever we need to rotate or other players are injured and if he gets into a bit of form he may play a reasonable amount of games.

Otherwise he’ll fill in when we need it.

He seems a decent enough fella, isn’t rocking the boat or moaning about lack of opportunities or acting the twat on social media and has a reasonable amount of experience.

I didn’t see the issue - he’s a squad player - we can afford his wages, there isn’t anyone from the kids ready to step in to his role and if we let him go we’d definitely need to sign a midfielder.

He’ll fulfil the same role as he fulfilled last year - playing in either the midfield or the forward line whenever we need to rotate or other players are injured and if he gets into a bit of form he may play a reasonable amount of games.

Otherwise he’ll fill in when we need it.

He seems a decent enough fella, isn’t rocking the boat or moaning about lack of opportunities or acting the twat on social media and has a reasonable amount of experience.

I didn’t see the issue - he’s a squad player - we can afford his wages, there isn’t anyone from the kids ready to step in to his role and if we let him go we’d definitely need to sign a midfielder.

Also, this year will be his last chance to impress other clubs to hand him a good contract. I am guessing he will try to impress every chance he gets.

Because no one is dumb enough to buy him

100c5d677cc28ea3f154c70d641f655b_meme-crying-gif-crying-gif-meme_620-340.gif

Looks like Leeds have got a bundle they need to blow after flogging off Kalvin Phillips and Raphinha.

Any chance they want some of our bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom