• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Norwich (h) - Fu*k You Count Cup - Weds 20:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Jones was very good last night and showed that predictions of his demise are premature.
If he brings consistency to his game, and inconsistency is usual in youth players and he continues to improve, then he has a very high ceiling still.
Jota doesn't look fully fit so the seventy minutes will be good for him.
Minimino was excellent and is proving to be a good squaddie this season.
Gomez was Gomez. Excellent for much of the game but then makes a few bad mistakes. I am not sure if this is because he has had so little game time this season or if it's an intrinsic part of his game, hopefully the former. He still looks like a classy centre half a lot of the time.
Konate doesn't look so assured when he isn't beside Virgil but that critique can be levelled at most of our centre halves.

Wouldn’t be against Chelsea - we’d have to play big boys at some point anyway. Don’t want Saints - they run a lot and I think they are the one team that’s easy to underestimate that has the quality to make you pay if you do. I like what I saw of Nottingham Forest in this Cup - would be nice to play them at some point.

What I liked about the game...

The way both Minamino and Origi actively look to pass to each other, something that would serve Mane, Salah and Liverpool better in games.

The way that even with a brace Minamino still when having a chance or two for the hattrick still choose to look to bring others on to the score sheet by laying the ball off to those in better positions than him.

You would never see that from a majority of our players and especially Mane and Salah if they were seeking their hattrick.
Definitely an unselfish and refreshing way of playing

Just in case anyone didn’t know, cos I didn’t…we find out this evening

When is the FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw?

The draw for the last-eight of the 2022 Emirates FA Cup is scheduled to take place at Wembley Stadium on Thursday 3rd March, prior to Everton's clash with Boreham Wood at Goodison Park;

I wonder if Forest get through, we'd risk playing another under strength side in the FA cup, considering what they did to Arsenal and Leicester.

What I liked about the game...

The way both Minamino and Origi actively look to pass to each other, something that would serve Mane, Salah and Liverpool better in games.

The way that even with a brace Minamino still when having a chance or two for the hattrick still choose to look to bring others on to the score sheet by laying the ball off to those in better positions than him.

You would never see that from a majority of our players and especially Mane and Salah if they were seeking their hattrick.
Definitely an unselfish and refreshing way of playing
I thought Minamino should have gone for near post when he had the chance in the second half instead of chipping it near the far post for 50-50 headers with defenders. It was a scorable chance which he should have taken and bring the score line 3-0 without worrying about his mates. I thought he gave away a chance that was begging

I wonder if Forest get through, we'd risk playing another under strength side in the FA cup, considering what they did to Arsenal and Leicester.

The difference is, Arsenal are shit.

I thought Minamino should have gone for near post when he had the chance in the second half instead of chipping it near the far post for 50-50 headers with defenders. It was a scorable chance which he should have taken and bring the score line 3-0 without worrying about his mates. I thought he gave away a chance that was begging

I agree, but at the same time liked that he choose not to be selfish all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom