• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Kenny (part 2)!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who we wanted as players and what was spent on them were entirely different things

I cant comtemplate any football manager not getting the final say on transfers.
Directors of Football/Scouts(or whatever they're bliming called these days) would obviously recommend players and have their say but ultimately it's the manager's decision who's coming in.

Not meaning to come across as a smug know-it-all but i'd have thought that'd be the way things work in football.

To be fair, buying Jordan Henderson and playing Jordan Henderson are two completely separate crimes.

Directors of Football/Scouts(or whatever they're bliming called these days) would obviously recommend players and have their say but ultimately it's the manager's decision who's coming in.

Not meaning to come across as a smug know-it-all but i'd have thought that'd be the way things work in football.

In England it has done yeah, but the way it works on the continent has traditionally been different.

You're not reading what I'm saying Gary. The players were Dalglish's choice as far as I can make out. The transfer fee negotiations were Conmollis responsibility which were excessive and many believe this is what led to his removal from the club. Nobody truly knows how things work though.

When Comolli was appointed, there were stories signings were to be agreed between the 3 parties and a majority decision. Don't know how true that is, but while we're getting all hooterific over shit we know fuck all about, why not?

Gary?

Why have you been acting a cunt all season ? It wasn't the question anyway it was the smart arse comment.

It was a genuine question and in relation to your question on "Who we wanted as players and what was spent on them were entirely different things".

Every post I make now is followed by abuse.

I should have followed what Fabio posted yesterday

It was a genuine question and in relation to your question on "Who we wanted as players and what was spent on them were entirely different things".

Now you got it.

You're not reading what I'm saying Gary. The players were Dalglish's choice as far as I can make out. The transfer fee negotiations were Conmollis responsibility which were excessive and many believe this is what led to his removal from the club. Nobody truly knows how things work though.

Im not arguing with that. I know Comolli did the negotiating. I'm just on about the players brought in, not necessarily the fees.

Anyway what's done is done. Lets see what the coming weeks and months bring. Think we could all do with a holiday.

NO, you should have followed what I posted yesterday.

This season:
Lowest league points total (52) since 1953/54 season (37)
Lowest total league goals scored (47) since 1970/71 season (42)
Lowest number of league wins (14) since 1953/54 season (9)
Lowest number of league home wins since 1948/49 season (5)
Lowest number of league home goals scored (24) in our entire history
Lowest number of league home points total (27) since 1948/49 season (25)
Lowest league goal difference (7) since 1993/94 (4)

kenny hasnt been good enough this season, should he get another chance? thats down to the owners, things need to change, it just depends wether they'd prefer evolution or revolution, from what i know of them they dont seem like the type to evolve, but erm, revolve. i wouldnt be bothered by either decision if im completely honest. its a shame he couldnt have done better

I understand why people want him out. To have it drilled into the forum every day by the same bunch is tiring. That being said, it can't be this bad again ... Dumbledore will celebrate next year.

I think Dalglish's 2nd reign has had a negative impact on my enjoyment of football. I always had an irrational belief that there was something magical about certain people, teams, times, whatever, but this mess has been like Dorothy pulling the curtains back on the Wizard.

I think its fair to say he couldnt really argue if they did give him the bullet.
They probably massively regret the hiring of him in the wave of euphoria last season. He isnt their type of manager at all and to this point he and they havnt worked.
Ive made it clear id like him to have another year but i wouldnt get all hissy fit if he is moved upstairs. Its hard to argue that he simply SHOULD NOT be removed emotion detached.

I guess we will know very soon.
If i was a betting man Id say he will be kept as manager.

I think Dalglish's 2nd reign has had a negative impact on my enjoyment of football. I always had an irrational belief that there was something magical about certain people, teams, times, whatever, but this mess has been like Dorothy pulling the curtains back on the Wizard.
Youre disgusting!!! She never did do that for the wizard you sick cunt.

This season:
Lowest league points total (52) since 1953/54 season (37)
Lowest total league goals scored (47) since 1970/71 season (42)
Lowest number of league wins (14) since 1953/54 season (9)
Lowest number of league home wins since 1948/49 season (5)
Lowest number of league home goals scored (24) in our entire history
Lowest number of league home points total (27) since 1948/49 season (25)
Lowest league goal difference (7) since 1993/94 (4)

wow, we were truly awful this year

Anyone else heard rumours Kenny is stepping down tomorrow? I got a text saying he is and theres a press conference tomorrow morning. EEK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom