• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check his history. I also explained it a couple of times. Can't be arsed anymore.
Ok, to be fair, I'm not too bothered about any of his shenanigans off the pitch (that I haven't heard of btw). But he was magnificent on the pitch, both in his individual brilliance and team play.

Not sure I’m comfortable losing out on Lavia as well. Chelsea seem to be going through with this signing.

There's no way Chelsea sign both with FFP issues. From all accounts they've been trying their best to make the maths work for the Caicedo deal alone.

If they sign Lavia it is because they can't find enough change down the back of the sofa.

If Chelsea could afford one, either or both they’d have sorted it by now. Lavia is obviously the easier to get done but the player would be mad to move there before Caicedo was sorted and going to us.

This just smacks of Chelsea wasting everyone’s time.

If they really do go through with one or both, who have they got left to sell to balance the books?

If Chelsea could afford one, either or both they’d have sorted it by now. Lavia is obviously the easier to get done but the player would be mad to move there before Caicedo was sorted and going to us.

This just smacks of Chelsea wasting everyone’s time.

If they really do go through with one or both, who have they got left to sell to balance the books?
If you read the link someone posted above - no one of any value! There's no way they can comply with FFP. So do they care? Are they willing to take the fine and /or points deduction and / or transfer ban, to get who they want now?

If you read the link someone posted above - no one of any value! There's no way they can comply with FFP. So do they care? Are they willing to take the fine and /or points deduction and / or transfer ban, to get who they want now?

Course they will. It won't be a point deduction, it'll be renegotiated to a fine and ultimately pointless

Acknowledging the fact that I am biased it does seem like Chelsea are dicking around.
Made their highest offer for Caicedo and then threw a hissy fit when it was beaten.
Agreed a deal for Tyler Adams then pulled the plug after the medical when it was clear that the purchase would probably prevent them from bidding the required fee for Caicedo.
Agreed a fee with Southampton above what they were looking for without ever making any contact with Lavia himself.
Lots of teams playing games I suppose, Liverpool Brighton Southampton but Chelsea seems to be the biggest mischief makers in all this

Lukaku, Ziyech and Hudson-wotsit are potential sales. Might balance the short term but, yeah, not £300M

Lukaku, Ziyech and Hudson-wotsit are potential sales. Might balance the short term but, yeah, not £300M

Just checked and Lukaku no bids at £40M asking price, Ziyech failed medical and Hudson-odio is going to Fulham for less than £8M

WOW they are fucked! I didn’t realise how thin they were in midfield either

Read the link above which lists all those possible and how they would affect FFP - if they make a loss on the sale it's a negative as far as FFP is concerned. The sale itself isn't that relevant it's how much they go for (and the salary saving). Ziyech & Lukaku for example would negatively affect them because they wouldn't get anything like they paid for them. Hudson-Odoi and Chalabah are likely the only two positive sales as far as FFP is concerned.

I'm paraphrasing the link as I have no idea !

Read the link above which lists all those possible and how they would affect FFP - if they make a loss on the sale it's a negative as far as FFP is concerned. The sale itself isn't that relevant it's how much they go for (and the salary saving). Ziyech & Lukaku for example would negatively affect them because they wouldn't get anything like they paid for them. Hudson-Odoi and Chalabah are likely the only two positive sales as far as FFP is concerned.

I'm paraphrasing the link as I have no idea !
Soz Froggy - went back a few pages but don’t see it. Can you repost?

This is a copy/paste from that link :

A relatively simple explanation because many have asked: Chelsea need something like £450m profit (could even be more) from 22/23 and 23/24 player trading to balance the allowable trading loss over the last 3 years (conservatively). I reckon they did around £100m player trading profit in 22/23 with around another £75m so far from Mount, Pulisic, PEA, Livermento sell on profit and Ampadu. Amortisation rises when you buy and does not fall if you sell a youth player for a pure profit. So Caciedo, Lavia and Olise will add not only, say, £35m of amortisation in 23/24 but also, say, £25m of wages. That’s more than the likely trading profit of selling Gallagher and Hudson Odoi although assume maybe £12.5m wage saving. But they needed that for the existing deficit before Caciedo etc. This leaves Chalabah and Broja as profit opportunities. Most of the rest are at best neutral in terms of profits - Ziyech could lose quite a lot, Kepa neutral, Cucurella has a book value so high he can’t be sold for profit, Sterling the same. So they are many £10s of millions short of break even under PL P&S in 23/24 even if they managed to just about comply in 22/23 (which I’m skeptical about too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom