• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Chelsea (Anfield South) - Sunday 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the likely inexperience of some of the players and Kelleher not exactly being the biggest of GK's, I would hope we can avoid pens. It seems pretty likely given the results in recent times. Basically we need to get it done in the ninety minutes please.
I would fancy Kelleher in goal (and scoring the winner) when it comes to penalties.

Does Chelsea get a European spot even if they lose the final?

Last edited:
So who's left from the last League cup final?

Starting 11:

62 Caoimhin Kelleher
66 Trent Alexander-Arnold
32 Joel Matip

4 Virgil van Dijk
26 Andy Robertson

3 Fabinho
8 Naby Keita
14 Jordan Henderson

11 Mohamed Salah
10 Sadio Mane
23 Luis Diaz

Substitutes:

1 Alisson
5 Ibrahima Konate
21 Kostas Tsimikas

7 James Milner
15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

67 Harvey Elliott
20 Diogo Jota

18 Takumi Minamino
27 Divock Origi

Missed out:

Thiago
Firmino
Curtis Jones

Chelsea:

Édouard Mendy
Thiago Silva
Antonio Rüdiger
Trevoh Chalobah
César Azpilicueta
Mateo Kovacic
N'Golo Kanté
Marcos Alonso
Christian Pulisic
Mason Mount
Kai Havertz

Substitutes:

Kepa Arrizabalaga
Reece James
Malang Sarr

Jorginho
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Saúl Ñíguez
Callum Hudson-Odoi
Romelu Lukaku
Timo Werner

I think Salah, Nunez and Szobo will be in the matchday squad. If Nunez is deemed to be fit, he will start.
However, does Salah start? I don't think he has 90 mins in him right now, the same goes for Szobo.
I think it's highly likely that we go with basically the same team that started the Luton game except for Quansah and Gomez.
Like I said, of the three injured players, the only one in contention to start imo is Nunez.

He didn't actually save any though, as far as I remember. I think every pen was scored until it came down to the keepers, he scored his one & then the Chelsea keeper skied his
Stop spoiling the rhetoric ! He would have saved them if they hadn't missed !

I’m upgrading my starting line up prediction to this: Darwin to start, Mo to be sub

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Macca
Gravy

Nunez
Gakpo
Diaz

That whole front three will rotate so not trying to suggest where they start.

This team even without Mo or Dom is much more experienced than anything Chelsea will put out.

I’d like to see Bradley against Chilwell.

I’ve always liked Queevin on pens, he’s very agile and gives me confidence he’ll get to a few. Great that he’s got a few shootouts under his belt too.

I’m upgrading my starting line up prediction to this: Darwin to start, Mo to be sub

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Macca
Gravy

Nunez
Gakpo
Diaz

That whole front three will rotate so not trying to suggest where they start.

This team even without Mo or Dom is much more experienced than anything Chelsea will put out.

I’d like to see Bradley against Chilwell.
Of Course Mo or Nunez should start if fit. It's a bit tough to leave out Elliott though. So the option would be in midfield with Macca LM (instead of Gravy) and Elliott RM. I'm torn on those two lineups.

Of Course Mo or Nunez should start if fit. It's a bit tough to leave out Elliott though. So the option would be in midfield with Macca LM (instead of Gravy) and Elliott RM. I'm torn on those two lineups.
Chelsea is a different animal. Harvey improved in the second half against Luton, but it was quite evident that they were getting tired.
Also, Klopp subbed Gravenberch and Macca which indicated that they'll probably be the ones starting.
I think Nunez will be ready for the game.

It’s a big pitch to be playing in midfield and covering ground if you lack a bit of pace.

I’d rather see Elliott come on at 60 with energy and impact against tired legs than get overrun in the first half.

Elliot ran himself to the ground. He’ll be knackered and so saving him for final 20 probably best plan.

Listening to the Echo podcast yesterday and they pointed out Liverpool rarely have a straightforward final, with us normally biting our nails until the final whistle.

Last one I remember was Sunderland in the FA Cup in the 90s (under Souness I think), before that (and before my active time) Newcastle in 1974.

Maybe we are due one this weekend

Listening to the Echo podcast yesterday and they pointed out Liverpool rarely have a straightforward final, with us normally biting our nails until the final whistle.

Last one I remember was Sunderland in the FA Cup in the 90s (under Souness I think), before that (and before my active time) Newcastle in 1974.

Maybe we are due one this weekend
In the domestic cup? Or in general?
I honestly think the CL final against Spurs was pretty straight forward. We were a lot better than them.

In the domestic cup? Or in general?
I honestly think the CL final against Spurs was pretty straight forward. We were a lot better than them.
I am not sure about that.
They were well in the game until Divock intervened late on

Yeah maybe, everyone says it was the most boring final ever though.
I think Spurs were hampered by Harry Kane not been fit and being mostly useless that day.
If he was fit and firing I think they would have caused us more problems

The odds on us winning changed significantly last night and not for the better, I don't think thats good news with regards to Nunez and Salah.

The odds on us winning changed significantly last night and not for the better, I don't think thats good news with regards to Nunez and Salah.
What happened last night? Gorst seems to think they'll both play :

Gorst team (4-3-3): Kelleher; Bradley, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson; Endo, Elliott, Mac Allister; Salah, Nunez, Diaz.

London Standard Predicted Chelsea XI (4-3-3): Petrovic; Gusto, Disasi, Colwill, Chilwell; Fernandez, Gallagher, Caicedo; Palmer, Jackson, Sterling
Doubt: Silva
Injuries: James, Cucurella, Fofana, Ugochukwu, Lavia, Badiashile, Chukwuemeka

Cup final day.

I have full belief in this bunch. I hope we start all guns blazing and don’t let Chelsea’s midfield get into the game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom