• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't try to court Sanchez to the degree than Arsenal did, or we did for Lallana. We expended our resources elsewhere, or in some cases didn't employ them.

And you know this because......?

Typical speculative bullshit that we usually get treated to everytime we don't get a fancy Dan who fancies somewhere else because of the highlife or whatever. We had hysterics last year over Salah and Willian and a few others, I'm yet to see evidence that we really missed out there.

You can tell by the level of media speculation quite easily how aggressive we are on a target.

You also notice Barcelona's recruiting campaign of Suarez. Various legends and current players hyping him up, and the like. Sanchez would be our biggest coup in several years, and everybody knows this, so if we were truly interested, we would have really put on a media campaign similar.

You can tell by the level of media speculation quite easily how aggressive we are on a target.

You also notice Barcelona's recruiting campaign of Suarez. Various legends and current players hyping him up, and the like. Sanchez would be our biggest coup in several years, and everybody knows this, so if we were truly interested, we would have really put on a media campaign similar.

I think, like most things football related this time of year, that's just speculation.

Im sorry I dont post more often. Definitely I am a lurker who isnt contributing much content myself (besides adding to others' Likes) for a while now. I always read the site on my phone and hate posting from it.

Really hope everyone can move on from this recent shit. Love the normal banter, hate the recurrent spitefulness lately.

SCM wouldn't be SCM without the occasional hate and spitefulness.. Usually happens around the summer..

Lack of LFC football to talk about, I guess that together with the fact is @Rosco time of the month

This thread should be locked. Grown men bickering over football rumours?

Come on now.

@athensruairi

Sort out some delights in the Random Picture Thread so we can all bond over a nice arse and be friends again. Thanks!.

This thread should be locked. Grown men bickering over football rumours?

Come on now.

@athensruairi

Sort out some delights in the Random Picture Thread so we can all bond over a nice arse and be friends again. Thanks!.

You will have to settle for that gif I just posted, for now at least.

Ha ha - You really do despise them don't you. I'm sure you have your reasons but having lived right on their doorstep for many years they are an ok bunch really.

Couple of things.
1.I dont understand all this 'Its MADNESS to go to Arsenal' stuff. Arsenal won a trophy last year and led the league for most of the season. They will be there or there abouts next season and as a lot of us were saying 4 or 5 years back, once they pay off their stadium loan they will get all their ducks in a row quite quickly. Champions league every season for 16 years, trophy back in the cabinet, london, one of the most respected names in the game running the club, 60 thousand fans a week, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud, Ramsay, Cazorla etc to play alongside. Yeah fuck that why would ANY player want all that when they could come to a club who have one season in the top 4 in the last 5 years, who are selling their best player and have a manager who has yet to win anything.
Obviously I would rather he came to us, but its not like its baffling that he wouldnt.

2.Modo didnt bring up Lallana and the price but has been goaded about 4 or five times in the last few pages to bite, to his credit he has more than once said 'i dont want to bring it back up' but still even a page after he did that another poster brought it up in relation to him. Be careful haters, youre in danger of creating your own monsters.

Yeah, lovely Arsenal summed up nicely there with the name dropping of Ramsay, Ozil and Walcott. A great blend of injury ravaged shithouses.

Couple of things.
1.I dont understand all this 'Its MADNESS to go to Arsenal' stuff. Arsenal won a trophy last year and led the league for most of the season. They will be there or there abouts next season and as a lot of us were saying 4 or 5 years back, once they pay off their stadium loan they will get all their ducks in a row quite quickly. Champions league every season for 16 years, trophy back in the cabinet, london, one of the most respected names in the game running the club, 60 thousand fans a week, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud, Ramsay, Cazorla etc to play alongside.

Would you two like a moment alone?

Thats pretty pathetic Mark.
If I was Alexis Sanchez and I had the choice of either club (and wasnt blinkered by my love of Liverpool) id 100% go to Arsenal. A club that has been well run for decades and not 5 minutes.
We are where Arsenal were in about 2005. And whilst I trust our owners and manager to get it right players dont have the luxury of time and faith. They chose what they see as a sure thing.

I dont see what players injuries have to do with anything. Werent Sturridge, Allen, Coutinho, Agger etc out injured last season. Deary me.

Thats pretty pathetic Mark.
If I was Alexis Sanchez and I had the choice of either club (and wasnt blinkered by my love of Liverpool) id 100% go to Arsenal. A club that has been well run for decades and not 5 minutes.
We are where Arsenal were in about 2005. And whilst I trust our owners and manager to get it right players dont have the luxury of time and faith. They chose what they see as a sure thing.

I dont see what players injuries have to do with anything. Werent Sturridge, Allen, Coutinho, Agger etc out injured last season. Deary me.

It was a joke mate, you're the one intent on being a sanctimonious bellend. Go look at Modo's posts of late, he hasn't "dropped it" at all.

Ha. I think Arsenal is a cracking club. I dont support them, but I admire a lot of what they have done.
I do agree in regards to the club, they conduct themselves well, and focus on important principals. However the fans are just horrendous and make that hard to remember.

Whilst I agree with what you're saying to an extent, I think you're undervaluing the pull of our history and reputation and the season we've just had, and the general feeling that we're progressing and Arsenal are stagnant. Not saying that Sanchez should have come to us, I completely understand why he'd have gone to Arsenal (if you don't think about their fans), however I don't think its as clear cut as you imply, I think the pull is fairly even each way.

It was a joke mate, you're the one intent on being a sanctimonious bellend. Go look at Modo's posts of late, he hasn't "dropped it" at all.
Mate I tried to make a normal post about my thoughts and you just come up with a smart arse response. It wasnt funny.
And im not massively surprised to see now that your issue wasnt with the Arsenal bit it was with the Modo bit.

I dont see how im being sanctimonious at all. A bellend? Yeah obv.

In fact Mark, im not letting you off that easy.
Go back and imagine someone else posted what you did?
Look at my first post. Then your response. Then look at my response (talking about the point I was making) then your final remark.

Whos the cunt here?

mj-thriller-popcorn-o.gif

I agree with Oncy about the Arsenal bit though. I'm not that shocked he is picking Arsenal.

I don't agree with the Modo/Lallana/PriceTag bit. Whirly ran with that for about five pages. None of those posts were Modo related. It didn't make much sense for Oncy to bring up Modo there at all. There was no goading done at all. AMIRITE?

There is also an argument for any incoming player to look at the last 15 years or so, and realize that Liverpool don't always qualify for CL footy, but in that same period Arsenal have been in Europe every year ( I think I am right in that ). If Arsenal are not consistent in winning things, they are consistent in qualifying for the CL. That implies that even this so called stagnant club has the right make-cup to achieve this consistently despite not being able to pull off a sustained title challenge.

I agree with Oncy about the Arsenal bit though. I'm not that shocked he is picking Arsenal.

I don't agree with the Modo/Lallana/PriceTag bit. Whirly ran with that for about five pages. None of those posts were Modo related. It didn't make much sense for Oncy to bring up Modo there at all. There was no goading done at all. AMIRITE?
I just caught up on the last 5 pages and Modo was brought up about 4 times. And even after he said
'Im not bringing that up again' AND 'It doesnt matter now' both Mark and Ryan called him on it again.

Either ignore him or feed him, I dont care either way. I think Modo can be a cunt but brining things up that he has said in the past and then moaning when he defende them is proper mental.

In fact Mark, im not letting you off that easy.
Go back and imagine someone else posted what you did?
Look at my first post. Then your response. Then look at my response (talking about the point I was making) then your final remark.

Whos the cunt here?

I just don't get the constant going out on a limb to defend him. Like I said, people jump to his defense without bothering to have a look at the bigger picture and what he's posted elsewhere. I'm not that arsed but stop painting him to be this innocent victim when he clearly fishes for it all the time.

And yeah, if you want to know where the "sanctimonious" comment stems from, go back and read yours and a few others posts in the Suarez thread, taking the moral high ground over people. It's all a bit laughable mate, I might be being a cunt, but the Holier Than Thou attitude to some subjects is unnecessary really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom