• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, they need to sign two centre backs. Shouldn't have come into this season with such thin options, and we definitely shouldn't have let it get this far into January without sorting it out. Complete madness.

We come into the season with 3 center backs- and Fabinho as cover. A little risky, but Virgil never gets injured, right? Whatever your opinion of the strategy, losing all your center defenders to serious injury in the same season is unbelievable.

We come into the season with 3 center backs- and Fabinho as cover. A little risky, but Virgil never gets injured, right? Whatever your opinion of the strategy, losing all your center defenders to serious injury in the same season is unbelievable.

VvD is the only one thats in any way surprising as the other two are frequently injured for long periods. So if the plan was to get through the season with 1 CB then its not very well thought through

If on the other hand you get to January with no fit centre backs and you still arent bothered about signing one it kind of undermines any excuses about bad luck.

Who was that guy from Wolves we brought?
He was decent for a few games..

Is he gonna play ever again?

Liverpool could face nightmare scenario over Brazilian stars due to travel restrictions
Samuel Meade 1 day ago

JURGEN KLOPP REVEALS LIVERPOOL TEAM MEETINGS AMID POOR FORM

Elite football has been allowed to continue amid the national lockdown, but they must abide by certain protocols.
Reds goalkeeper Alisson as well as team-mates Fabinho and Roberto Firmino are regulars for Brazil.
National coach Tite is expected to call on them for a World Cup qualifying game with Argentina on March 30.
But that could affect their availability for Liverpool with the UK Government announcing that residents now returning from Covid-19 hotspots - such as South America, Portugal and South Africa - will now need to undergo a 10-day hotel quarantine upon their arrival.
BB1cZxqt.img
© Pool via REUTERS Jurgen Klopp could be without Alisson
That presents a number of issues for Liverpool heading into the March internationals.
By that point in the season the Reds could be in the midst of a Premier League title race and still have Champions League ambitions.
Jurgen Klopp will no doubt be alarmed by the personnel he could be without.
Alisson has been unrivalled as the club's No 1 with Adrian and Caoimhín Kelleher both sharing the role as his back-up.
The former has made several high profile errors which have cost his side and saw Klopp turn to the young Irishman recently.
BB1bfZWy.img
© Getty Images Fabinho may also be forced to quarantine
Fabinho's absence could also be a crushing blow with the midfielder slotting in impressively at the back.
He has been a stalwart in the absence of Liverpool's injured defenders and could leave Klopp even more short at the back.
Firmino's absence could be manageable with Diogo Jota expected back by that point, but his creativity may still be a miss.
Liverpool are set to face Arsenal and Aston Villa in early March while they could also have a European tie.

Only Keita is dead.
Pretty sure there is a rule that only one squad player can be dead at any one time. Keita was fortunate a slot opened up for him when Thiago miraculously resurrected. Matip is in a holding position - like on life support waiting for someone to flip the switch.

And Matip..

What you see on the pitch is merely a hologram..

Problem is the software, hardware running it keeps malfunctioning

Now I get why you have so little time for us - developing holograms that actually look and play football like football players!

But are you a top, top defender?
I have played 1 game on a full sized pitch. I played as centre back. Bear in mind that this was at the top, top level*.

Think we conceded 8 but I scored a screamer into the top right corner. This is very useful information for my recommended approach of going at things Kevin Keegan style until VVD is back.

*Hilton Belfast Conference and Banquet team Vs The rest of the hotel.*

I have played 1 game on a full sized pitch. I played as centre back. Bear in mind that this was at the top, top level*.

Think we conceded 8 but I scored a screamer into the top right corner. This is very useful information for my recommended approach of going at things Kevin Keegan style until VVD is back.

*Hilton Belfast Conference and Banquet team Vs The rest of the hotel.*
Yeah but you don't need to go into the other half of the field (except for corners and only if you are 6' 4" or taller) so a half size pitch experience is just fine.

Jürgen Klopp revealed Fabinho will be targeting a return against Manchester City next weekend after sustaining a minor fitness issue.

The Brazilian missed the midweek win at Tottenham Hotspur, has been ruled out of Sunday’s trip to West Ham United and is unlikely to return in time for Wednesday’s visit of Brighton & Hove Albion.
“Minor issues nowadays are at least three games,” said Klopp during his pre-West Ham media previews. “It depends on the week – it could be four games as well. We have to see. “I think the game where Fab could be back is City.”

The Reds boss was also asked for an update on midfielder Naby Keita, who has not featured since the 7-0 victory at Crystal Palace on December 19.
“Naby is closer but not close enough,” said Klopp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom