• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tottenham Hotcunts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said good chances, not shots. Bale, Dembele and Sigurdsson all shot from range, they aren't good chances. We had a large number of chances in there box where we were one good pass away from a tap in. I wouldn't be wrong, but as you're in the minority again, the impetus is on you to go and rewatch and prove everyone right.

I watched the game live on tv not a stream so I don't need to watch it again. 1 good pass away may as well be a million miles away.

The fact is Spurs could and should have been out of sight at 2-1 and missed great chances to do so.
And I like how you ignore the possesion stat. Please go and watch it and print screen it to show me how we dominated possession.

They bossed it for the first 15 mins to bar the first 60 seconds. You don't have 68% poss without bossing a game.
I didn't bother bringing up the ref, but I actually thought he was pretty fair and used his head alot when others would have just dished out 5/6 yellows.
I don't think we got lucky to win but I think a draw was a much fairer result over the balance of play.
Pressure or no pressure its not often you see an English international skew a 30 yard back pass straight to an opposing striker while the kepper deicdes to enter into no mans land. We got lucky for that goal make no mistake about it, but we did deserve a bit of luck for our pressing. That skewed kick could have 100 places but only 1 of them was going to lead to Downing scoring.
We did have the best move of the game and it was almost unstoppable, but Spurs had a similar move that Siggurdson pulled a whisker wide too.
Like I said I'm not saying we didn't play well as we clearly did in parts but to say we were the better team is biased in my opinion. I really thought Spurs were playing with the swagger of champions for long stretches and they tired badly in the last 15 mins.

I'll take it everyday of the week but I still think we aren't as close to Spurs as people think after this result.

If he had given them a few early cards it would have stopped them from trying to kick us out of the game. But he didnt have the balls to do it.

Also, I may be mistaken, but I think the 68% stat you saw was actually for a five minute period just before they got their first.

And I like how you ignore the possesion stat. .

We have demonstrated many times that the possession stat is all but meaningless. Especially when your team sets up in a way that is designed to use the ball quickly. Why do you ignore that?

I watched the game live on tv not a stream so I don't need to watch it again. 1 good pass away may as well be a million miles away.

The fact is Spurs could and should have been out of sight at 2-1 and missed great chances to do so.
And I like how you ignore the possesion stat. Please go and watch it and print screen it to show me how we dominated possession.

Are you trying to imply that you have a superior recollection of the game because you watched it on TV and not on a stream? My stream by the way was very high quality, and also saw the highlights on match of the day and the 45 minute rerun yesterday lunch time on sky. Not that it's relevant, but if you want to make a point of it.

I didn't ignore the possession stat, in fact my second from last post made reference to it, and other people have already stated in this thread that your 68% number was a complete fabrication, regardless possession doesn't win football, as we all on this forum should know, and I was merely pointing out a section of play in the first half where we had a >60% possession stat for 5-10minutes, I never said we dominated possession. Yes they could have been out of sight at 2-1, however we could have been 2-0 up if the foul on Coutinho in the penalty area was given, or if that foul didn't happen and he scored the tap in he'd have had. We had plenty of chances, plenty.

This is all moot anyway, your point was we didn't deserve to win the game, and you're wrong. Simple. We earnt that victory through hard work, good play and limiting Spurs chances.

Also, if people want to talk about luck, I'd say it was pretty lucky that Bale was coming back onto that side of the field to swing the cross for their 1st, and I'd say it was pretty lucky that there's a ref stupid enough to buy into Bale's bullshit and award a bollocks free kick that led to their 2nd.

We earned that win, and bloody deserved it, end of.

Yes, but isn't it refreshing to see Liverpool emerge as winners from a fairly equal tussle? That's what United do week in and week out. So many times this season we have dominated the play and ended up with a draw or a defeat.
Exactly what I was saying.

It's very rare we come out victorious after such a close contest. But even at 2-1 down, we fought tooth and nail to get 3 points back. This was the most pleasing factor of Sunday's match. I loved it.

Pat is just playing devil's advocate people ... He neglects to mention we should have been up 1-0 with a penalty (and a card to Walker), and the possession was far closer than 68-32, nor that we were set up to dominate possession (as we normally do, and as Doc has said numerous times).

Would a draw have been a fair result? Overall? Probably. But a loss at WHL was an unfair result on us, so fuck them - we made our own luck and I hope this is something we do more and more. We loss count every fucking year at how many games Manure win after 'deserving' a draw or a spanking. Time that we start winning ugly or getting lucky to win.

He wouldn't know how to play devils advocate. He probably thinks Devil's advocate is vouching for Cruella's hatred of Dalmatians or something.

Possession was 47.1 - 52.9
Thats pretty close and while they had more shots then us, this time we were clinical.
On fight and determination alone we deserved to win.

Pat is just playing devil's advocate people ... He neglects to mention we should have been up 1-0 with a penalty (and a card to Walker), and the possession was far closer than 68-32, nor that we were set up to dominate possession (as we normally do, and as Doc has said numerous times).

Would a draw have been a fair result? Overall? Probably. But a loss at WHL was an unfair result on us, so fuck them - we made our own luck and I hope this is something we do more and more. We loss count every fucking year at how many games Manure win after 'deserving' a draw or a spanking. Time that we start winning ugly or getting lucky to win.
A teacher once told me that the definition of luck is when preparation meets opportunity. We pressed and pressed and pressed hoping for a mistake and when luck came our way we took the opportunity. Its what top teams do. Spurs didn't take theirs but we took ours, its as simple as that.

He wouldn't know how to play devils advocate. He probably thinks Devil's advocate is vouching for Cruella's hatred of Dalmatians or something.

I believe he thinks it's a breakfast dish, similar to eggs benedict.

A teacher once told me that the definition of luck is when preparation meets opportunity. We pressed and pressed and pressed hoping for a mistake and when luck came our way we took the opportunity. Its what top teams do. Spurs didn't take theirs but we took ours, its as simple as that.

Exactly. Not wishing to keep banging on about United, but I used to think they were jammy because a loose ball would always seem to rebound to a United player for them to stick it in the net. I came to realise that it was because United got plenty of players in the box, available to take advantage of such opportunities.

Possession was 47.1 - 52.9
Thats pretty close and while they had more shots then us, this time we were clinical.
On fight and determination alone we deserved to win.

As I said earlier the 68% stat was one of those "previous five minute" ones. Dreamy obviously didnt spot that

A draw would have been the fair result. They did control the game and the tempo for large parts and we did get the break for the second goal, which frankly, never looked like coming. But we took our chance and rolled our sleeves up.

Also, we didn't get our just desserts v City (twice) or Arsenal (away). So what would have been a fair result doesn't matter. Its the actual result which counts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom