• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome back Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see Mourinho's post-match interview ?

He's soooo trying to imitate Klopp.

"It's not about me...it's all about the boys....."
"...as long as they're happy....that's most important..."

It's quite funny actually.

It’s smart. Learn from people who are having greater success than you. Wonder how long it will last.

yup. fuck your supply and demand. i will only pay whatever i think it's worth.and i agree with that. just that i rate koulibaly higher than jj does.

as long as it is south to 100M, i think he worth the punt. more than that, since we already have VvD, i believe we should spend that on other department/player. but to have VvD and Koulibaly as our cb pair, that would be interesting. if VvD is not available, koulibaly + 1 is definitely much better than lovren + 1 or matip + 1.

the other cb that i think does make life difficult for salah is leicester's soyuncu. at 23, he is 5 years younger than VvD and koulibaly, and much cheaper and look quality. i think he is a better bargain than koulibaly.
Soyuncu - easily the 2nd best defender after VVD in this league.

It’s smart. Learn from people who are having greater success than you. Wonder how long it will last.

But klopp isnt putting it on. It works for klopp because it's natural. Mourinho has had fantastic relationships with his teams in the past, as have plenty of managers that are nothing like klopp.

I kinda wish Mourinho would have gone to AC Milan.
It's a team that is so far removed from their greatness ... and seemingly unable to recapture any form, or the ability to play decent footy.
Taking them to the top 4 or winning a trophy would have boosted his reputation quite a bit ...
Spurs are basically the same thing I guess - but with a far far better team just needing a 'restart'.

I know what you're getting at, but fucking SPURS are nowhere near the club AC Milan are.

I know what you're getting at, but fucking SPURS are nowhere near the club AC Milan are.

True, but in today's climate, he has a far better chance to succeed with Spurs than Milan ... which is why going to Milan and succeeding would have been quite a 'f you' to his critics (like me) who don't think he can build and mange average teams to greatness.

The game is moving beyond managers like Mourinho.

Spurs acting like that got a managerial coup in getting Mourinho.

Nevermind the fact Real Madrid, Dortmund, AC Milan & Bayern all turning him down - his only option was Spurs lol.

Soyuncu - easily the 2nd best defender after VVD in this league.
1b03a23eb6449c44eac524fb8ae85750.jpg

The game is moving beyond managers like Mourinho.

Spurs acting like that got a managerial coup in getting Mourinho.

Nevermind the fact Real Madrid, Dortmund, AC Milan & Bayern all turning him down - his only option was Spurs lol.

Bollocks

Maureen comes across as a decent fella away from football or when he's a pundit. don a Manager's suit and he becomes a complete tit.
The media do realise that spurs have won the league title twice in their entire history, right? And not since 1961. They are genuinely nobodies in world football.

Gomez is way off form and producing nothing like the start of last season, Matip is a great support defender to VVD, but I think that guy from Leicester is more a leader type like VVD, that is why I have given him that 2nd best title. That said, I do think that our 3 supporting acts to VVD are world class when on form, which is why Klopp always said he found it difficult to find better than Lovren. Lovren has proved himself on the world stage anyway and he gets too much of a hard time from us on here.

Maureen says he is a "humble" man and he has looked at where he has gone wrong and seen how Pep and Klopp behaved with their players and learned. How long before he starts throwing 1 or 2 players under the bus

Maureen says he is a "humble" man and he has looked at where he has gone wrong and seen how Pep and Klopp behaved with their players and learned. How long before he starts throwing 1 or 2 players under the bus

Guardiola and Klopp are not humble either.
Although, like Mourinho, Guardiola IS a massive fucking cunt

Is anyone falling for this "nice guy" Mourinho act?

I don't think he is faking anything. He has clearly reloaded his energy and is eager to go. But if they had not been lucky to get the goal just before half time and ended up losing yesterday there had not been any "nice guy" Mourinho. He is getting a few good results now and it obv lift the spirit of his club but it can very easily change. However credit where credit is due, he has got that group looking dangerous. Even Aurier looked ok second half last night

Humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less.

Mourinho's always going on about himself.

Klopp on the other hand laughs the attention off and away from himself. That's why even the neutrals like him.

I might be completely wrong (probably will be) but think he'll do alright.

As Rurik said, this Spurs team seem a pretty decent fit for him on paper.

The biggest issue they have is the three players out of contract in the summer. It'll be interesting to see whether the arrival of Mourinho will keep them at the club.
This.

It would be my first move, he's worth far money in transfer value than he is in value to their team. He's exactly the kind of striker Mourinho likes though, so maybe he'll bring the best out of him.

Edit, by best I mean keep up his stunning scoring record, whilst not being a detriment to the team, as he clearly is at Spurs (see the CL final).
Gotta wonder how often you watch Spurs mate. The slack jawed one isn't just a goal scorer he does a dan fine job in holding up the ball and bringing others into play and is a damn fine passer. He is perfect for their team.

EDIT. I'm way behind in this thread. Others have said the same and you've replied to them.

Last edited:
That's more than we paid for Virgil. No way is he worth that.
We got VvD on the cheap. He's easily worth £120m+ now. Koulibaly is rated as the world's 2nd best CB (according to the ESPN world ranking list per position) so that surely £80m is about right ? I'm sure he wouldn't go for less.

EDIT. I'm way STILL way behind in this thread.

Last edited:
Humility is a funny, strange trait isn't it ? The more you blow your own trumpet about how humble you are, the more you're revealing your stinking pride.

And this is where many of us can take a leaf out of Klopp's book. Gracious in defeat and equally humble in victory. The normal one.

As the proverb goes, pride goes before a destruction or a fall. I certainly do not wish that on anyone, not even my worst enemies. But if the once self-proclaimed The Special One would be wise to learn from his past mistakes, it could be argued that much of that proverb had come true in Mourinho's career previously on many occasions. If I were him, I would take heed and shut up.
I like his new found humility. He loves everything about LFC, Klopp our players. I think it's great ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom