• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer 2013-NON LFC ONLY-Transfer Rumours/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how badly they want him. If they ultimately fail to shift Levy, I'm hoping the time factor might then work against them for a change.

Arsenal transfer blank rolls on as £22million Shakhtar Donetsk offer accepted for Brazil starlet Bernard

31 Jul 2013 11:13
Liverpool and Tottenham also miss out. Atletico Mineiro named the price. Ukraine giants agreed to pay it. Atletico president Alexandre Kalil reportedly said: "It’s Shakhtar. They’ve reached the price we want. If he [Bernard] wants to go, he’ll go."
That's still a sizeable 'if', with the winger thought to have his heart set on a switch to Porto - the club recommended to him by his Brazil pal Hulk.
Bernard's father Delio Duarte was telling Brazil media recently: "Hulk has convinced Bernard that Porto would be better for him at this stage of his career."
All in all it looks like the end of Arsenal's interest, though Arsene Wenger has publicly played that down.
Metro report that the lad himself has called it as a straight fight between Porto and Shakhtar now after the Ukrainian bid was accepted. Bernard said: "I don’t know if it will be best for me, I’m talking with my family.
"But nothing is certain yet. I had a meeting with the president and he told me what Shakhtar offered him and myself. It is between Porto and Shakhtar."

Steven Caulker is apparently on the verge of joining Cardiff City for £9m. Original valuation was £12m. Might include a buy back clause.

Steven Caulker is apparently on the verge of joining Cardiff City for £9m. Original valuation was £12m. Might include a buy back clause.

Surprised we are not in for him considering Rodgers had him on loan at Swansea and seemed to have rated him

Surprised we are not in for him considering Rodgers had him on loan at Swansea and seemed to have rated him

Signing has been confirmed. Spurs have got a good fee for him. Should Skrtel not command a similar/higher fee?

Signing has been confirmed. Spurs have got a good fee for him. Should Skrtel not command a similar/higher fee?

You would have though.
I guess wage demands would also have a bearing on the transfer fee.

A problem between Valencia and Roberto Soldado's agents is now the only issue holding up his move to Tottenham.
The Spanish club's president has reached agreement with Tottenham over the transfer, which suggests Spurs have agreed to meet Soldado's buyout clause of £26m.
Amadeo Salvo said last week he would not sell the striker for a penny less than a fee which would represent a club record for the Londoners.
And, speaking to local media on Wednesday, Salvo said: "The deal with Tottenham has been completed."
All that now apparently stands in the way of the move is a dispute with the Spain international's representatives.
Salvo said: "A problem with Soldado's agents has come up and the player will not leave the club until a solution has been found."
Soldado, 28, scored 30 goals in 46 appearances for Valencia last season.

hmm soldado and paulinho , how are spurs able to attract these players without champs league football while we seem to struggle .

I suspect those are their two main signings of the summer though and I think they account for over 40m in fees alone, right?

Remy to Newcastle - season long loan supposedly.
Seems like he'll cost a loan fee of £2m.

"We paid about £8m for him, so if someone wants to loan him for a year, we are entitled to get £2m a year for him," Redknapp said.

"Make no mistake, he will get between 15 and 20 goals next season if he goes to a Premier League club. He is a top-class player - a player for any club in the Premier League in my opinion."

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/m...rton-het-laatste-nieuws/#.UgICkCEmEhQ.twitter

Manchester United are on the verge of signing Marouane Fellaini from Everton [Het Laatste Nieuws]

clockIcon.png
Wednesday, August 7th, 2013
Feeds: Everton, Manchester United, Marouane Fellaini

comments-line.png
comments-icon.png
0 Comments

If reports in Belgium are to believed this Wednesday, Manchester United have signed Marouane Fellaini from Everton.
While the precise amount for Fellaini’s transfer fee is yet to be agreed between Manchester United and Everton, Belgium’s leading paper Het Laatste Nieuws report that “no one doubts that the central midfielder will be Robin van Persie’s teammate next season.”
The news will be music to the ears of Man United fans who have seen their club fail to land Thiago Alcantara and Cesc Fabregas so far this summer.
Het Laatste Nieuw also point out that when Fellaini finally pens his new contract at Old Trafford, the deal will mean that every top club in the Premier League will have at least one Belgium international in their team.
(Chelsea have Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku. Man City have Kompany. Vermaelen is at Arsenal and Vertonghen, Dembele and Chadli are at Tottenham.)
BRC-6sqCMAAInRn.jpg:large

Nieuw also point out that when Fellaini finally pens his new contract at Old Trafford, the deal will mean that every top club in the Premier League will have at least one Belgium international in their team.
(Chelsea have Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku. Man City have Kompany. Vermaelen is at Arsenal and Vertonghen, Dembele and Chadli are at Tottenham.)

:(

Fellaini's not bad but all these links to former players by Moyes has a bit of a Hodgson-Konchesky ring to it.

And I likey!

Fellaini's not bad but all these links to former players by Moyes has a bit of a Hodgson-Konchesky ring to it.

And I likey!

I actually listened to TalkSport for an hour earlier cos it was full of Mancs panicking about him & Moyes. It was great fun.

Manchester United may bid £30m for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines

• David Moyes poised to try for double deal with Everton
• Chase for Cesc Fábregas looks to have come to nothing
Leighton-Baines-008.jpg

Leighton Baines could be a new target for Manchester United, who would like to sign him in a double deal with Marouane Fellaini. Photograph: Wally Caddow/Icon SMI
Manchester United are in talks with Everton over a deal for Marouane Fellaini, as David Moyes fears that his top midfield target, Cesc Fábregas of Barcelona, could prove out of reach. The Premier League champions are also interested in signing Leighton Baines from Everton and are considering whether to offer around £30m for the pair.
Moyes, who has so far added only the young Uruguayan full-back Guillermo Varela to his squad before his debut season at Old Trafford, worked with Fellaini and Baines at Goodison Park, having signed the former for £15m from Standard Liège in 2008 and the latter for £6m from Wigan Athletic in 2007.
Roberto Martínez, who has taken over from Moyes at Everton, has said that the club have yet to receive an offer for either player and Moyes is acutely sensitive about the need to conduct any business with his former employer in the right way. His respect for Everton, where he worked for 11 years before succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson, runs deep. But he is clear about the merits of both Fellaini and Baines and he is poised to make his move for them.
Fellaini is understood to have offers from elsewhere in the Premier League but he would relish the opportunity to join United and continue his working relationship with Moyes. The 25-year-old's contract at Everton contained a £23.5m buy-out clause but it expired on 31 July, meaning that his value will now be determined by market forces.
United's need for reinforcement in midfield has been intensified by Paul Scholes' retirement at the end of last season and Moyes has pushed to take Fábregas, the former Arsenal captain, seeing two bids turned down by Barcelona. United have also been linked with a move for Luka Modric of Real Madrid although that, too, has been fraught with complications.
Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, has said for the past three weeks that his information is that Fábregas will stay at the Camp Nou for at least another season. Despite the disappointment of Fábregas's departure from Arsenal in 2011, Wenger continues to have a good relationship with him while the player's agent is the son of David Dein, Wenger's closest contact in the game.
In this summer of the contractual transfer clause Arsenal have one that effectively entitles them to first refusal on Fábregas. Wenger's information would appear to be well-sourced. The Barcelona sporting director, Andoni Zubizarreta, also said at the weekend that United had "renounced" the signing of Fábregas. "They understand our position of not wanting to sell," Zubizarreta said. "We aren't going to sell him."
Fellaini is a different type of midfielder, with reservations over his passing ability and disciplinary record. But the Belgium international has skill, tremendous presence and goal threat, as evidenced by his 12 goals for Everton last season. One of them was the winner against United in the opening round of matches.
Baines would provide competition to United's current left-back, Patrice Evra, who has given excellent service since his £5.5m move from Monaco in 2006. The 28-year-old Liverpudlian, capped 17 times by England, has become the model of consistency and Martínez, who rates him as the best left-back in the country, does not want to lose either him or Fellaini. Everton rejected a bid of around £12m for Baines from United in June.
"There are no bids," Martínez said. "When you read that someone is interested in someone, it doesn't mean there is a bid on the table. Marouane has been working really hard. Leighton Baines has been working really hard for the team, and that's all that matters. I've said from day one as a manager you only concentrate on working hard. I don't mind having my players grabbing headlines. That's a good story because it means they've been doing well. I'm only concentrating on having as strong a squad as possible for the start of the season."
Moyes remains confident of adding to his squad. "I do think we'll be bringing players in before the window shuts," he said after United's 1-1 friendly draw against AIK in Stockholm. "They will come. We're moving along but if you said, 'Is anything close?' I couldn't give you an answer."​

Both good players.
But that wouldn't represent 30M pounds worth of improvement for ManU, no way.
I hope this goes through.

30m doesn't sound extortionate to me (not by Liverpool prices). If Glenjo was worth 18m then Baines is easily in the 20s. And Fellaini must be worth at least 15 million of anyone's money.

Manchester United have identified Udinese's Luis Muriel, 22, as the man they want to replace Wayne Rooney at Old Trafford.
Full story: The Metro

Nooooooo!

30m doesn't sound extortionate to me (not by Liverpool prices). If Glenjo was worth 18m then Baines is easily in the 20s. And Fellaini must be worth at least 15 million of anyone's money.
Wouldn't dispute those figures mate but how much better would Utd be after spending that 30M?
A lot? 30M's worth? Nah.

Wouldn't dispute those figures mate but how much better would Utd be after spending that 30M?
A lot? 30M's worth? Nah.

I think Baines would be a terrific purchase for them. Evra is getting on a bit, and doesn't offer the offensive threat that Utd have traditionally gleaned from their defenders. His threat from the set-piece is something Utd could do with too. I think Fellaini would offer them something a bit different too with all his elbowy nasty physicality on top of his talent. Hard to quantify, but would they be useful signings in helping to keep them at the top? In respect of Baines, definitely.

I think Baines would be a terrific purchase for them. Evra is getting on a bit, and doesn't offer the offensive threat that Utd have traditionally gleaned from their defenders. His threat from the set-piece is something Utd could do with too. I think Fellaini would offer them something a bit different too with all his elbowy nasty physicality on top of his talent. Hard to quantify, but would they be useful signings in helping to keep them at the top? In respect of Baines, definitely.

Baines will be 29 this year. Everton want more than 13M for him. That's madness for someone entering the last few years of top flight pedigree, and who isn't a marked improvement on evra as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom