• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Title Race

Our away record vs. the traditional Big 6 has never been good. 1 positive is, of such fixtures, there's only Man Utd (a) left this season.

W3 D4 L5 GF16 GA21 GD-5
in 12 games, average 0.9 pts per game.

Untitled
Wait a second, hadn't we won at Man City during a game with Firmino , Coutinho and Mane scoring?

Wait a second, hadn't we won at Man City during a game with Firmino , Coutinho and Mane scoring?

The above table was for league games from 2022 till date.

Klopp's 3 victories vs. Man City (A) were:

21 Nov 2015 Manchester City v Liverpool L 1-4 Premier League
10 Apr 2018 Manchester City v Liverpool L 1-2 UEFA Champions League
16 Apr 2022 Manchester City v Liverpool L 2-3 FA Cup

Just to keep the title race alive on SCM:

Titlerace-fixtures.jpg

Looking at that fixture list, can we say that we have 3 on paper difficult games (ManCity, ManUtd, Spurs) and City actually have 5 (Chelsea, Liverpool, ManUtd, Arsenal, Spurs). When I say difficult, I mean on a given day any result may come out. We just need to keep winning the winnable games to be in the race till the end.

Titlerace-fixtures.jpg

Looking at that fixture list, can we say that we have 3 on paper difficult games (ManCity, ManUtd, Spurs) and City actually have 5 (Chelsea, Liverpool, ManUtd, Arsenal, Spurs). When I say difficult, I mean on a given day any result may come out. We just need to keep winning the winnable games to be in the race till the end.

I think Aston Villa away can still be classed as difficult, despite their recent downturn. City got them at home.

Everton away isn’t going to be easy either - when the have 11 players, all the ball boys, the coaching staff, the tea lady and whatever shite mascot they have all behind the ball and Dyche instructing them to attempt GBH on any Liverpool player that comes near them.

Everton away isn’t going to be easy either - when the have 11 players, all the ball boys, the coaching staff, the tea lady and whatever shite mascot they have all behind the ball and Dyche instructing them to attempt GBH on any Liverpool player that comes near them.
I know - many a good player has been lost to that game, they are proper cunts, I remember Origi was never the same after he got assaulted, and obviously VVD, and Thiago assaults were really bad in THAT game. I refer to the season that VVD was out as the Pickford Assault Year.

Titlerace-fixtures.jpg

To me all the home games we HAVE to win and I am not worried about them - even the one against City - think we will absolutely crush them in that game, plus the crowd will push the team over the line in those games. But I am worried about EVERY away game, NONE of them are actually easy. For starters we have not even beaten Bretford away since they came to the PL, Aston Villa, Fulham, Forest, Everton, United - actually ALL of them - we have struggled against those teams, and nearly in every away game this season.

1708224622128.png

We have the easiest run-in on paper. Of course number of previously accumulated points is not necessarily a predictor of future performance (but on average it correlates of course).

City dropping points at home to Chelsea certainly gives us a huge mental boost that they aren’t going to rattle off 18 wins in a row.

Ideally if we are going to get over the line we need them to drop points before the last few games as their run in is a lot easier.

City dropping points at home to Chelsea certainly gives us a huge mental boost that they aren’t going to rattle off 18 wins in a row.

Ideally if we are going to get over the line we need them to drop points before the last few games as their run in is a lot easier.

Hopefully Brentford decide that their next game is the one to keep it tight and grind out a draw to end their current horrible run.

Hopefully Brentford decide that their next game is the one to keep it tight and grind out a draw to end their current horrible run.
I agree on this, to the point I actually believe they (city) could potentially draw their next 3 PL games.

Getting Szobo back is absolutely vital for us.
I'm really hoping for good news about Jota and Jones next week.

If we can keep Virgil, Nunez and Mo fit, we have a chance.....not just at the title, but the quad.

Don’t forget Allison…
And Szobo and Macca.

When it comes down to deciding trophies it will come down to the big matches not those against Brentford, Forest, Luton etc.

Home to City in the PL
United away in the PL
Spurs at home in the PL
Villa away in the PL

Leverkusen in the EL final (cough).
Chelsea LC final
FAC final if we get that far.

And Szobo and Macca.

When it comes down to deciding trophies it will come down to the big matches not those against Brentford, Forest, Luton etc.

Home to City in the PL
United away in the PL
Spurs at home in the PL
Villa away in the PL

Leverkusen in the EL final (cough).
Chelsea LC final
FAC final if we get that far.
It comes down to all 38 games Frogster, you don't get anywhere by doing a Chelsea and just turning up against the big boys. We could well win the title this season with the worst record against the big boys out of the 3 challengers.

It comes down to all 38 games Frogster, we could well win the title this season with the worst record against the big boys out of the 3 challengers.
Well I never - I didn't realise that it was the total accumulated points in the PL that decided the title !

You missed the point. Without our top players we are unlikely to win, and will probably lose, the big matches, which would present an obstacle we'd be unlikely to overcome even winning all the other remaining matches.

Well I never - I didn't realise that it was the total accumulated points in the PL that decided the title !

You missed the point. Without our top players we are unlikely to win, and will probably lose, the big matches, which would present an obstacle we'd be unlikely to overcome even winning all the other remaining matches.
Of course you realise but you do well to play Mr smart arse sometimes and convincing others to believe you don't.

Every game is as important as the other in the league. We had our top players against Chelsea and City away, Arsenal and Utd at home. We couldn't manage to win any. Didn't lose many either which was key & I don't think we will regardless so long as we turn up with the right mentality.

City will win 5-0 against Brentford. Haaland will score on just about every chance after missing them this weekend.

Of course you realise but you do well to play Mr smart arse sometimes and convincing others to believe you don't.

Every game is as important as the other in the league. We had our top players against Chelsea and City away, Arsenal and Utd at home. We couldn't manage to win any. Didn't lose many either which was key & I don't think we will regardless so long as we turn up with the right mentality.
Every game is NOT as important as every other. You think losing to City or Arsenal, instead of winning, is the same as any other? You know it isn't.

Every game is NOT as important as every other. You think losing to City or Arsenal, instead of winning, is the same as any other? You know it isn't.
In the league of course it is. No one cares we lost to City or Arsenal the season we won the league do they? The games we won ended up bring of equal importance. To fans it matters more to win the bigger games sure, there’s more satisfaction from that. But in terms of importance all that matters is you win enough games.

Luton is our last league game this month. Not sure what way the Arsenal and City fixtures fall but we are going to be coming back with the old 'games in hand' on the board.

In the league of course it is. No one cares we lost to City or Arsenal the season we won the league do they? The games we won ended up bring of equal importance. To fans it matters more to win the bigger games sure, there’s more satisfaction from that. But in terms of importance all that matters is you win enough games.

City's a 6 pointer, no other game is, so that's why it's the most important. Isn't that obvious?

definitely. Unless Brentford parks the bus.

When team's park the bus against city, they lose.

We need Brentford to do similar to their game against us, and ensure that when they do get a chance to break, that they do it with intent. Let's hope Toney & Maupay link up better than they did at the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom