• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man City (H) - Sun 15:45

Think Carra made a good point: we all know penalties have a higher bar than anywhere else on the pitch - I'll add that in such a high profile match and in the last seconds, it needed more to be given or overturned.
Then the ref is refereeing the occasion which is a cardinal sin for them.

Stonewall that the ref and var and all the commenters live said no. I’m not being impartial. It wasn’t a pen for me. Doesn’t seem I’m the only who thinks so. Our own fans included.
VAR officials have previously admitted they don't like overturning the decisions their mates make. 'Clear and obvious' is such a cop out. Foot up that high with studs high is literally against the rules. It doesn't matter that Sky commentators (the same Sky that employs Mike Deadn and that didn't even replay the goal not given vs Spurs) say it isn't a penalty. You can't kick somebody that high. That's a foul in theory and practice.

Love Diaz to bits but he is 50% responsible for 2 points being lost today, needed to take 1 of his 2 clear chances. No hiding away from that.

Diaz does not start for this Liverpool side if Jota is fit. Same as gakpo.

I could forgive these missed chances for a 20 year old breaking in the side. I could forgive if I had faith they'd score a chance later.

I have zero faith in either of them
He did hit the target and score btw when Nunez was just off.

Think Carra made a good point: we all know penalties have a higher bar than anywhere else on the pitch - I'll add that in such a high profile match and in the last seconds, it needed more to be given or overturned.
I don't really buy that, if it is a foul it is a foul, just like the Odegaard handball where they judged that he had slipped or something. They are just making it up as they go.

Anyway it's not like it was the first time we are on the end of shit decisions so what can we do.

I don't really buy that, if it is a foul it is a foul, just like the Odegaard handball where they judged that he had slipped or something. They are just making it up as they go.

Anyway it's not like it was the first time we are on the end of shit decisions so what can we do.
Yeah when I see the slo-mo Bino has just posted it looks more and more stonewall.

If Doku gets the ball first and follows through into Macallister then whatever, carraghers unwritten rule about those challenges in the box applies. But that’s not what happens is it.

Well yeah that might explain it but it doesn't excuse it.

Otherwise we're in ridiculous territory like x is a penalty after 20 minutes in a mid table game in October if it's not in the box, a foul only if it's later than 70 mins and either one of the teams is within 10 points of the top OR bottom of the table, a drop ball if...etc

It's bullshit. That was a clear foul and it should've been given. They just bottled it.

Diaz is fucking shite in front of goal

He cannot be relied on in crunch times

Let's be honest, if we have sadio in his pomp, we win comfortably ... Diaz was great but the front 3 have to score goals ... have to ... and they blew it.

Athletico mate, "I'm not liverpool fan, but this shit with liverpool and penalties is getting me pissed off. "

Yeah when I see the slo-mo Bino has just posted it looks more and more stonewall.
Yeah if we watched the replay back, Doku went to the ball, he saw Macca pressing and he panicked. He lifted his leg up and connected with Macca on his chest. His action was a direct result of Macca playing the ball.

Carra say Doku tried to pull his leg back. It doesn't matter does it? Anyway Carra is quite a shithouse these days so I won't be too bothered with what he says.

Sturridge :
Luis Diaz did everything besides score.
The tenacious elements of his game are always there, he is always willing to run with the ball - he performed very well.

Nevin :
A number of players were great today but I thought Luis Diaz was really, really special. He has improved in my eyes consistently.
Looking at him today, he is a player I like. He is a fabulous player and I think part of that is Jurgen Klopp - he has made him a better player.

Let's be honest, if we have sadio in his pomp, we win comfortably ... Diaz was great but the front 3 have to score goals ... have to ... and they blew it.

Athletico mate, "I'm not liverpool fan, but this shit with liverpool and penalties is getting me pissed off. "
Been saying since day 1, if Diaz has an end product, even half an end product, we will win the league easy.

Micah Richards on Jeremy Doku's challenge on Alexis Mac Allister...

It was naive, Jeremy Doku could have headed it. Why is your foot up there in the last minute of the game? If it was given it would not have been overturned.

He also described our 2nd half performance as 'brilliant'.

Didn't expect us to dominate them with so many players still out so it was nice to have a better performance than result for once.

Fact we're still in this title race with 10 games to go is a miracle given everything we've had to overcome.

Micah Richards on Jeremy Doku's challenge on Alexis Mac Allister...

It was naive, Jeremy Doku could have headed it. Why is your foot up there in the last minute of the game? If it was given it would not have been overturned.

He also described our 2nd half performance as 'brilliant'.
He needs to stop laughing like a mad man every now and then to be taken seriously.

Apparently Endo had a mini contingent from Japan all the way to Anfield to support him. Good for him.

Back
Top Bottom