• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nuri Şahin, Part III (Agreed, pending medical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Arsenal fan said we've become a tin-pot club for signing a player without an agreed fee. Firstly, being called a tin pot club by a team who sells their best players to bigger clubs every summer is laughable. Secondly, we did the same with Mascherano.

Translation: Arsenal fan sore that despite their fantastic brand of football and Champions League qualification, they couldn't pull a player because their club is still run by a load of unambitious wankers.

-----Şahin-Lucas-Allen-----
Gerrard-----Borini-----Suarez

I posted something similar to that the other day. I can't see Gerrard playing wide though, so it'll be interesting to see who makes way in the middle. It doesn't look good for Adam, Spearing and Henderson anyway.

I posted something similar to that the other day. I can't see Gerrard playing wide though, so it'll be interesting to see who makes way in the middle. It doesn't look good for Adam, Spearing and Henderson anyway.
Or Downing

We need a squad. Lots of games to be played.

Ok. It's clear I keep misjudging this lad akin to the way Sean Dundee was judged.

If he plays the xabi role is that not pretty much what Allen was brought in to do?

Where do people who know this lad see him fitting in our side?

Allen is English Welsh Xavi. Şahin is Turkish Xabi.

Lucas is Brazilian Busquets.

Ok. It's clear I keep misjudging this lad akin to the way Sean Dundee was judged.

If he plays the xabi role is that not pretty much what Allen was brought in to do?

I think Allen will play just ahead of him, in a more traditional midfield role. They'll both link the defence and the attack, but Allen will likely cover more ground, because he uses intelligent movement and short passing, whereas Şahin has a bit more range, I think. They'll also be able to interchange somewhat, I expect. When one goes forward, the other can drop in.

It's a mouthwatering prospect.

His 8 assists in his last season with Dortmund

"Şahin exploded during 2010/11," German football journalist Ben Gladwell told The Independent. "So much so that the main question asked after his sale was how Dortmund would be able to defend their title without their key player, similar to questions now about Shinji Kagawa [who has recently joined Manchester United]."

Unfortunately at Madrid Şahin's route has been blocked by many assured midfielders – not least Mesut Ozil, of similar approach, heritage and age. "His style is like Ozil and, ironically, it is probably him keeping him out at Real," added Gladwell. "He's very technically gifted and plays the same position just behind the strikers or out wide, liking the ball at his feet and with a perpetual engine. He goes to get the ball rather than waiting for it to arrive. His goalscoring record is similar to Ozil's too and he probably should be getting more than he does, but creating goals is his real forte."

Potentially the best signing since Suarez. This lad can play.

Delighted.

We need a squad. Lots of games to be played.

Aye, I know. But with Şahin we'll have him, Gerrard, Allen, Lucas and Shelvey, that's five into three. Then you've got three other players to add to the mix, I can see at least two of them going.

Perhaps it's Lucas who Will be dropped?

------Şahin--------Allen------
------------Gerrard------------
Borini----Suarez----Assman

Although perhaps its best to not have high hopes about the Assman.

Perhaps it's Lucas who Will be dropped?

------Şahin--------Allen------
------------Gerrard------------
Borini----Suarez----Assman

Although perhaps its best to not have high hopes about the Assman.

Yeah I said this, maybe in alot of games we'll see Şahin and Allen in the middle, with Gerrard ahead? Şahin is pretty versatile anyway, so he could play the Gerrard role and cover for him or even play wide.

I think we have Maureen more than anyone else to thank for this to be honest in that he 1. Does not like Venger 2. Is mates with BR 3. Likes us.
I think Xabi probably did have a chat but I think it was like having a friend on the inside with all the negotiations and what we would have to do to seal it, and that will have pissed Arsene off big time.

regards

Wenger: We have no need for Şahin

Arsene Wenger claims the impending return of Jack Wilshere dissuaded him from signing Real Madrid

Liverpool confirmed they had reached a deal to sign the Turkey international on a season-long loan, appearing to have beaten their Premier League rivals in the race to sign the playmaker.

However, while Wenger will not be tempted to bring Wilshere back before he is ready, he believes Şahin would be surplus to requirements at Emirates Stadium as soon as Wilshere returns.

"He wouldn't necessarily be a replacement for [Alex] Song because Şahin isn't a defensive midfielder," Wenger said. "I see Şahin as not a deep, deep midfielder, but a little bit higher.

"We have Wilshere coming back quicker and he is a similar type of player. But of course Şahin wants to join a club where he will play. We have nine midfielders and they all need a chance to play."

Wilshere has not played in over a year, missing the whole of last season with an ankle injury which saw him miss Euro 2012 and the London Olympics.

"October will be an important month for Jack," Wenger said. "I will promise you that I will be careful, but Jack works very hard.

"Every day he is in early, late going home, is focused and has built up a good basis for his body. After how quick he will be sharp again for competition, I don't know. We will have to wait for at least a month to see that."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...enger:-we-have-no-need-for-nuri-Şahin?cc=4716

Didn't they mention the fact Arsenal wanted an option to buy included was the key? We were happy with a plain loan deal with nothing attached.

On a sidenote:

104 - No player created more goalscoring chances in the 2010-11 German Bundesliga than Nuri Şahin

Oh that's just great, now our conversion stats will look even worse. Whose stupid idea was this?

I've just put that through google's new bullshit translator. He really said, "Fucking hell, I've wanted Şahin for years and he has fucked off to Liverpool. This is merde!".

It's quite possible that we can have Allen / Şahin / Gerrard at home against teams other than in the recognised Top 6, though maybe against the top teams we need Lucas in behind, but it is more than likely that injuries / suspensions will keep 3 of those four in the starting line-up and with whoever is not sold of our other current CMs being relegated to squad fillers (Henderson/Shelvey with Adam/Spearing leaving) and being used in cup competitions to keep our 1st team players fresh.

From the Offal.

Liverpool Football Club have reached an agreement with Real Madrid to sign Nuri Şahin on a season-long loan deal, subject to the player passing a medical.

Şahin moved to Madrid last summer fresh from helping Borussia Dortmund secure the German championship and being named as the Bundesliga's Player of the Season.
The playmaker collected another league title winners' medal as the Spanish giants clinched La Liga in May.
Şahin has 31 caps for Turkey and became their youngest ever scorer when he netted on his debut against Germany in 2005, aged 17.
The 23-year-old will now undergo a medical on Merseyside.

Some excellent Şahin stats here :

http://www.eplindex.com/18043/nuri-...n-stats-compared-yaya-modric-arteta-liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom