• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Darwin Nunez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on his goal compilation, he’s more like an anti-Carroll (apart from being good in the air). Watch this and tell me he’s not fast, predatory and has quick feet…

I don’t know why.. but I’m getting Jurgen Klinsman vibes from him.

That’s not a bad thing.

Exactly. His audition to join consisted of two champions league quarter finals, playing for an inferior side against one of the top 3 sides in Europe (with quite possibly Europes best back line and keeper).
His response? Score 2, put away his one on ones against our unbeatable keeper and generally unnerve our back line single handedly to the degree that the best CB in the world included him in his top 5 most difficult strikers he’d played against.
But he’s the next Carroll etc..,

To play devil’s advocate, Carroll was also unstoppable in one game against us…

Last edited:
Yeah, just checked out his highlights against us to check if I was misremembering, and no, he was an absolute pest, and completely rattled all our defenders over the two legs. He seemed to have Konate panicking in a way nobody else did all season. Most of his work comes from the flanks rather than through the middle, and the comparisons with people like Carroll and Benteke are frankly risible. His ability to get the shot away is really excellent, and he should really have had a peno against us, and might have bagged more than the two he got. The way he took those goals that were called for offside just looks predatory.

Did he ever look like he had the range of attributes of Nunez? It isn't about just having a good game against us, but what is it that the player has in the locker? Carroll, we knew, was there to be on the end of balls into the box, and mainly aerially, pretty much. Nunez appears to be a totally different kind of player, a complete modern forward, operating from both flanks, and scoring a wide variety of goals. There is absolutely no comparison to be made other than they both had good games against us.

So this will likely be announced on Monday now , right ?

That means I can adjust my cadence of refreshing twitter and this thread quite considerably for the next 48 hours , lovely.

So this will likely be announced on Monday now , right ?

That means I can adjust my cadence of refreshing twitter and this thread quite considerably for the next 48 hours , lovely.
He's missing the Uruguay game.. could be today. The pinned tweet has been removed from the official twitter account...

Something is imminent.

What I find most surprising about all of this is that horses enjoy chasing after balls. That's the type of behaviour that you normally associate with predators.

So he was. But in a completely different style / manner and displaying completely different attributes.

Watch the first minute of that YouTube goal compilation and take a look at the second goal. Then find, in Andy Carroll’s whole career, a similar goal.

What I find most surprising about all of this is that horses enjoy chasing after balls. That's the type of behaviour that you normally associate with predators.
Imagine a predator horse with a mouth full of sharp teeth. The stuff of nightmares!

explains paedo horse I suppose…

For some reason he reminds me of Zlatan. It's that capacity to do lots of things exceptionally well. Now we can only dream he turns out to be a total Zlatan, but I think he will add new dimensions to our play.

I was gonna say Zlatan too but the only stereotype he fits is his height.

Zlatan is a lot more of a baller plus he’s got bags of swag.

Im toying with the idea of a raw Torres instead. He’s got shades of Torres in the way he runs on the shoulders of the defense. Like Torres’ debut goal against Chelsea.

Ok I went and watched his goals reel. He's nothing like Carroll. Both feet, good with the ball in tight areas under pressure. Still not a typical klopp signing, but I suppose you could get really broad with what klopp wants and boil it down to is he really fucking fast and can he score loads of goals? Seems the answer is yes.

He can carry the ball and is direct , something really only Diaz did last season, with mane and Salah often being too high up the pitch or central to do so.

Any side losing Mane should be weakened , he's world class , I'm not entirely convinced we will be weakened overall , which is a bit of a mad concept

Yeh rumour has it he’s missing the Uruguay game this eve to fly here (could well be on his way)

a flight from Montevideo, ..takes 14 hours 12 mins on average. :)

not long now ;)

People aren’t actually comparing him to Andylocks as a footballer are they? I thought it was just a record fee, replacing a big player deja vu / bad feeling thing.

People aren’t actually comparing him to Andylocks as a footballer are they? I thought it was just a record fee, replacing a big player deja vu / bad feeling thing.

No. It’s because he’s tall, big and has long hair. We haven’t had those for awhile now. Also it’s clear that many have barely just come out of recovery from the trauma of pre-Klopp years, so you can empathise with those who have been triggered by someone like Nunez.

The name. And the long hair. Brings back lots of traumatic memories for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These people comparing him with Carroll – did they actually watch him against us? His pace was an absolute weapon against us, and he sprung our off side trap a few times. His skill in tight positions was amazing. This is like when we signed Salah and we had all the Egyptian Pennant brigade.

I agree. But the stupidest thing about it is that if Carroll had had pace and a good attitude, he'd have been a brilliant striker anyway.

I was sceptical about Nunez before we played them, but I just thought he was brilliant, and I've wanted him ever since. He was a constant problem for our defence with his presence and pace in behind, and looked like a brilliant finisher.

No player is perfect, really. Mane always had a shit touch himself. So did someone like Drogba. But when you've got a powerful target man of a striker, who's also fast, and scores loads of goals, and is only 22, then you're definitely looking at an unusually well-rounded player. A bit of a poor touch is the least you might expect as a trade off for all those qualities.

Easy – the most impressive characteristic that Darwin has is his speed and his physicality.
Couple that with his resilience and a never-quit attitude and you have a player with an extremely high work rate.
He will give his all for his team – which should work well with Klopp’s ethos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom