• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man City (H) - Sun 15:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Dijk beaten just once at Anfield in the league
Rodri unbeaten in the last 60 in the league

Something might give on Sunday, we need an electric atmosphere.

Michael Oliver ref for whoever asked earlier.

Gomez against Foden would be ideal, but Robbo might really step up for such a huge game. I think yesterday he was managing his output.

I actually really fancy us at set pieces now too.
By managing his output you mean by misplacing passes all over the place? Robbo needs to get his form back but this isn't the match to gamble on him. I'd deffo start Gomez at LB.

It'll be a draw now.

If nothing happens to Mo Darwin or Virg between now and kick off, we have a big chance. Virg can handle Haaland, he's shit. Can Ake and Stones handle Nunez and Mo? Nah.

A win would be HUGE but immediately after you'd probably have that feeling where every game is must win still.

If nothing happens to Mo Darwin or Virg between now and kick off, we have a big chance. Virg can handle Haaland, he's shit. Can Ake and Stones handle Nunez and Mo? Nah.

A win would be HUGE but immediately after you'd probably have that feeling where every game is must win still.
Every game absolutely is must win until city and arsenal both drop points

Weird timing for Trent to give them anyone motivation.

Queue Silva scoring at the Kop end and revealing a t shirt that says ‘this means more’.

Klopp:

"Joe Gomez is fine. Ibou [Ibrahima Konate] I don't know," said Klopp. "He was rather positive last night. He made the decision [to come off] in the right moment, but I don't know if it means a lot - I don't have the results of it yet.

"All the others are fine."

Weird timing for Trent to give them anyone motivation.

Queue Silva scoring at the Kop end and revealing a t shirt that says ‘this means more’.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the comment and its timing tbh. City don't need motivation but it will definitely be a narrative if we lose.

So…. A draw then.

A loss and it's game over for us. City are fucking relentless at the stage of the season and we've learned that repeatedly over the last few years.

A draw and it's a similar issue. Arsenal won't drop points and they'll take the psychological lead. You'd think they would have learned from last year but who knows. We'd have to pray for city to beat them (which tbf you'd fancy), but i'd rather not find ourselves relying on others

We. Must. Not. Drop. Points

A loss and it's game over for us. City are fucking relentless at the stage of the season and we've learned that repeatedly over the last few years.

A draw and it's a similar issue. Arsenal won't drop points and they'll take the psychological lead. You'd think they would have learned from last year but who knows. We'd have to pray for city to beat them (which tbf you'd fancy), but i'd rather not find ourselves relying on others

We. Must. Not. Drop. Points

Don’t think we will be relying on others if we draw, the Arse will be ahead of us on goal difference only. Reducing a 6 goal difference isn’t impossible

Don’t think we will be relying on others if we draw, the Arse will be ahead of us on goal difference only. Reducing a 6 goal difference isn’t impossible
Whilst not impossible, it's still a barrier to overcome, and they're in fine goal scoring form with another easy fixture this weekend. I'd rather not find ourselves in a panic mode "crystanbul" scenario

Can’t disagree with that but we were flying (or cooking) too before the injuries hit us.

Can’t disagree with that but we were flying (or cooking) too before the injuries hit us.

We were but we weren't routinely blowing teams away like arsenal have been. Or rather, we weren't as clinical as arsenal were.

Every game absolutely is must win until city and arsenal both drop points
I agree in general, that winning this game is the best thing for our league chances.
But draw is still a good result because it means we will be still ahead of City. Arsenal won't be able to keep up throughout till then end of the season. Arsenal are most likely to straightaway drop points at Etihad.

In general it means it will be still in our hands even if we draw against City. City will be more desperate to win to get ahead of Liverpool in thr table, hopefully our players don't mess it up psychologically by being too desperate to win this game.

I just can't agree over a draw being a good result. Psychologically it does more for arsenal than either us or city. Momentum is lost and doubts creep in.

A win means we stay top, motivates city against arsenal, and then we have a buffer against both.

Arsenal have the toughest run in - they drop points in at least 3 games. I don't think we need to beat City - a draw could be enough because City aren't THAT team any more and they'll drop more points this month.

But we'll no doubt drop points elsewhere swell, thats my point. This is the game we NEED the 3, as we struggle against spurs, and we may struggle away to united if they play the low block. All teams have games they'll drop points in, and it's the head to heads where the league will probably be won and lost

But we'll no doubt drop points elsewhere swell, thats my point. This is the game we NEED the 3, as we struggle against spurs, and we may struggle away to united if they play the low block. All teams have games they'll drop points in, and it's the head to heads where the league will probably be won and lost
City haven't beaten another Top 5 this season. It's tough but not losing could be key. Not losing means we are still well in it. A loss would feel like game, set and match. A win and we're odds on - especially if City beat/draw with Arsenal ... and we still have more of our players to return.

Looking at the fixtures, IMO, there are 6 that could trouble Arsenal, 3 trouble City and 3 for us (inc. United away, not Everton who are truly crap and getting worse).

I've bolded/italicised the games i feel will be problematic for each team

As shit as Everton may be, it's still everton. Whats stopping them low block and kicking shit out of us, causing us injuries? They're more than capable of causing us issues.

Villa away, who may still be chasing top 4, is definitely a tricky game
United and spurs speak for themselves.
Liverpool's remaining 2023/24 Premier League Fixtures
DateOpponentCurrent positionHome or away
10/3/24Manchester City2ndH
TBCEverton16thA
31/3/24Brighton9thH
3/4/24Sheffield United20thH
6/4/24Manchester United6thA
13/4/24Crystal Palace14thH
20/4/24Fulham12thA
27/4/24West Ham United7thA
4/5/24Tottenham5thH
11/5/24Aston Villa4thA
19/5/24Wolves10thH

Chelsea are fucking shite, so i don't expect them to put much of a struggle at the emirates. They may, but i doubt it. Spurs and united definitely would cause issues. Home against villa i don't expect them to struggle. The everton game is entirely dependant if everton are safe fro mthe drop. If they're safe, it'll be a pathetic showing. If they need something, who knows

Arsenal's remaining 2023/24 Premier League Fixtures
9/3/24Brentford15thH
TBCChelsea11thH
30/3/24Manchester City2ndA
2/4/24Luton Town18thH
6/4/24Brighton9thA
13/4/24Aston Villa4thH
20/4/24Wolves10thA
27/4/24Tottenham5thA
4/5/24Bournemouth13thH
11/5/24Manchester United6thA
19/5/24Everton16thH

Nigh on every game there is piss easy. The difficult teams they're at home to (hence me not including villa). Bright seem to have fallen off and every other team there is fucking shite.
Manchester City's remaining 2023/24 Premier League Fixtures
DateOpponentPosition in tableHome or away
10/3/24Liverpool1stA
TBCBrighton9thA
30/3/24Arsenal3rdH
3/4/24Aston Villa4thH
6/4/24Crystal Palace14thA
13/4/24Luton Town18thH
20/4/24Tottenham5thA
27/4/24Nottingham Forest17thA
4/5/24Wolves10thH
11/5/24Fulham12thA
19/5/24West Ham United7thH

As I said, in general I agree that winning will put us on a very good way to cement our position even stronger in the title race.
I would just avoid the desperation getting converted into frustration among fans in stadium tomorrow and then rubbing it off on players.
Crystal palace game away under Rodgers comes to my mind, I think we had a wrong mentality for that game.
Frogfish made very good points in my opinion.

Credit to you for putting together that post with tables and it proves winning is the best thing but on the other side not losing is even more important. I just think City will be more desperate than us and we have to use that for our advantage, this might again result into a late Braddders goal to win the game who knows.

Last edited:
I've bolded/italicised the games i feel will be problematic for each team

As shit as Everton may be, it's still everton. Whats stopping them low block and kicking shit out of us, causing us injuries? They're more than capable of causing us issues.

Villa away, who may still be chasing top 4, is definitely a tricky game
United and spurs speak for themselves.
Liverpool's remaining 2023/24 Premier League Fixtures
10/3/24Manchester City2ndH
TBCEverton16thA
31/3/24Brighton9thH
3/4/24Sheffield United20thH
6/4/24Manchester United6thA
13/4/24Crystal Palace14thH
20/4/24Fulham12thA
27/4/24West Ham United7thA
4/5/24Tottenham5thH
11/5/24Aston Villa4thA
19/5/24Wolves10thH

Chelsea are fucking shite, so i don't expect them to put much of a struggle at the emirates. They may, but i doubt it. Spurs and united definitely would cause issues. Home against villa i don't expect them to struggle. The everton game is entirely dependant if everton are safe fro mthe drop. If they're safe, it'll be a pathetic showing. If they need something, who knows

Arsenal's remaining 2023/24 Premier League Fixtures
9/3/24Brentford15thH
TBCChelsea11thH
30/3/24Manchester City2ndA
2/4/24Luton Town18thH
6/4/24Brighton9thA
13/4/24Aston Villa4thH
20/4/24Wolves10thA
27/4/24Tottenham5thA
4/5/24Bournemouth13thH
11/5/24Manchester United6thA
19/5/24Everton16thH

Nigh on every game there is piss easy. The difficult teams they're at home to (hence me not including villa). Bright seem to have fallen off and every other team there is fucking shite.
Manchester City's remaining 2023/24 Premier League Fixtures
DateOpponentPosition in tableHome or away
10/3/24Liverpool1stA
TBCBrighton9thA
30/3/24Arsenal3rdH
3/4/24Aston Villa4thH
6/4/24Crystal Palace14thA
13/4/24Luton Town18thH
20/4/24Tottenham5thA
27/4/24Nottingham Forest17thA
4/5/24Wolves10thH
11/5/24Fulham12thA
19/5/24West Ham United7thH
Hmm I think you're talking up how difficult our matches are and downplaying City's. Or maybe that's me ! Though just listening to Tommo he agrees and thinks we have the easiest run in.

Everton are 16th for a reason (add 3 pts and they are still adrift in 14th) and their 3-4-7 is the 16th worst home record in the league.
United (7-1-5) is another that we should win no matter how much they hate us ! But that is one of the 3 matches I've marked down as tough for us. otherwise I struggle to see matches we won't be strong favourites in - except away at Villa (but let's see where they are then because they've wavered of late).

Spurs at Anfield (best home record vs 6th best away) is not Spurs at WHL (10-0-4) vs City (9-1-3), that's a much tougher game for City. Who also have some tricky fixtures they should win but with the CL as well may be more difficult than on paper (A- Brighton, H - Villa, A - Wolves) but yeah I've just got them down for 3 tough matches.

Arsenal have by far the toughest run-in IMO : Chelsea (local derby - who knows which Chelsea will turn up, the good version I hope), Brighton - A, Villa - H, Wolves - A all tricky. But away at City, Spurs and United are all very dangerous.

Last edited:
What I really hate is sitting around waiting for fucking Spurs to do the job for us.
No, this is our league final.
Every fucking game until the teams below us can't catch us anymore is a league final and should be treated as such until we lift number 20.

What I really hate is sitting around waiting for fucking Spurs to do the job for us.
No, this is our league final.
Every fucking game until the teams below can't catch us anymore is a league final and should be treated as such until we lift number 20.
My guy

Arsenal are bumming everything in site. It’s far more likely they extend it than we reel it in.

I just can't agree over a draw being a good result. Psychologically it does more for arsenal than either us or city. Momentum is lost and doubts creep in.

A win means we stay top, motivates city against arsenal, and then we have a buffer against both.
It’s more that not losing is a good result.

Tbh if we win our last 10 I think we win it even if we lose.

Also it’s a high probability it’s the games we expect all 3 teams to win where each drop points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom