• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What do or did your parents do?

A

aRdja

I'll start.

Mum's a dermatologist, Dad's a general practitioner. Nothing too exciting..

Nothing. They are retired.

My mum was a teacher and my dad was an investment banker.

Hahaha.

This is amusing.

My mum, in order:

Secretary, Admin assistant, head of resources, head of payroll, student, chief exec of Aim Higher North West. (education based system (JMU) aimed at getting disadvantaged kids into higher education).

My dad, again, in order:

Fireworks factory manual worker, postman, student, bar worker, ex-grad researcher, full time uni lecturer, part time uni lecturer, bar manager, admin assistant for CRB.

(beat that for a fucked up CV!) I'll explain how should anyone actually wish to know!

FoxForceFive said:
Hahaha.

This is amusing.

My mum, in order:

Secretary, Admin assistant, head of resources, head of payroll, student, chief exec of Aim Higher North West. (education based system (JMU) aimed at getting disadvantaged kids into higher education).

My dad, again, in order:

Fireworks factory manual worker, postman, student, bar worker, ex-grad researcher, full time uni lecturer, part time uni lecturer, bar manager, admin assistant for CRB.

(beat that for a fucked up CV!) I'll explain how should anyone actually wish to know!
Your mum's cv is lovely..

Isnt is just? She went from being admin assistant/secretary/PA, to being JMU Aim Higher directorate in a very short time, & rightly so. The degree in Sociology helped her with that bit though!

My dad's is way more interesting, & way more funny too.

I think he meant Chief Financial Officer.

Some really impressive positions in this thread.

FoxForceFive said:
LeTallecWiz said:
dad - CFO
mom - secretary

Chief Foreign Officer?

Chief Financial Officer (of Reuters for various regions, and some internet company and now some british company which in my old age, I have forgotten the name) ... this is one case where son will not better father!

LeTallecWiz said:
FoxForceFive said:
LeTallecWiz said:
dad - CFO
mom - secretary

Chief Foreign Officer?

Chief Financial Officer (of Reuters for various regions, and some internet company and now some british company which in my old age, I have forgotten the name) ... this is one case where son will not better father!
Can I have your dad?

Da - Dunno never met him well not that i can remember anyway. But according to my ma he was quite high up in the 'drinking all his wages and beating his kids' game....still you gotta have a hobby eh?

Ma - She is the something/something of Something at Canterbury University head of computer course design? Fuck knows! its computers at Canterbury university.

Her husband - Press/media officer Canterbury University.

Mom - Laywer for the provincial government

Dad - Predelivery inspection and accessory installation at one of the country's largest General Motors dealers.

My dad was an electrical engineer. He fitted the floodlights that currently light up Anfield. A lot of his work took him abroad to such places like Hong Kong, India and Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war.

My mum worked in shops mainly, the most famous being Nems which was a record shop in Liverpool owned by the Beatles manager Brian Epstein.
She was once sacked from Woolworths for hitting a customer over the head with a tray of toffee. She had been wearing a green ribbon for St. Patrick's day and he stupidly called her a Catholic bastard. My mum is not someone you want to cross.

Both are retired now.

My dad was a sea captain then went on to be chief shipbroker for a company called O.I.L

My mum did work for inland revenue before becoming a full time mother! She's now the manager of a local charity organisation

Mum - Retired, but her last job was in a factory making thermostats for kettles and irons.

Dad - passed away in 2004 (YNWA you old bugger!) and spent most of his final years playing golf. Before his retirement, he worked for the water board.

anfieldanfield said:
Dad: Pilot, apparently, although I rarely see him.

Translated: He works in Tie Rack at Brighton International Airport. He pretends to be a pilot like Deidre Barlow's ex-lover used to.

Back
Top Bottom