• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome back Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. A Norwegian twitter user claimed that although it seemed the impossible mission, Mourinho was the one that actually could do it. He could get in a conflict with Heung Min Son.

So? And it's not hard to believe that this charm offensive had something to do with him NOT HAVING A JOB AND WANTING ONE

He’s never stroke me as a man who does that. He generally doesn’t give a shit what anyone thinks.

Mourinho practically pleaded for the United managers job when he was at Real Madrid. Constantly spoke about them tactically and the admiration he had for them.

Mourinho practically pleaded for the United managers job when he was at Real Madrid. Constantly spoke about them tactically and the admiration he had for them.

So what happens when one of the big jobs get available and he is stuck in Spurs?

It would be my first move, he's worth far money in transfer value than he is in value to their team. He's exactly the kind of striker Mourinho likes though, so maybe he'll bring the best out of him.

Edit, by best I mean keep up his stunning scoring record, whilst not being a detriment to the team, as he clearly is at Spurs (see the CL final).
I'd sell him too given Spurs situation as he's a luxury they can't afford. Eriksen and Aderweireld are almost out of contract and centre midfield lacks presence (I don't get the all the fuss about Winks).

If they can get £30m for Eriksen and £200m for Kane and buy Koulibaly (£80m), Maddison (£80m), Grealish (£50m) and Dybala (£90m) then for £70m they have considerably strengthened their first 11 and their squad options.

........................................Lloris.........................................
Dier*....................Vertonghen............Koulibaly....................Davies
.................Maddison............Ndombele..............Grealish
..............Son...................Dybala...................Moura................

Sissoko
Alli (on the bench until his form picks up)
Lamela
Sessegnon
Winks
etc

It's an attacking line up but Sissoko can come in at DM in place of Grealish for tougher games.

*Aurier is shit and Walker-Peters doesn't look any better. Dier is lost, nobody knows his "right" position, he's not a CM'er for sure and not commanding enough to be a CB, I think it's time Spurs gave him a go at RB.

I'd sell him too given Spurs situation as he's a luxury they can't afford. Eriksen and Aderweireld are almost out of contract and centre midfield lacks presence (I don't get the all the fuss about Winks).

If they can get £30m for Eriksen and £200m for Kane and buy Koulibaly (£80m), Maddison (£80m), Grealish (£50m) and Dybala (£90m) then for £70m they have considerably strengthened their first 11 and their squad options.

........................................Lloris.........................................
Dier*....................Vertonghen............Koulibaly....................Davies
..............Son...................Dybala...................Moura................

Sissoko
Lamela
Sessegnon
Winks
etc

It's an attacking line up but Sissoko can come in at DM in place of Grealish for tougher games.

*Aurier is shit and Walker-Peters doesn't look any better. Dier is lost, nobody knows his "right" position, he's not a CM'er for sure and not commanding enough to be a CB, I think it's time Spurs gave him a go at RB.

Dier at RB?

He has no pace and the turning circle of a fucking aircraft carrier. And I'm not sure that Kane would fetch £200m. Nice looking Dream Team though.

What?

Harry Kane is exactly what Spurs need, it's literally akin to when we lost suarez, they'd be fucked without him

It's always hard to tell how losing a player will impact performance. Sometimes when one player begins to dominate the team the overall performance of the team drops because they begin to rely on that player too much.

We actually saw that with Suarez at times. When he was out, the rest of the team played better.

We got better when Michael Owen left, etc.

It's dangerous to rely on one exceptional player... Because he becomes your standard outlet and everyone else doesn't give 100%. I'm very pleased we have three exceptional players up front now and we're not relying on Salah being the star of the show.

It's always hard to tell how losing a player will impact performance. Sometimes when one player begins to dominate the team the overall performance of the team drops because they begin to rely on that player too much.

We actually saw that with Suarez at times. When he was out, the rest of the team played better.

We got better when Michael Owen left, etc.

It's dangerous to rely on one exceptional player... Because he becomes your standard outlet and everyone else doesn't give 100%. I'm very pleased we have three exceptional players up front now and we're not relying on Salah being the star of the show.

So, summing up

Two or more exceptional players > one exceptional player

Dier at RB?

He has no pace and the turning circle of a fucking aircraft carrier. And I'm not sure that Kane would fetch £200m. Nice looking Dream Team though.
Realistically Spurs also need a RB because Aurier and Walker-Peters are shit. Dier's prospects have plateaued (being kind, he is actually falling off the cliff) and he needs to nail down a position, I put him there due to Levy's obvious budget restrictions and because Dier simply has to be a better option that Aurier or the kid.

I'm not sure he is actually. IMO he's a decent enough DM and he did start his senior career as a defender, but he's not Prem standard anywhere in the back four.

Sissoko
Lamela
Sessegnon
Winks
etc

if koulibally is available for 80m, i would love if we put a bid for him

So, summing up

Two or more exceptional players > one exceptional player

Two great players is better than one exceptional player. I'd rather have two player who are 95% perfect than one player who is 100% perfect.

I'd rather the team's talent be spread out than concentrated in a star player... Or a few star players. Spur's situation isn't ideal.

We're just fortunate we have an abundance of exceptional players atm.

There was an interesting statistic from the Brodge 2nd place run where we got more points per game average when Suarez was injured or suspended than we did when he was available.

No denying Suarez is one of the single most brilliant players to play the game, but we surprisingly did better when he was injured.

Same thing happened with Gerrard for a number of seasons too.

It's far better to have a good team than it is to have stand out players. One of the worst mistakes a team can make is to rely on individuals.

It might sound counter intuitive, but often losing your best player is the best thing that can happen in a team (short term at least)... Losing Kane might not hurt Spurs as much as some think.

Last edited:
That's more than we paid for Virgil. No way is he worth that.
that was 2 years ago. if we factor in the inflation, i don't think he worth more than van dijk, let alone if we consider current value of van dijk (buying another van dijk if there is) is much more than that.

It's still much too close to the price we paid for a far better player. Koulibaly is a very strong and athletic defender but nowhere near as classy a footballer. I'd consider him for about one third of that price, nothing more.

i think 25m is too cheap in this age. for me, that is middle to lower quality player. in my opinion 50+ should be a fair price for him.

Mourinho described himself as humble in his first news conference as Spurs boss, saying he spent his time away from football analysing his career.

"I realised I made mistakes," he said.

"I'm not going to make the same mistakes. I'll make new mistakes - but not the same."

Mourinho, who would not be drawn on what mistakes he was referring to, added: "I am humble, humble enough to try and analyse my career - not just the last year, but the whole thing, the evolution, the problems and the solutions. Not to blame anyone else.

"It was a great thing. I went really deep with that analysis. A break was very positive for me. It was the first summer I did not work and I felt a little bit at a loss during that pre-season.

"I was always humble, in my way. The problem is you didn't understand that."

Humility is a funny, strange trait isn't it ? The more you blow your own trumpet about how humble you are, the more you're revealing your stinking pride.

And this is where many of us can take a leaf out of Klopp's book. Gracious in defeat and equally humble in victory. The normal one.

As the proverb goes, pride goes before a destruction or a fall. I certainly do not wish that on anyone, not even my worst enemies. But if the once self-proclaimed The Special One would be wise to learn from his past mistakes, it could be argued that much of that proverb had come true in Mourinho's career previously on many occasions. If I were him, I would take heed and shut up.

They wouldn't take less than a hundred either way, but if they did, him and VVD would be a brick wall. Koulibaly is the reason we didn't beat them in our first CL game.

Realistically Spurs also need a RB because Aurier and Walker-Peters are shit. Dier's prospects have plateaued (being kind, he is actually falling off the cliff) and he needs to nail down a position, I put him there due to Levy's obvious budget restrictions and because Dier simply has to be a better option that Aurier or the kid.
Two great players is better than one exceptional player. I'd rather have two player who are 95% perfect than one player who is 100% perfect.

I'd rather the team's talent be spread out than concentrated in a star player... Or a few star players. Spur's situation isn't ideal.

We're just fortunate we have an abundance of exceptional players atm.

There was an interesting statistic from the Brodge 2nd place run where we got more points per game average when Suarez was injured or suspended than we did when he was available.

No denying Suarez is one of the single most brilliant players to play the game, but we surprisingly did better when he was injured.

Same thing happened with Gerrard for a number of seasons too.

It's far better to have a good team than it is to have stand out players. One of the worst mistakes a team can make is to rely on individuals.

It might sound counter intuitive, but often losing your best player is the best thing that can happen in a team (short term at least)... Losing Kane might not hurt Spurs as much as some think.

So we were a better side without Suarez and Gerrard.

Gotcha

Couch Surfer Mourinho

"Responding to the notion he was seen as “Mr Chelsea”, he said: “I think they have to see me as Mr Inter, Mr Real Madrid, Mr Porto. I am a club man, but [a] many clubs man. I am not Chelsea, I am not Inter, I am not Real Madrid, I am all of them. I gave everything to all of them and that is what I am going to give here."

“I think I am Mr. Porto and Mr. Real Madrid and other clubs as well, I am whatever club I am at,” Mourinho told a press conference.

“I wear the pyjamas of the club and sleep in them.

“I am a club man, but I am a many club man"

Mourinho: I wear the pyjamas of the club and sleep in them

It's still much too close to the price we paid for a far better player. Koulibaly is a very strong and athletic defender but nowhere near as classy a footballer. I'd consider him for about one third of that price, nothing more.

So one of the most sought after cb’s in world football isn’t worth more than $25m? Ha.

How is this for sample size ?

LFC with Suarez - 1 League cup.
LFC without Suarez - 18 leagues, 6 CL's , 3 Uefa Cups, 7 FA Cups, 7 league cups.

You may have a slight variable problem there.

LFC with Suarez 3 years
LFC without Suarez 123 years

In the 5 years before and the 4 after before last season we won zero trophies without Suarez.

In the 3 years he was here we won one ;)

LFC without Suarez - 18 leagues, 6 CL's , 3 Uefa Cups, 7 FA Cups, 7 league cups.
LFC with Klopp - 1 x CL, 1x Supercup

LFC Without Klopp -42 (or so) major trophies.

What is the fuzz with the German?

Fucking hell Rosco - you gone full mental there with that sample

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom