• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The rest against Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Administrator
So who gets in there?

Kelleher
Neco Rhys Philips Boyes
Thiago Ox
Jones
Shaq Origi Minamino

Would give Thiago 45 for fitness purposes. No idea who should play left back

I like that team. Hopefully he does something along those lines and also puts a stack of youth on the bench.

It looks like dreamy has been sacrificed to the dead rubber gods.

I wouldn’t let a first teamer in the ground. Fuck it off and work towards the Man U game.

We’ll still win 2-0.

I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp picks a strong team to try and play them back into form.
Its another seven days until we play again isn't it?

I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp picks a strong team to try and play them back into form.
That's what scares me. These players need 10 days off and should be all sat in the stands seeing a game of football from the sidelines

Keita is never fit.

Would also give Milner the day off too although he could probably take the fitness and play 45 min

I think this is likely. He played a strong team in midtyland for no reason whatsoever, so now we are completely bereft of confidence and rhythm, and we have a good break before and after, I can see him playing a strong team.

I think I agree too.

Milner and Williams at R and l back. Williams and Fab at CB. Keita, henderson and Jones. Then minamino deputising for 1 if the front 3.

Hoping he's Abel to get a start.

400px-khan.jpg

CAIN!!!!!!!!!

From the presser:

Doesn't sound like there'll be too many changes: 'We can't use the FA Cup to give [recently recovered] players rhythm, the opponent is just too strong for that'.

Keita won't be fit in time for Villa.

Trent's main problem, Klopp said, is that he had covid and then an injury so he had no pre-season and he's been struggling to regain his peak fitness.

They're looking to involve Minamino again soon. Jota is still a few weeks away. Matip will probably be okay for the mancs.

Villa game to be called off or play their kids ??

Called off we get a bye into the next round..

Villa training ground closed due to significant coronavirus outbreak..

Last edited:
It would be total BS if they don't either forfeit or have to find a squad for it.

Oh this would be the best result possible if we were given the win without playing and the whole squad having 2 weeks of recovery and training uninterrupted.

Aston Villa have been forced to close their Bodymoor Heath training ground after a "significant" coronavirus outbreak at the club.
Villa say a "large number" of their first-team players and staff have tested positive and first-team training has been cancelled ahead of Friday's FA Cup tie at home to Liverpool.
The club confirmed the positive results were returned after testing on Monday and Thursday this week and revealed it is in talks with the Football Association and the Premier League with regards to future actions.

No club will automatically have to forfeit an FA Cup game if they are affected by coronavirus, with each case to be assessed by the FA on its individual circumstances, Sky Sports News understands. A final decision about the fixture will be made early next week.
The FA has told clubs taking part in the FA Cup third round that they should field a team if they have at least 14 fit players, which can include youth team players, as they seek to avoid a fixture pile-up.

In a statement on Thursday, Villa said: "A large number of first-team players and staff returned positive tests after being routinely tested on Monday and immediately went into isolation.
"A second round of testing was carried out immediately and produced more positive results today.
"First team training ahead of tomorrow's FA Cup match with Liverpool was cancelled.
"Discussions are ongoing between medical representatives of the Club, the Football Association and the Premier League."
Villa's next Premier League game is at home to Tottenham on January 13, before another home match against Everton three days later.

Oh this would be the best result possible if we were given the win without playing and the whole squad having 2 weeks of recovery and training uninterrupted.

Do we ever play well after a long break? Please let this be an occasion where we do

Do we ever play well after a long break? Please let this be an occasion where we do

Klopp was talking with real relish about the chance to have a whole week of proper training after this game (emphasising especially the chance for 'XI v XI' coaching), stressing how much the players would benefit. As I said earlier in the week, the tactical preparation that goes on during training is something that's been diminished in these circumstances, so I take this as Klopp implying that he's really eager to sort out the lack of discipline in the team at present. Now we can at least get some issues dealt with.

This would be just typical if Villa are allowed to postpone this game when we had to fulfill the league cup fixture last season albeit in different circumstances. If they have to play their u23 team it shouldn't disadvantage them too much as we're likely to play ours too. Liverpool should try and get the game played no matter what team they have to put out as the fuckers did the same to us last season but i doubt we will as our usual objective with the FA cup is to get eliminated as soon as possible it seems.

I agree. This 'each case to be assessed by the FA on its individual circumstances' bullshit is just typical - what are supposed to be the extenuating circumstances? They've either got it or they haven't got it. If they've got it then there's surely been a problem at their end with testing and precautions. I mean, Grealish on his own has been trying for ages to catch it. The FA once again is using vague references to 'assessing' clubs in order to justify being as inconsistent as they wish.

This would be just typical if Villa are allowed to postpone this game when we had to fulfill the league cup fixture last season albeit in different circumstances. If they have to play their u23 team it shouldn't disadvantage them too much as we're likely to play ours too. Liverpool should try and get the game played no matter what team they have to put out as the fuckers did the same to us last season but i doubt we will as our usual objective with the FA cup is to get eliminated as soon as possible it seems.

If they postpone, it we should forfeit and tell the league, "At least now you won't have to worry about looking like fucking idiots when you miss blatant penalties against our team"

Postponed.

And the title of this thread turns out to be remarkably prescient.

It truly is a rest against Villa

It's like a little piece that was hidden away in one of the papers this morning, acknowledging that the number of VAR decisions has declined in recent weeks partly because the refs have indeed been told to revert to their old interpretation of handball. You can't go changing rules like that several months into a season, when some clubs have lost points because of the 'old' interpretation! There really needs to be an independent watchdog to keep these blazered buffoons on the straight and narrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom