• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Southampton on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Well I'm no coach or physio but we looked absolutely knackered towards the end of last night's game.
You think Klopp will rotate?
I'm not sure, rotate with what? Lovren isn't playing I guess, since he wasnt with the squad in Istanbul. Keita injured
Shaqiri could start, Lallana maybe?
Is Fabs OK?

Wouldnt surprise me if we return from the south with nothing.

Last edited:
Fabinho must surely be out meaning we need to fit a square peg into that round DM hole. Hopefully not Lallana given the opponent.

I expect the defence to be fine - both full backs to be fine
Gini will 100% start
Part of me thinks Origi will start but I can't see Mane being on the bench vs Saints.. Maybe Mo gets a rest - eeek

It would make sense to start some of Ox, Origi & Shaq but we appear too comfortable starting the main 3 each time.

Fabinho has been knackered by 60-70 minutes in every match he has played this season, he might be a top candidate to rest but we need to not field a disjointed midfield and give them a chance.

Allegedly Ox has been great in training. Ox, Gini, Henderson/Fabinho?

I worry more about VVD, Robertson and Gomez and how shit our back 4 could be if we give some of them a rest.

Fabinho must surely be out meaning we need to fit a square peg into that round DM hole. Hopefully not Lallana given the opponent.

I expect the defence to be fine - both full backs to be fine
Gini will 100% start
Part of me thinks Origi will start but I can't see Mane being on the bench vs Saints.. Maybe Mo gets a rest - eeek

It would make sense to start some of Ox, Origi & Shaq but we appear too comfortable starting the main 3 each time.
We really needed to sign a wing forward imo.

I'd be happy with Shaq on the wing tbf - worked versus Barca! My team would be

-------------Adrian-----------
TAA--Gomez--VVD--Robbo
--------Hendo--Gini----------
-----------Oxlade--------------
Salah---Firmino---Shaq

Mane as an early impact sub for Mo, or vice versa.

I think the defence will be fine. I'd start Matip instead of Gomez. Fabinho had cramp in both legs but still managed to score his penalty. I think he's one of those players that are naturally fit and will make a quick recovery. Its better to start him and then sub him after 65-70 mins if he's tired.
Mane looked fit and can start again. Salah didnt look to tired either but maybe rotate with Shaqiri from the start.
It all depends on who got a niggle or knock yesterday.

Its something about winning that just doesnt make you feel as tired as you might do if you lose.

It will be tough to focus on Soton now, so Klopp has got a massive job these next two days in setting up the team and getting the players minds right.

I'd expect the usual out there to be honest now, bar any unannounced knocks.

....................Adrian
TAA.....Gomez....Virgil......Robbo
.................Fabinho
.........Henderson...Wijnaldum
Salah........Bobby.........Mane

They are knackered due to heavy training sessions ongoing. It is no worry to play a game in there but they will not be as fresh as we can expect them in some 4-5 weeks. Fabs is fit and fine and will be in the team, no worries there. The rotating is for later stages of the season when the engine is burned and the amount of training is limited due to heavy program, which is clearly not the issue right now.

You make it sound like a typical situation in youth sport over here, where it is a trend of parents overprotecting their kids from any kind of stress. They can't train if they look stressed and the coaches are told by parents how things should work. They should not practice at certain times and not more than 5 times a week and they surely can't handle to much homework in the process. They look stressed and knackered if they have to make their own food. So parents brush away any disruption in front of them so they can walk around in life looking fresh and healthy all the time, which they clearly don't so it freaks them out even more.

In my opinion all players should look knackered after a game. At least after a final. They are paid good money to run their bodies down and look sweathy and knackered at the end of games. That is what we should expect from them. If they, and in this case Fabinho who has been free to build form since May, needs rotation after two games he should be sent to hospital for serious examination.

It wasn't just any game. It was 120 mins, a final abroad and technically only two days until the next game. It's not the best situation, despite their great fitness levels.

It wasn't just any game. It was 120 mins, a final abroad and technically only two days until the next game. It's not the best situation, despite their great fitness levels.

Yeah, exactly like that. You have the same in Sweden I guess.

Adrian
TAA
Matip
VVD
Robertson
Henderson
Gini
Milner
Origi
Firmino
Brewster

Bench

Mane
Salah
Ox
Gomez

I think we can and have to make 4-5 changes & still look pretty strong.

Adrian Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson Wijnaldum Lallana Shaqiri Salah Mane Firmino

Trent Gini Shaq Lallana and Bobby to add fresh(er) legs.

Fab is clearly spent as was Hendo...Alisson not yet back.

The front 3 will have to start and taa will be back. Put some pressure on city ahead of thier game with spurs

I've not seen a single game this season (or preseason) and I can't even do it this Saturday. If we stay winning I might have to keep it up

Will you be LongIngs for it?
giphy.gif

I've not seen a single game this season (or preseason) and I can't even do it this Saturday. If we stay winning I might have to keep it up
I get quite worked up watching us play, to the extent that I go for walks while my sons watch. Thought after the Champions League final I could now relax a bit and just enjoy games, but I got back from work for extra time yesterday, watch a little and then that ridiculous penalty happens.

Southampton got merked by Burnley. Let's fuck them up
I’ll take any win.
Southampton was unlucky. It had held its save for a 12 minute meltdown. At this stage of the season, there are few differences in the fitness levels and match sharpness among teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom