• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He’ll Slot right in

he's only managed in a farmers league- Brendan managed PL
he's got no charisma- Brendan had charisma- yes, in a kind of creepy nightclub owner way, but still
he's bald- Brendan has a full head of hair
he's just gonna be like Ten Hag- Brendan wasn't just like Ten Haag
he's Dutch- Brendan isn't Dutch

just a start but i'm guessing it'll go like this
None of that would make him like Rodgers though. I'd be very disappointed if that is what he serves up.

I kind of get where Carragher is coming from - he said the same on this weeks “Stick to Football” podcast (which I think is great by the way).

It’s the managers that get the statues outside the club - and when we win it’s them who get lauded - it seems to be a Liverpool thing - and the Liverpool manager is expected to almost lead the community rather than just coach the team.

Even In the modern era, Houllier had lived in the city long before he got into football, Bentitez very much immersed himself in the city, Klopp got it too - Brodgers was too far up his own arse and the senile old c**t Hodge-Podge probably didn’t know where he was.

So, I get wanting the next manager to be like that, rather than just a coach.

What I don’t get - is writing off Slot without having any idea of what he’s likely to say - on account of him being Dutch.

Where I think Carragher is all over the place is that, while Tuchel is a good manager he’s also not that charismatic person to lead a community… unless it’s the community that wants to eradicate smurfs, or possibly a Michael Stipe tribute act or if we want someone that looks like he runs a paedo ring.

Tuchel is also a dick - he falls out with every team and either fucks off or is fucked off in a few years - he’s like a modern Mourinho - he’ll turn up, be successful, fall out with everyone and everything turns to shit.

Tuchel will be managing Man Utd next season - that’s a good appointment for them, but also they’ll be back to square one in 2 seasons.

Besides… no smurfs in be Manchester the Gargamel-looking-twat.
This isn’t aimed at you, but to any of the elder statesmen on the forum. Sir Bob had the personality of worm didn’t he? I’m not sure how he sold himself to the city other than winning lots of shit.

I kind of get where Carragher is coming from - he said the same on this weeks “Stick to Football” podcast (which I think is great by the way).

It’s the managers that get the statues outside the club - and when we win it’s them who get lauded - it seems to be a Liverpool thing - and the Liverpool manager is expected to almost lead the community rather than just coach the team.

Even In the modern era, Houllier had lived in the city long before he got into football, Bentitez very much immersed himself in the city, Klopp got it too - Brodgers was too far up his own arse and the senile old c**t Hodge-Podge probably didn’t know where he was.

So, I get wanting the next manager to be like that, rather than just a coach.

What I don’t get - is writing off Slot without having any idea of what he’s likely to say - on account of him being Dutch.

Where I think Carragher is all over the place is that, while Tuchel is a good manager he’s also not that charismatic person to lead a community… unless it’s the community that wants to eradicate smurfs, or possibly a Michael Stipe tribute act or if we want someone that looks like he runs a paedo ring.

Tuchel is also a dick - he falls out with every team and either fucks off or is fucked off in a few years - he’s like a modern Mourinho - he’ll turn up, be successful, fall out with everyone and everything turns to shit.

Tuchel will be managing Man Utd next season - that’s a good appointment for them, but also they’ll be back to square one in 2 seasons.

Besides… no smurfs in be Manchester the Gargamel-looking-twat.
Tuchel is an idiot who seems to fuck up and cause issues at every club he goes to, Dortmund, PSG, Chelsea and now Bayern - the man's got an ego problem. Does well the first season then goes on some mad mushroom mixture and causes issues and falls out with the board/owners/sporting director etc.

Carra's seriously lost the plot advocating for that numbnuts, I'd have expected better from Carra but he's clearly gone Gabby Agbonlahor here.

This isn’t aimed at you, but to any of the elder statesmen on the forum. Sir Bob had the personality of worm didn’t he? I’m not sure how he sold himself to the city other than winning lots of shit.
He was instantly loved because he was an integral part of the Boot Room - which automatically granted you the Key to the City.

And yes, he won lots of shit. Per annum he won double that of that over-lauded fraud down the other end of the M62.

For me THE best manager ever (or maybe Kenny).

Last edited:
I know he was well respected but he wasn’t a shanks, King or Klopp. Yet we won loads of stuff. The whole being a man of the city is way overrated.

Feel like I'm being forced into an arranged marriage with Donald Trump.

Well, it won't last long.

Also, the most recent iteration doesn't seem like a bad deal. She seems to spend about 5 minutes with him on average a month, she openly hates him, they definitely don't fuck. I mean, there's the whole dignity thing I guess, but life already fucked that pride right out of me.

yeah, let's bash him now and get the doom-like prophecies in now before he's even through the door.

Same as what Carragher is saying in the Torygraph. I don’t want some enigmatic leader who just happens to say the right thing. I want to win by people doing their talking on the pitch.

Carragher can also fuck off with that Tuchel shit. He’s finished second in a one team league.

When did Carra become the voice of reason though? There are so many fans making their minds up about Slutty even before they get to know him.
The Feyenoord fans seem devastated, the players love him and his manager colleagues are full of respect.
Thats a good sign.
All in all you just have to trust Edwards and see where it goes, and give Slutty a chance. Just like a Saturday night in Popworld.

No hate for signing Rafa who was fat and bald. But hate for this guy because he’s fat, bald and Dutch?

None of that would make him like Rodgers though. I'd be very disappointed if that is what he serves up.

There is nothing in any interviews I've seen that reminds me of Brodge in all honesty. If he was like Brodge he would have been in Turkey by now getting new teeth and a full set of hair.

Back
Top Bottom