• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Forest (a) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither Trent or Gomez are consistent enough defensively, Trent makes up for it when he's on form in an attacking sense, but he's not really doing that this season so far.

Gomez is not the solution to Trent. We need Trent to get his form back, hope Ramsay is good, or get someone else in.

Well Ramsay played 30 minutes today and scored a goal for the u21s. Hopefully it's the start of something special

Spotted in training

DSC_5482_0d114d04-37cb-404c-9879-61b2018a5dd9.webp

That is a force ghost midfielder. Just like Luke appearing to help Rey in Rise of Skywalker, he is just turning up to help and inspire our midfield.
He is being brought back early so the hate mob can divert their attention from Trent. Haters gonna hate hate hate

That is a force ghost midfielder. Just like Luke appearing to help Rey in Rise of Skywalker, he is just turning up to help and inspire our midfield.

A force ghost you say!!??

Doesn’t look like Gini.

Might be one where Thiago gets a breather ahead of Ajax, but I suspect Trent will play right back and Milner might come in at Ajax, or vise versa.

Elliott will start this one.

--‐----‐-------------Ali-----‐-----‐‐-----
Trent--Gomez-VVD--Robbo
-‐---‐-‐----Hendo--Fabs----------
-‐-‐-----‐--------Firmino---‐-‐-------
---Elliott------Salah-----Nunez

We really need defensive stability going in to these games that we are supposed to and have to win.

Alisson
Gomez Konate Virgil Robbo
Fabinho Thiago
Salah Carvalho
Firmino Nunez

Good solid defensive unit and enough creativity and pace upfront to dominate that Forest team.
Like this one the best, but would like to see Konate eased back in

We should be doing some rotation in this game, if we can take a point from Ajax next week then the group stages are over and that's a vital "rest game" against Napoli that we don't need to care about.

------------------Ali----------------
Trent--Gomez--Virgil--Tsimikas
------Hendo--------Fab---------
-------------Carvahlo----------
Salah-----Firmino------Nunez

We should be looking to get Salah and Nunez off the pitch as soon as an unassailable lead is established. Jones, Elliot, Milner, Bajcetic could come in and get mins, even Ramsay if he's available

We should be doing some rotation in this game, if we can take a point from Ajax next week then the group stages are over and that's a vital "rest game" against Napoli that we don't need to care about.

------------------Ali----------------
Trent--Gomez--Virgil--Tsimikas
------Hendo--------Fab---------
-------------Carvahlo----------
Salah-----Firmino------Nunez

We should be looking to get Salah and Nunez off the pitch as soon as an unassailable lead is established. Jones, Elliot, Milner, Bajcetic could come in and get mins, even Ramsay if he's available

I’m not sure taking the Napoli game as a rest game is the right choice - although we’d need to smash them 3-0 or so to top the group.

As things currently stand, finishing second would mean we play either Club Brugge, Bayern, Real or PSG with the other 3 English teams likely to top their groups.

Not certain PSG will top their group, but still, while none of these teams will fancy playing us, they’re games we could easily lose.

Last edited:
I’m not sure taking the Napoli game as a rest game is the right choice - although we’d need to smash them 3-0 or so to top the group.

As things currently stand, finishing second would mean we play either Club Brugge, Bayern, Real or PSG with the other 3 English teams likely to top their groups.

Not certain and PSG will top their group, but still, while none of these teams will fancy playing us, they’re games we could easily lose.

My understanding is we need to beat them by 4 goals to top the group. That's not going to happen. We have a huge game v Spurs 3 days later. If our intention is to not run this team into the ground again then we absolutely should take the 2nd place finish and take the chance to rest some players.

My understanding is we need to beat them by 4 goals to top the group. That's not going to happen. We have a huge game v Spurs 3 days later. If our intention is to not run this team into the ground again then we absolutely should take the 2nd place finish and take the chance to rest some players.

Beating them by 4 clear goals would definitely mean we finish top.

Beating them by 3 clear goals would tie us up on head-to-head and would then depend on the results in the next round - we’d need to get a better goal difference than they do against Rangers - so probs not likely - but stranger things.

Not certain and PSG will top their group, but still, while none of these teams will fancy playing us, they’re games we could easily lose.
Too late to think about topping the group. Napoli are like a Ferrari burning it up & down the Autobahn this season, both at home and in Europe. Any result would be good but beating them by 3 or 4 is just not going to happen.

Last edited:
Nunez could be a doubt with a tight hamstring. Received treatment yesterday according to Klopp. Guessing he'll be rested or best case on the bench.

Nunez could be a doubt with a tight hamstring. Received treatment yesterday according to Klopp. Guessing he'll be rested or best case on the bench.

Well, fuck. Our options in attack right now are really unconvincing. Firmino can't really do 90 minutes after this amount of fixture congestion. I do not want to see more of the second half vs West Ham.

Fuck it just throw him in with a tightly bandaged wrap with some dry ice and he'll be good to go.

If we’re going 442 - which I know is a more fluid version, and we’re not risking Nunez, then :

Alisson
Milner - Gomez - VVD - Tsimikas
Elliot - Hendo - Thiago - Carvalho
Salah - Bobby

Subs :
Trent on for Milner
Robbo on for Tsimikas
Fabs for Hendo
Jones on for Thiago

Maybe Badger-Tits gets a run out and hopefully this game is put to bed quickly and early.

Now's the time someone tells me about some kid in the reserves who will play 5 minutes look "lively" then I'll see them once again, and finally remember their name, only for them to be loaned out and then sold.

Even better if they have a hyphenated name.

So, who is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom