• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Luton (H) - Wed 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they don’t. The team we put out needs to win. It doesn’t mean we put out players who are tired or have an increased risk of injury.

Could say that when suggesting playing the U18s.

I think you are actually advocating taking a risk that we can win without some key players. This is obviously a fine stance, just not the one you wrote.

I'd keep Robbo at RB. Gomez needs a rest far more than Robbo. Otherwise that team should get it done.
Macca might start in the DM position with Elliott and Gravy along side him in midfield.
Macca then gets subbed for Endo in the second half.

Do we not think McConnell could do a job for 60 minutes?

I know we're much better with him, I'd be tempted to start gakpo over Nunez (I know), only to try and limit his minutes a bit. If he felt something against Brentford, I'd really rather not aggrevate it

Do we not think McConnell could do a job for 60 minutes?

I know we're much better with him, I'd be tempted to start gakpo over Nunez (I know), only to try and limit his minutes a bit. If he felt something against Brentford, I'd really rather not aggrevate it
He started one game this season against Norwich. I'm not sure who the other two should be, but a McConnell, Gravy, Elliott midfield would be a big no-no from me.

He started one game this season against Norwich. I'm not sure who the other two should be, but a McConnell, Gravy, Elliott midfield would be a big no-no from me.

Yeah I agree that trio is too weak, but I just feel some players must need a rest. I worry for Macca, as he's gone from consistent 6 to plugging the injury gaps in our midfield. He can do it, I just worry about more injuries.

It'll no doubt be endo, Macca, gravy midfield, with a cheeky Harvey sub early second half.

Hopefully szob is fit, and maybe get a few minutes before the final

-----Diaz----Gakpo----Elliott
----Grav-----Endo-----Mac Allister
Gomez--VVD---Quansah---Bradley
------------------Kelleher

We are approaching the end game now when there's simply not many chances to rotate. We are also suffering a big number of injuries and have some key players who need their minutes managed, and a cup final a few days later. I'm sure Klopp will look to rotate here and then use the bench if and when needed.

It's not ideal but nobody has let us down to date. I would not be shocked if Klopp included another kid either in CM and RW. Pretty sure Elliott, Bradley and Quansah are already nailed on.

Luton’s midfield is not their problem area, especially with Lockwood out. We can’t rest Endo or Mac I’m afraid

Luton’s midfield is not their problem area, especially with Lockwood out. We can’t rest Endo or Mac I’m afraid

Last time we played them, the stats pre game saud they’d conceded 95% of their goals down their left hand side. We then inverted Trent and ignored their very glaring weakness.

Not sure what their weaknesses are now but i think we can safely assume we won’t try to exploit them if we didn’t last time 😂

Question is, which is the more important game? Start our fittest available 11 without risking anyone not quite fit like Darwin.
Feels like it's this one and we have to hope we have players are ok for LC Final.

Question is, which is the more important game? Start our fittest available 11 without risking anyone not quite fit like Darwin.
Feels like it's this one and we have to hope we have players are ok for LC Final.
Given we're leading the race for the title, Luton. If we were in Villa or Utd's position then the final would be.

We can put line ups out for both to win and make enough changes to not overplay anyone.

Put out best team to beat Luton then work out how to best look after players across League Cup & FA Cup

Given we're leading the race for the title, Luton. If we were in Villa or Utd's position then the final would be.

We can put line ups out for both to win and make enough changes to not overplay anyone.
Seems like some people are not giving Chelsea enough credit - that draw at City should have been enough to waken us the fuck up - the LC final is a match that we could lose if we have a weakened team or are not at the races.

Seems like some people are not giving Chelsea enough credit - that draw at City should have been enough to waken us the fuck up - the LC final is a match that we could lose if we have a weakened team or are not at the races.
Nothing to do with Chelsea, we could be playing Wimbledon or City in the final I'd still think the same. Chelsea are wack anyway, they drew 4-4 to City last time out as well and since then they've not progressed 1 bit.

Any game is 1 you could lose if you're not at your best, again nothing to do with Chelsea.

I'm not worried at all about the final. I was even more confident before Jota died.

Luton just had 20 shots against Utd and more poesssion. I know it’s Utd but still.

Luton just had 20 shots against Utd and more poesssion. I know it’s Utd but still.
Not many troubled them mind, they also conceded 20 shots....Utd could've stuck another 3 or 4 past them with the chances they had on the break.

They also didn’t stop running and were in the game with a chance until the final whistle - perfect for a sub-par away performance midweek…

Going by the players that are coming back from injury and possibly out with a few small issues:

Kelleher
Bradley Quansah Virgil Gomez
Macca Endo Gravy
Elliott Gakpo Diaz

Lets hope Diaz and Salah can come off the bench in this one and still be ready for the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom