• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man Utd (a) FA Cup - Sunday 15:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF arsenal fucking hammered us in the FA cup, and we hit with 2 goals mostly against run of play

I['d be surprised if united were able to put up any other resistance than 11 men behind the ball
ok the first half was brutal - true

re. United, it's all about whether they think playing on the counter a la Solskaer

I'm more worried about playing Brighton at home in two weeks than playing Man U away.
They're shit and we're going to turn up and put out whatever hope they have of going anywhere in the cup.
Their season ends tomorrow.

ok the first half was brutal - true

re. United, it's all about whether they think playing on the counter a la Solskaer
It's the only way they can play against us. Rashford and Højlund on the counter will be their gameplay. They'll both crash and burn on the rocks that are Endo and VvD.

Last edited:
The only difference in the two starting XIs were Elliot - Gravenberch in CM and Jota - Darwin in attack.

Neither of the changes were for injuries, they were tactical.
And yet ... in the 3-1 loss we didn't start : Nunez, Salah (Gakpo on the right), Szobo (Gravenberch out of position instead) and Konate was sent off before they scored the third. Whilst they were completely at full strength. I've a feeling that made a difference.

United have not lost a FAC game at home to Liverpool for over 100 years (OK I think there has only been 4 but still).

*I'm trying to counteract the jinxy comment I made above that Singlerider berated me for !

And yet ... in the 3-1 loss we didn't start : Nunez, Salah (Gakpo on the right), Szobo (Gravenberch out of position instead) and Konate was sent off before they scored the third. Whilst they were completely at full strength. I've a feeling that made a difference.

Nothing you mentioned here was different for us between the FA Cup squad / starting XI and the PL squad / starting XI.

Nothing you mentioned here was different for us between the FA Cup squad / starting XI and the PL squad / starting XI.
I didn't say it was. My point was we had fewer first teamers than Arsenal who were at full strength.

Rumored team:

Kelleher, Gomez, Quansah, Virgil, Robbo, Endo, Macca, Szobo, Salah, Nunez, Diaz

You were replying to a completely different point in that case.
Ah yes indeed. I thought Dee meant we had fewer first teamers than them. That's what happens when you jump in without reading through the whole thread !

United have not lost a FAC game at home to Liverpool for over 100 years (OK I think there has only been 4 but still).

*I'm trying to counteract the jinxy comment I made above that Singlerider berated me for !
99 still haunts me. We were 3 mins away from a great 1-0 win and stopping the treble.

Utd are in for a world of pain.

Brutal suffering.

That'll leave more irreversible scars.

Depression & Anxiety.

Mental breakdowns.

Maybe even suicidal thoughts.

God forbid suicidal attempts.

nice to see danns on the bench

hopefully a scouser can break some hearts at the end

United have put out their best starting 11 available. Ten Hag not being a knob and playing his player in their best positions for a change

Unfortunately this will be competitive

Utd will try to catch us on the break and play it early to Garnacho/Rashford. Predictable

It seems to me that they are more likely to park the bus in this game, and hope to hit us on the break, as they stand no chance of winning any silver ware expect here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom