• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

6 Nations 2011

So what did we learn from the 6 Nations ?

Apart from the World Cup will be won by a Southern Hemisphere team

All in all though i'm quite happy with how we've gone.

Our current squad must have an average age of around 24/25 and we've given them some much needed game time.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=43754.msg1302157#msg1302157 date=1300570528]
So what did we learn from the 6 Nations ?

Apart from the World Cup will be won by a Southern Hemisphere team NZ[/quote]

If they don't choke. Again.

And you keep saying that stuff about young players and game time in Xpert Eleven too. One day you might even believe it. ;)

It's true JJ ;)

I can handle losing games a lot better when i know there is a long term plan in place. We've given some great experience to all of the players listed below in this years comp. I honestly can't think of a younger squad to have ever played in the 6 nations.

North (19)
Halfpenny (22)
Roberts (24)
Davies (22)
B Davies (24)
Warburton (22)
Lydiate (23)
Mitchell (24)
Tavis Knoyle (20)
Toby Faletau (19)
Josh Turnbull (23)

Are all between 19-24

Hook (25)
A W Jones (25)
Stoddart (26)
Phillips (28)
A Bishop (25)
J Thomas (28)
H Bennett (27)
R Hibbard (27)
P James (28)

We've got no more than 5/6 players in our entire squad who are 30 or over (2 of which are subs). Our future is looking very bright.

Yeah, in all seriousness I do think you lot have a decent future ahead of you, though I'd say you'll need a change of coach to make the most of it.

Should have added earlier - well played Ireland, excellent performance and full value for the win.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=43754.msg1302160#msg1302160 date=1300570809]
Best XV of the tournament, anyone?

[/quote]

Very tricky this year. Only standout performers i can think of are:

Gray
Parisse
Ashton
Dusautoir
Warburton
Bowe
Wood
BOD

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=43754.msg1302160#msg1302160 date=1300570809]
Best XV of the tournament, anyone?

[/quote]

I always find them impossible to do, it's difficult to split tight fives for the most part, but very few were consistently good throughout

But from what I saw the players who I feel had a bit to prove and enhanced their reputation (for me anyway) in some way during the tournament were:

Richie Gray - Scotland second row
Sean O' Brien - Ireland back row
Mike Ross - Ireland tight head
Eoin Reddan - Ireland scrum half
Dylan Hartley - England Hooker
Toby Flood - England outhalf
Ben Foden - England fullback
James Haskell - England bac row
James Hook - Wales outhalf
Sam Warburton - Wales no. 7
Fabio Semenzato (I had to research to find his name) - Italy number 9 , solely for the following clip :
Mike Phillips vs Fabio Semenzato - Sit Down

Delighted to see Ireland raise their game to beat England on Saturday.
This thread is probably the best thread on the entire forum.
Those NZ training videos are fake.

BOD.jpg

I heard today that Andy Robinson has stopped 5 of the better Scottish players from playing any more rugby this season, with the aim to helping them get ready for the world cup.

They're allowed to train with their clubs but not to take part in any contact sessions.

Won't make any difference. Most of them probably can't catch their opposite numbers anyway.

I saw a new post in this thread and i just knew 100% who it was from and what exactly it was about. He had a fight with 2 team mates apparently, not a mark on him though, so not sure how true it is. 1 week ban.

I should point out that he scored on his debut AND it's already been confirmed that he will get picked for the Wales WC prep games.

Henson needs to watch out that he doesn't end up wasting all that talent.

Incidentally, Ross, Neil Best finally managed to do what he's been threatening all season and get a MOTM award. He's been amazingly consistent for Worcester Warriors and is proving absolutely invaluable now that the promotion playoffs have arrived.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=43754.msg1317891#msg1317891 date=1303204215]
Wales are shit though
[/quote]

I can't argue with that, we only just managed to beat the Irish ffs.

Cheers for posting that Rosco.

Boudjellal seems to rate Henson:

"It's a disappointment because he's a great player. I'm sure he would have had a good match on Saturday [against Perpignan].

"You can tell that he's a great player. He's a cut above and makes me think of Sonny Bill Williams. They are boys who are cuts above."

Actions and words Rafa, if he was great they wouldn't be sacking him. and they certainly wouldn't be the third team this season to do it

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=43754.msg1320361#msg1320361 date=1303558936]
Actions and words Rafa, if he was great they wouldn't be sacking him. and they certainly wouldn't be the third team this season to do it
[/quote]

You're the only person in the world who doesn't rate Henson. And "if" it happens it will be the first time (you really shouldn't be calling other people a idiot).

He could have been a good player if he wanted to.

He spent too much time in Church, in the media and dancing around like a fag on TV.

and less Heineken Cup medals than about half the Irishman to play the game in the last 5 years.

Including ROG

Back
Top Bottom