• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

1 hour.........Done fam

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 crazy things that bothers me:

We haven't sold Sakho.
We haven't sold Markovic.
We haven't signed a CB
We apparently don't have another option than VD.
We havent signed a DM.
Can hasn't signed a new contract.

6 crazy things that I'm delighted about:
We signed Salah
We signed Ox
We signed a left back.
We signed Solanke.
We got Keita, albeit next season.
Our stance on Coutinho, cause fuck Barca.

6 crazy things that bothers me:

[hl]
We haven't sold Sakho.

[/hl]We haven't sold Markovic.
We haven't signed a CB
We apparently don't have another option than VD.
We havent signed a DM.
Can hasn't signed a new contract.

6 crazy things that I'm delighted about:
We signed Salah
We signed Ox
We signed a left back.
We signed Solanke.
We got Keita, albeit next season.
Our stance on Coutinho, cause fuck Barca.

I find it strange too, the club must be confident of agreeing a loan with fee on him if the transfer valuation isnt met

The Echo, Pearce etc all saying we are done.

Fucking unreal.

An image to warm the heart after a bit of disappointment

d5J_vsIaXA3hx0bPc2X1M7EjrBw5xgnyXl-zlNHWOwM.jpg

Dunno how to rate this window. There's certainly more negatives than positives but it's still not totally wank. We got two exciting players in Salah and Ox, but our inability to sell off our fringe players like Sakho, Marko and fucking Bogdo is strange to say the least.
What bothers me the most, however is that during all this time we didn't find a single player in the entire world that we could have signed instead of VD. I refuse to believe that he's so good that everyone else looked like shit compared to him.

In real terms
Solanke - Why is Divock
Ox - Lucas/Stewart
Robertson back up
Salah - good squad signing

Keita taken out of the equazion we havnt really done enough.

It really did come down to Van Dijk for success and failure (Lemar was neither here nor there and probably a future proof for Coutinho leaving) and the long and the short of it is we needed better than Lovren and Matip for a season and we needed a DM and got neither.

I'll be up till 11 watching the window but I am going to end up thinking what if this season, I just know it.

Weve already seen it vs Watford

What is really grating me is that keita looks to come in to replace our best cm, who we will let go for free.

We should offer them £60m plus Sakho and Markovic.
Thats a sick deal for everyone.

Why are we meeting amongst ourselves?
Shouldn't we be meeting soton officials?
Much simpler this way. We end up not having to pay up, but at least we tried amongst ourselves.

Dunno how to rate this window. There's certainly more negatives than positives but it's still not totally wank. We got two exciting players in Salah and Ox, but our inability to sell off our fringe players like Sakho, Marko and fucking Bogdo is strange to say the least.
What bothers me the most, however is that during all this time we didn't find a single player in the entire world that we could have signed instead of VD. I refuse to believe that he's so good that everyone else looked like shit compared to him.
It's been shit. We needed a CB and didn't get one. Wasted all this time on van dijk when Southampton weren't selling him.

In real terms
Solanke - Why is Divock
Ox - Lucas/Stewart
Robertson back up
Salah - good squad signing

Keita taken out of the equazion we havnt really done enough.

It really did come down to Van Dijk for success and failure (Lemar was neither here nor there and probably a future proof for Coutinho leaving) and the long and the short of it is we needed better than Lovren and Matip for a season and we needed a DM and got neither.

I'll be up till 11 watching the window but I am going to end up thinking what if this season, I just know it.

Weve already seen it vs Watford

I know you are not happy with the way the summer has gone, but come off it!

A CB would tip the 'window' over the edge. Not signing a CB is poor - given we've had an entire window to get that right - but the rest of our transfer dealings are more than solid.

I agree good options.
But we NEEDED a CB and a DM
EVERYONE knows it.
You cant spin it positively. We fucked it.

It's worth remembering that last year we were so badly equipped at center half that Lucas was playing there.

I agree good options.
But we NEEDED a CB and a DM
EVERYONE knows it.
You cant spin it positively. We fucked it.

I'm not spinning it positively, I agree that we still need those.

Keita was first choice for midfield, it became abundantly clear that no fucker was getting him for this year - signing him for next is a great piece of business.

I just get the feeling that you are downplaying the rest of the deals because we haven't signed a CB. The rest of the signings are good business, Salah is certainly not 'a good squad signing' - he's first choice for the right wing and he's showing it already.

Truth is, we look stronger is every area we have bought for.

I'm not spinning it positively, I agree that we still need those.

Keita was first choice for midfield, it became abundantly clear that no fucker was getting him for this year - signing him for next is a great piece of business.

I just get the feeling that you are downplaying the rest of the deals because we haven't signed a CB. The rest of the signings are good business, Salah is certainly not 'a good squad signing' - he's first choice for the right wing and he's showing it already.

Truth is, we look stronger is every area we have bought for.
Im unconvinced hes first choice when Coutinho is in the squad.

Question is would you push the boat out anD MAKE these 2 happen.
Say 90m Lemar and 80m Virgil
If it meant selling the rat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom