• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Palace (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace is another tight park with noisy locals who still have fond memories of humbling us. Fingers crossed we put on a controlled and efficient, no panicking win. Please.

Palace is another tight park with noisy locals who still have fond memories of humbling us. Fingers crossed we put on a controlled and efficient, no panicking win. Please.
Too right. It’s probably my least favourite London ground, nothing much friendly about it at all for an away supporter,

[put this is the SU game thread by mistake!]

Presser

Starts at 5:37

"Alisson is good, but good enough for tomorrow I don't know I'll have to check"
"Macca doesn't look good .... if you are out for 5 days you miss 12 games (lol) .... I don't expect him to be ready for tomorrow but I don't know about Thursday or Sunday after that"
On Joel (6:40) "I'm pretty sure the club will show their class", "He will get all the support he needs from the club" on a new contract "I would say so but I cannot say. I can't sign the papers"
On do we need to get cover for Matip (17:00): "I always am surprised by this as if it was the easiest thing in the world, so like just bring in a player, to just find the money for it as if we have endless money" .... "There are still four centre halves" ... "I don't know but I don't think so to be honest"

The like is for booing Hodgson. Shit run of results (one win in 6) but FFS he's been good for them and was persuaded to return when his last replacement fucked it up. He's at their level and they won't be getting anyone better into Palace
Don’t be daft. Course they will. Every manager outside of England wants to manage in the EPL. If Everton can get Carlo, Palace can get better than Roy.

Hodge is really underrated here… Just because his football is boring and he looks like an angry owl, doesn’t mean he’s not a good manager.

Hodge is really underrated here… Just because his football is boring and he looks like an angry owl, doesn’t mean he’s not a good manager.
He's not a bad manager just an old school manager.
Fitness will be a factor tomorrow.

Good managers don't tend to have 20 different managerial roles.

He's had his periods of success along with numerous numerous catastrophes. If we're calling the likes of Roy a good manager then we may as well call Sam, Bruce, Hughes, Moyes all good as well.

Predicting a ruthless display tomorrow, a senseless beating.

0-5 Darwin with 2, Diaz with 2, Mo with one and Ibou.

I don’t see that at all. We are a very tired team.
You're right, but Palace aren't exactly in tip top shape either and they're missing a few important players like Eze, Holding, Doucoure, Henderson and Mitchell.
Their current form:
07295fdd19cc87c84e9e6068a1283646.jpg

You're right, but Palace aren't exactly in tip top shape either and they're missing a few important players like Eze, Holding, Doucoure, Henderson and Mitchell.
Their current form:
07295fdd19cc87c84e9e6068a1283646.jpg
Lutons form was worse when we rolled into town.

I own Sam Johnstone in my fantasy team and I think I'm going to captain him...fully expect Trent to start firing long shots at goal every half chance he gets.

Good managers don't tend to have 20 different managerial roles.

He's had his periods of success along with numerous numerous catastrophes. If we're calling the likes of Roy a good manager then we may as well call Sam, Bruce, Hughes, Moyes all good as well.

To be fair, Moyes is a good manager. Not too class but a good one. Sam was too, in his day, which has now passed.

I hated Hodgson when we had him, because he was absolutely useless.

He hasn't been a terrible manager elsewhere though.

We do have a pretty decent record against his teams, but historically our record against Palace themselves had always been a bit patchy. A few hammerings but also quite a few scrappy defeats as well.

I hated Hodgson when we had him, because he was absolutely useless.

He hasn't been a terrible manager elsewhere though.

We do have a pretty decent record against his teams, but historically our record against Palace themselves had always been a bit patchy. A few hammerings but also quite a few scrappy defeats as well.

He's decent enough with a lower/mid-level team for whom ongoing Prem survival is a win in itself. Getting Fulham to a European final was good going in fairness. His performance with Blackburn after they'd won the title, with us and then with England showed where his limits lie.

Appaz Quansah is starting today. Guessing its Quansah RCB then and next to Virgil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom