• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
That article is an infuriating read - “we know loads of work needs doing so we watched some players go to other clubs and then gave up”.

And now what? Seeing the usual suspects injured… as usual… has crystallized thinking on the matter?

I know right.

We don't need midfielders! We've already got 9!

Yes but 2 of them are shit and always injured, 3 are children, and 3 are past it or injured or both. That leaves Fabinho as the single midfielder who doesn't have some sort of question mark over him.

How can any of this have been remotely surprising?

I want to spend but am told I can't.

[article]Speaking in his Tuesday press conference, Klopp said: “Are we after a midfielder? Ish…closer we get to last minute…more like [they don’t]. I couldn’t [give you a name]. It’s difficult because for sure there a few who are right but there are different issues, at clubs who don’t want to sell, that’s how it is.

“There’s still time but when it’s over, whether someone signs or not, I am really happy as it’s over and we can just focus on the squad we have.
Face the situations we have together. Our fans are active on social media so they can stop doing that. We have a good football team.”

Klopp added: “Signing players never makes sense if they are not the right ones, why would you do that?”

“I am not careful, we get told what is possible and what isn’t. That’s it. In this range we try to work it. There’s no criticism, we became champions in a season when we didn’t sign anyone.
We have an existing team as well. All the players we have here we want to be here.

“I want to develop the club, the squad and be successful.”

Klopp continued: “Let me say it like this, from time to time, I would like to risk a bit more [in the market] but I don’t decide that. We have a great team and we will really try to squeeze everything out of this season.”

[/article]

Last edited:
Considering how quickly the Diaz deal turned around; yes, it definitely is a bullshit excuse. Half think klopp would be happy that we couldn't sign one, so he can be proved right

We don't want to get skinned now.
Most teams have a settled squad and would be in a pretty good position to demand enormous amounts of money to change it up last minute.

Yeah, Brighton have said Caciedo is valued at 100 mill £. Thats how ridiculous it is now.

We don't want to get skinned now.
Most teams have a settled squad and would be in a pretty good position to demand enormous amounts of money to change it up last minute.

Yeah, not getting skinned off the pitch is important.
But if Fabinho continues his 50 year old man impression, we will continue to be skinned on the pitch.

If they had polygamy that wouldn't be fornicating.

Or are you suggesting that the more wives you have the less sex you have? It's plausible.
My grandfather could never understand, and neither can I, how anyone could get involved with more than one woman. The ones he knew would be at HIM with tomahawks. So do the ones I know.

Even IF we do sign someone, it'll be close to a repeat of how we went rushing around for CB.

Procrastinating, reactive - what's new?

Kone from Gladbach might be an option now.

Gosh I hope not. Rather save the money.

Watched 1 min of a compilation on YT and the man missed about 3 passes I'd want a midfielder to see and then make. So it's a no from me.

Based of that 1 min. And his ball control. See for yourself.

Watched 1 min of a compilation on YT and the man missed about 3 passes I'd want a midfielder to see and then make. So it's a no from me.

Jones is better.

Can I just say that Liverpool's midfielder signing exploits bear a close resemblance to my attempts at getting laid in college, and the thought process that resulted in my ascension to a beacon of chastity.

While I, to an extent, can emphatize, I can't feel sorry for our predicament. Just like young Hyena, we are where we are simpky because we were overthinking, self important, hesitant, and greedy dick heads.

Can I just say that Liverpool's midfielder signing exploits bear a close resemblance to my attempts at getting laid in college, and the thought process that resulted in my ascension to a beacon of chastity.

While I, to an extent, can emphatize, I can't feel sorry for our predicament. Just like young Hyena, we are where we are simpky because we were overthinking, self important, hesitant, and greedy dick heads.

Go to the party, find the hottest girl. She fucks off with someone else.

Get irrationally angry, decide you don't want ANYONE else, because in your head, bereft of logic, you've lived a whole life with her and had all sorts of sexy times. Watch, righteously impotent as many other equally or more interesting and attractive girls head off with other guys while you moped around.

Then it's you, stone drunk, in puddles of horrible pilsner, and everything reeks of desperation and you're staring at beads of sweat between the rolls shoved into a purple tube top. And you're thinking about it...

Yeah, checks out.

I watched to the 2 minute mark.
He didn't look that bad. Looks like he's a pain to get the ball off. I'd love a midfielder like that.
Runs with the ball, looks comfortable in tight situations, and can take on and dribble past opponents.
The very first pass he did looked like it went to no one (Renato Sanchez style), but some of his others weren't too bad.

I watched to the 2 minute mark.
He didn't look that bad. Looks like he's a pain to get the ball off. I'd love a midfielder like that.
Runs with the ball, looks comfortable in tight situations, and can take on and dribble past opponents.
The very first pass he did looked like it went to no one (Renato Sanchez style), but some of his others weren't too bad.
I didn't think he looked bad per se, just not very good/exciting.

Nothing outstanding technically. Renato Sanchez is a good comparison. But even he looks better running with the ball.

Go to the party, find the hottest girl. She fucks off with someone else.

Get irrationally angry, decide you don't want ANYONE else, because in your head, bereft of logic, you've lived a whole life with her and had all sorts of sexy times. Watch, righteously impotent as many other equally or more interesting and attractive girls head off with other guys while you moped around.

Then it's you, stone drunk, in puddles of horrible pilsner, and everything reeks of desperation and you're staring at beads of sweat between the rolls shoved into a purple tube top. And you're thinking about it...

Yeah, checks out.
Or you just end up with a rotter, the rubber breaks and you’re lumbered with something round your neck you can’t get rid of and resent for eternity.

It’s because it’s a shite compilation made by someone who should be gainfully employed making Everton season highlights videos. I posted a better one on page 25 of this thread:

Haven't watched him regularly but he's does seem like one to keep an eye on.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom