• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Newcastle (A) Feb 18th 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good performance - we went into our “game management shell” after the red card, which, given who we have next, wasn’t a bad idea, but it did make us look lethargic.

Jota & Bobby getting decent minutes was good - they’re both rusty as fuck.

Alisson was excellent, Virgil is back & Fabinho’s performance was his best in a long time, suggesting he might be getting something resembling form back. Milner was good when he came on, Trent was decent and Ivghiugh Gomez wasn’t entirely awful.

We shouldn’t be focusing on any negatives from this game - this is all positive, 2 wins in a row, 2 clean sheets, players coming back from injury, all 3 front players getting goals over the last few games, etc, etc.

Onward to Tuesday night.
^
This

Great result. Even though we’re shit, the fact that we are starting to find some goals is giving us something to build on.

Some small signs of life creeping back into some but far too much of the now familiar shit show of poor decision making, mistakes and panic stations in midfield / defence.

Jota looked sharpish even tho he missed his chances. Hopefully he can stay fit for a few weeks before breaking down again.

Only the second time this season Newcastle have conceded more than two goals in a game.
Their second loss as well, both to us.

Karius is STILL getting paid to not play football! Fucking hell

Ss far Newcastle have been paying him to not play football.

I hope he starts and plays a blinder next week - a man of the match performance Ashe pulls off worldly after worldy to break Utd’s hearts and demoralise them for the rest of the season while also filling Newcastle with massive self doubt about whether they’ll ever achieve anything without him.

He can then revert to shite and fuck up what remains of Newcastle’s season - bar sone draws with teams currently above us.

Good performance - we went into our “game management shell” after the red card, which, given who we have next, wasn’t a bad idea, but it did make us look lethargic.

Jota & Bobby getting decent minutes was good - they’re both rusty as fuck.

Alisson was excellent, Virgil is back & Fabinho’s performance was his best in a long time, suggesting he might be getting something resembling form back. Milner was good when he came on, Trent was decent and I thought Gomez wasn’t entirely awful.

We shouldn’t be focusing on any negatives from this game - this is all positive, 2 wins in a row, 2 clean sheets, players coming back from injury, all 3 front players getting goals over the last few games, etc, etc.

Onward to Tuesday night.

Agree with this - but I actually thought Bobby was linking up the play really well when he came on. Despite Newcastle's endeavor, I was never worried during that game, I think we decided after the red card and being 2-0 up - "Fuck this , we got Real Madrid on Tuesday...", and decided to keep the ball as much as we could. Also think if they scored we would have gone for the kill and finished them off completely 1-4. We decided to preserve our energies.

Agree with this - but I actually thought Bobby was linking up the play really well when he came on. Despite Newcastle's endeavor, I was never worried during that game, I think we decided after the red card and being 2-0 up - "Fuck this , we got Real Madrid on Tuesday...", and decided to keep the ball as much as we could. Also think if they scored we would have gone for the kill and finished them off completely 1-4. We decided to preserve our energies.
Yes he did try but the Newcastle players were skipping around him even though he just came on.

There was this sequence on our left when he tried a trick with the ball but his knees just sort of gave way. Then he tried to go after the ball and did a diving tackle of sorts but barely moved from the spot because he doesn't have any spring in his legs. It's sad to see. He wasn't always the fastest but like someone said, he's playing like he's in his 50s.

A quick check. Fuck me !! I should have been a non-playing goalkeeper. What a life.

Loris Karius earns £30,000 per week, £1,560,000 per year playing for Newcastle United F.C

Well I agree with the first sentence. And only that one !

I think it's rather obvious that one of the key 'changes' Klopp has made was forced on him ...
Thiago weakens a midfield which is physically weak'ish and lacking runners ...
Thiago-Hendo-Fabs can no longer work ...
put in ONE runner (Bajetic) and look at how things start to improve ...
We're still an average defensive team - but one can only hope that enough is being seen now to further solidify our summer plans to start rebuilding our spine.

I think it's rather obvious that one of the key 'changes' Klopp has made was forced on him ...
Thiago weakens a midfield which is physically weak'ish and lacking runners ...
Thiago-Hendo-Fabs can no longer work ...
put in ONE runner (Bajetic) and look at how things start to improve ...
We're still an average defensive team - but one can only hope that enough is being seen now to further solidify our summer plans to start rebuilding our spine.

Yesterdays midfield with Bellingham at RCM instead of Hendo, please.

Yesterdays midfield with Bellingham at RCM instead of Hendo, please.

I still think we need a younger, more physically imposing Fabinho ... but yes, a Bellingham transforms the midfield BUT I'm still a bit worried about our defense.
We're so porous.

I still think we need a younger, more physically imposing Fabinho ... but yes, a Bellingham transforms the midfield BUT I'm still a bit worried about our defense.
We're so porous.

Definitely another midfielder in as well, 100% agree.

Bajetic's development though has made it 'easier' to let go for Ox & Keita ...

MIDFIELDER 1
MIDFIELDER 2
Bajetic
Fabinho
Hendo
Thiago
Milner

That should be ok if we can get proper quality for 1 & 2

MIDFIELDER 1
MIDFIELDER 2
Bajetic
Fabinho
Hendo
Thiago
Milner
CJ

MIDFIELDER 3

If we assume we miss out on Jude,
CJ will not get game time, and may ask to leave, and I'll be okay with that.
Then my summer signings would be
In MF
JWP
Kone
Neves

Défense
The Croatian for defence. I just think Konate is made of glass, gomez has flatulence and Nat will want to leave. Trent needs cover, if Southampton go down along with JWP, we get KWP.

The Croatian will cost €100m, and I think its important he is flagged as the primary target

MIDFIELDER 1
MIDFIELDER 2
Bajetic
Fabinho
Hendo
Thiago
Milner

You’re giving Milner a contract extension?

If we assume we miss out on Jude,
CJ will not get game time, and may ask to leave, and I'll be okay with that.
Then my summer signings would be
In MF
JWP
Kone
Neves

Défense
The Croatian for defence. I just think Konate is made of glass, gomez has flatulence and Nat will want to leave. Trent needs cover, if Southampton go down along with JWP, we get KWP.

The Croatian will cost €100m, and I think its important he is flagged as the primary target

I think I’d rather give extensions to Keita, Ox & Milner than make those signings.

We're so porous.
I think we’ll identify a 20m young (20-24 year old) DM from France or something to rotate in around Fabinho (with Badger always an option there too).

A quick check. Fuck me !! I should have been a non-playing goalkeeper. What a life.

Loris Karius earns £30,000 per week, £1,560,000 per year playing for Newcastle United F.C
We were paying him £60k. Though he isn't getting games, and £30k is a lot of money but in the world of football it's peanuts. Must be soul destroying knowing the best deal will only pay half of what you have been used to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom