• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - just a smokescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

superchimp

Active
Liverpool are pushing ahead with plans to make Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan their major summer signing.
The 24-year-old is understood to have a £20m release clause in his contract with Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk.
Liverpool have indicated they are willing to meet that figure.
Anfield officials are aware there may be competition for Mkhitaryan, who scored 25 league goals for Shakhtar last season, but are optimistic he can be persuaded to move to Liverpool.
Manager Brendan Rodgers sees Mkhitaryan, who has also been linked with Juventus and Borussia Dortmund, as a key element of his plans to add extra firepower to his side next season.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22937049

No idea how good this lad is but youtube suggests he could be that goalscoring midfielder that we need so badly.

Some great finishes in that collection.

Would he be good in a pass and move midfield, i.e. can he add value even if you take away the goals?

He provided 10 assists in the previous season too. Also mentioned here that he begin his career at Shakhtar as a holding midfielder.

Neil Jones just a minute ago at the Echo:

The info we have is that Mkhitaryan is more likely to be a replacement for Suarez, rather than a supplement. Liverpool see the Armenian is an "ambitious" target, and know that they will face quite a fight to get him. I think a team with both Suarez and Mkhitaryan would be very interesting, but I have doubts whether it will actually happen.

The info I have is that Eriksen has never really been a genuine possibility. Indeed, as I speak I am hearing he is set to move to Borussia Dortmund. As for who is the better player; from the limited times I have seen them, I have been more impressed by Eriksen. Just a personal call, that one.

So the chances are then a lot of our transfer business is on hold until we get rid of Suarez

His touch on the ball looks nothing like a 20 million pound player's. I remain very unconvinced about this.

I'll cry a river if we spunk 20 million on the wrong player again.

About 20 of those 25 goals were scored against terrible defending. It so easy for Shaktar that the players don't bother celebrating when they score. £20m on a player who scores goals in shit league is a big risk. I hope I'm wrong but I'm certainly not convinced.

Im not sold on him. When he's not scoring he doesn't seem to offer much. Seems scared to tackle as well.

Not that I'm wishing for it, but for a deal of this stature (in terms of transfer figure involved - which you would expect to be on a quality player), its rather silent on the front of competitors. Might be because they have other needs though.

Im not sold on him. When he's not scoring he doesn't seem to offer much. Seems scared to tackle as well.

PAAHAHAHAHAHA.
When he isnt scoring 25 goals a season from midfield what the fuck else is he doing.

Honest to fuck I think if we were linked with Messi on here some would be like 'Not sold on him to be honest!'

Liverpool fans are mental.

If anything, it is the Dutch league which has dodgy strikers managing to score goals for fun. Eriksen is no more prolific than his namesake Titus despite playing for Ajax in a free-for-all as many goals as you like season. From the outside, the Ukrainian league seems a bit more scary and intimidating, you don't see that many people scoring 25 goals a season in it much less a midfielder.

PAAHAHAHAHAHA.
When he isnt scoring 25 goals a season from midfield what the fuck else is he doing.

Honest to fuck I think if we were linked with Messi on here some would be like 'Not sold on him to be honest!'

It won't be so easy to score that many goals in the premiership, we'll be lucky if he gets half that. So when he goes through this goal drought we need him to bring more to the team than just that otherwise we're just carrying him. If you're gonna play in midfield you need to offer more than just goals alone.

He's a nobody until he joins. Then he's a brilliant player.
He's a cunt if he chooses someone else over us though, unless he turns out to be shit, then it it will be great that we failed to sign him.
He will be a star (for two years before he fucks off somewhere better) or he will be a 10 year stalwart in team that might finish 4th once.
All in all I couldn't give a toss whether we sign him or not.

I hope we sign him but I was a bit bemused some papers were saying he's viewed as a 'marquee signing'. Maybe price-wise he is but hardly in terms of stature.

PAAHAHAHAHAHA.

Messi is poor in the air though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom