• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PL Opposition Tidbits

Nobody is writing off City, but is everyone enjoying seeing the wheels come off for a wee change? Yes we are! I think it is also the nature of the defeat by Villa. It was only 1-0 but Villa were absolutely all over them. 2 shots to 20 or something, and wave after wave of Villa attacks. I don't think any of us have seen that in years.

It's said that you don't know what you've got till it's gone. Everybody and his brother know de Bruyne's a good player but maybe we're only now seeing just how vital he really is to them.

Untitled.jpg

Some people are writing City off, not sure why? The have problems which they can fix in Jan - so still the fav.
We on other hand will go into next year at some point with out defence all out.
Matip - Out
Konate - Sooner or later will be out for 1-2M
Gomez - Only a matter of time,
VVD - Will get injured through excessive play

We will have to then out Endo with Quansah in the back 4

And Ali and Robbo are out still but hopefully back soon…

It's said that you don't know what you've got till it's gone. Everybody and his brother know de Bruyne's a good player but maybe we're only now seeing just how vital he really is to them.

Perhaps but it's Rodri's absence that is hurting the most. Aren't they 0-4 when he's unavailable in the league this season?

Perhaps but it's Rodri's absence that is hurting the most. Aren't they 0-4 when he's unavailable in the league this season?
It's both. Midfield without the two of them is non-functional and their summer buys Kovacic and Nunes were not the answer (yippee!!)

Back in training sure, but back in goal for Palace?

If Klopp wants him to be. He's a goalkeeper, they don't usually need as long to get back to fitness.....plus he's only been out weeks not months.

Gonna stick my neck out on the line and say he will be as he's that important.

Based on that City will be top soon enough.
Alternatively, if they drop points (or fail to win both) in their next two games (Luton and Palace) prior to the wcc, then they just might be facing too much of a mountain to climb in the new year. The cunts.

Alternatively, if they drop points (or fail to win both) in their next two games (Luton and Palace) prior to the wcc, then they just might be facing too much of a mountain to climb in the new year. The cunts.
6 pts guaranteed.

It's both. Midfield without the two of them is non-functional and their summer buys Kovacic and Nunes were not the answer (yippee!!)

Has Nunes even really played for them? It's early doors but they don't seem to have made the best of that transfer.

Some people are writing City off, not sure why? The have problems which they can fix in Jan - so still the fav.
We on other hand will go into next year at some point with out defence all out.
Matip - Out
Konate - Sooner or later will be out for 1-2M
Gomez - Only a matter of time,
VVD - Will get injured through excessive play

We will have to then out Endo with Quansah in the back 4

Define excessive play for Virgil?

He’s yet to appear in the League Cup and has played only one of the Europa League games - so he’s basically playing just the League games.

I suppose he might play in Europe more as we progress - but how many League games do you recommend we rest him for?

While I'd love that, I'm expecting a niggly, naggly 1-0 to us against this lot. Hope you turn out to be closer to the mark.

And David Silva, Gundogan, Mahrez, Aguero, Fernandinho, Kompany, Laporte, Rodri missing, de Bruyne injured, Walker not was he was. That's more than half of their dominant team sold our missing.

I said recently that this is NOT the dominant City team of yore. It was the City midfield that was world class and that tore teams apart. It's gone.
They have some players that don't live up to their billing and are nowhere near as good as those they replaced : Grealish, Kovacic, Torres, Ake, Alvarez, Nunes, Akanji ... good players perhaps but not at an elite level.

As I said above. City are now playing by the rules, admittedly at the very top of the bracket, but inside the rules. They no longer simply buy the best two of everything. There wage bill is insane, even worse than uniteds. They had to agree a massive salary over multiple years to retain Silva.

They are far from fucked, but they are now ‘human’

Apparently Martial and Rashford have both pulled a sickie today so not in the picture for Bayern. Obviously Rashford is suspended for Sunday already so I guess Hoijland guaranteed tomorrow and possibly Sunday too

Apparently Martial and Rashford have both pulled a sickie today so not in the picture for Bayern. Obviously Rashford is suspended for Sunday already so I guess Hoijland guaranteed tomorrow and possibly Sunday too

Rashford can play? Isnt it Fernandes who is suspended?

Back
Top Bottom