• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - just a smokescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
A former player going on 32 who would want massive wages to come back, yeah just what we need.

Our priorities are a top class centre back a midfielder who can add 15 goals or a physical presence to shield the back 4. Alonso is none of those things.

The money would be better spent else where unless he is coming on a free and taking a big wage cut

Not quite the full picture tho is it.... Alonso is the quintessential playmaker superb vision and passing, not the qualities that would necessarily deteriorate with age. That and the fact that he would suit our style perfectly and is one of the very best midfielders in the world.

Or of course another way of looking at it is gambling 20M on an up and comer who might be good vs 10M on a player you know will be class for a good few years yet.....

10M and high wages or not id be fucking delighted to get him back, weve missed him.

Bar a handful of a players, can't we only ever really count on 2 to 4 years at the club before they leave or retire or don't fit the system etc? If Alonso can deliver that much then I'm all for it.

Meanwhile, Thiago Alcantara is very likely to join the scums for 17Mil.

Paulinho 17M (no bids/interest from us)
Thiago 17M (no bids/interest from us)
Henrikh 25M (we want to bid, but our money's not good enough for them)

Aren't we just shit in transfers & negotiations or what ?

Yeah we're fucking rubbish. If only footie transfers were just Championship Manager. Life would be so much easier.

To be confirmed tomorrow as a Dortmund signing according to the German Press..

As this has now become an Alonso thread.. I'm getting tempted to lock it down...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/f...ts-pic-on-instagram-confirming-dortmund-move/

Liverpool fans (and presumably their coaching staff) had appeared to give up hope of signing Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan on Friday.
Widespread reports in Germany confirmed that Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund had beaten Liverpool to the signing of Mkhitaryan.
The goal scoring midfielder from Shakhtar is now set for a medical at Borussia Dortmund today and Liverpool have reportedly targeted other midfielders, such as Jorginho from Verona.
On Sunday night, a friend of Henrikh Mkhitaryan posted a picture on Instagram with a good luck message to the Armenian in Germany.
BOmckOlCcAAQCgn.jpg

Amazing how many of our fans can't grasp the concept that we are not a top team to join. We never challenge for the title and are not in Europe. We may still have some pull as Liverpool (i.e, Saurez wanting to play for us) but Alcantara or whoever are never going to want to listen to us when that lot up the East Lancs Road are after him. We have to box clever, get up there by being smart and stay there by then adding the kind of players who will join us AFTER we're challenging and in Europe.
Or we could just chuck bids at people who we know have no interest in joining us and look like Everton or Newcastle.
I hate the transfer window. And red top scum journalists.

Can we please lock this thread? A shite transfer saga that didnt work out in our favour.
On to the next target please

Thread Locked.. I think we are done with this now...

Move along nothing to see here...

I will only re-open if by some miracle we actually sign him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom