• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match Chelsea away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref Taylor realises Chelsea are on fire and gives them an extra minute..

But on balance 2-2 is more than we deserved. Giving the ball away. Not sharp enough in front of our back 4, pushing up again. If we don't DEFEND the space in front of the back 4 and out wide we'll get stuffed. Have to show much more energy...or else..

Fab has been diabolical Imo...him and Milner in a midfield together is tough to watch.

What pussies. Chelsea had created SFA until that worldie from Kovacic. Yeah I said at the beginning that our midfield lacked creativity but thankfully we have TAA. As for being lucky to be 0-2 I thought we could have had 3 or 4 with both Mo (x2) and Mane missing decent opportunities.

We'll settle the defence now, bring on Keita SvP and with their weak defence we'll get a couple more. Win 3-4.

What pussies. Chelsea had created SFA until that worldie from Kovacic. Yeah I said at the beginning that our midfield lacked creativity but thankfully we have TAA. As for being lucky to be 0-2 I thought we could have had 3 or 4 with both Mo (x2) and Mane missing decent opportunities.

We'll settle the defence now, bring on Keita SvP and with their weak defence we'll get a couple more. Win 3-4.

I'm not even arsed about creativity from midfield. They're not challenging, they're not passing to feet, they're not doing fucking *anything*.

We’re losing this. Getting carved open and not at the races.
1-2 is impossible to defend against but the 2-2 goal is poor.

Joe Gomez is far better suited to this type of game. Haven't been impressed by Konate, not quick enough in the tackle, very poor tackle for the 2nd goal. Should of stopped that move but he waddled into it.

But we have showed yet again that we can't play the shut out.

Joe Gomez is far better suited to this type of game. Haven't been impressed by Konate, not quick enough in the tackle, very poor tackle for the 2nd goal. Should of stopped that move but he waddled into it.

But we have showed yet again that we can't play the shut out.

Konate isn't even the worst centre back today, so its wild you're singling him out

Not happy with our performance, but we've had the better chances, they've scored a worldie, and then created one great chance and scored from it. Salah has had two more he should have scored, if we can calm our midfield down and get some control, we're still in with a good chance, I fear we won't though.

This midfield overall isn't good enough even when it's full strength. The the games this season where we have struggled in our midfield has lost control or been bypassed. I think we are missing another fabinho type, another technically gifted top level midfield defensive mid to help control gets like this.

Not happy with our performance, but we've had the better chances, they've scored a worldie, and then created one great chance and scored from it. Salah has had two more he should have scored, if we can calm our midfield down and get some control, we're still in with a good chance, I fear we won't though.
To calm the midfield down, that would imply they're trying

This midfield overall isn't good enough even when it's full strength. The the games this season where we have struggled in our midfield has lost control or been bypassed. I think we are missing another fabinho type, another technically gifted top level midfield defensive mid to help control gets like this.

We are missing athleticism too. Too many players are slightly too old.

Over run in midfield but we look dangerous on the break, must win more of these battles for the ball

Can't believe we've let it get to Desmond
article-2694226-1FAF213300000578-412_634x450.jpg

Sky sports making this sound like a high quality match. Both teams have been fairly terrible.
Yep, I actually think the crowd is causing Chelsea to play ill disciplined which is helping us, and whilst we have quality in moments, we aren't controlling possession at all.

Oh get away. Fabs, Thiago and Hendo is a superb midfield ... when available and playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom