• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Norwich (h) - Fu*k You Count Cup - Weds 20:15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Now its time to get moving on the FA Cup. I can see the team who got us to the League Cup final coming in for this as I imagine Norwich will see the need to rest and focus on staying up.

Fun Fact - if you google 'LFC Fixtures' which I did for the KO time, fireworks come up on the page! This is a prediction, and thinking anyone who played 120 should be rested.

-----------------Kelleher-----------------
Milner----Konate---Gomez---Tsimikas
--------------Jones-----Keita--------------
--------------------Elliot--------------------
----Ox----------Minamino---------Origi

Doesn't look that pretty on paper but I can't see many of these players not starting and we will be going out buzzing.

How about Morton? He hasn't gotten a look in lately, but he would add balance to that midfield – don't think Keita-Jones works as a duo.

Also what about Kaide Gordon? He did pretty well last time out and probably deserves another chance to impress.

Last edited:
I’m not going to disagree. Having Salah, Diaz, Mané, Fabs etc on the bench in case of emergency is a great position to be in.

I can’t see Norwich risking their first team for the sake of a cup game.

Jota probably starts as he will need some game time to get back up to speed.
Bobby will hopefully make the bench.
Gordon might get a look in too.

I'd go with:

Bradley----Konate---Gomez---Tsimikas
--------------Jones-----Morton-------------
----Ox----------Origi---------Minamino

That team should be good enough to beat Norwich - with Salah and Mane on bench to help if necessary.

Mane plays full 90. Diaz gets a rest for me.

I think we'll put a hybrid team out

--------------Alisson‐--------
Gomez--Matip--Konate--Kostas
-----Elliott---Henderson--Ox--
---------Mini---Origi--Mane----

Would prefer Jones but Ox will probably get the nod.

That's what I'd go for anyway.

I think Alli will play because Klopp doesn't like his #1 keeper to lose sharpness due to an extended break.

i mean, if he plays in the league this weekend he won't have played in a week and a half. I dont think thats too excessive.

Wonder why we are not seeing Jones around as much ,I mean in training and at matches..
maybe I’m just not seeing him but he seems to have somewhat disappeared from things, wasn’t in the photos last night, or is it all normal …not sure

Wonder why we are not seeing Jones around as much ,I mean in training and at matches..
maybe I’m just not seeing him but he seems to have somewhat disappeared from things, wasn’t in the photos last night, or is it all normal …not sure
I reckon he's fuming because elliott is getting the nod a bit more. Like today; elliott made the bench ahead of him. I want jones angry; as long as he fights to get back in the team

I reckon he's fuming because elliott is getting the nod a bit more. Like today; elliott made the bench ahead of him. I want jones angry; as long as he fights to get back in the team
Yeh I’m suspecting something such as that too..
I‘m sure time will tell us ..

Jones should start against norwich, just to try and motivate him. Jones, hendo and maybe elliott? Could be lightweight, but i'm not arsed. Need to rest fab, elliott and jones both need minutes.

Tbf the boy barely spent any energy. They were the most lethargic penalty save attempts i've ever seen
I didnt mean "Again?" as in "Would you play Kelleher again?" I meant it in terms of "are you trying to jinx us by contradicting your own opening statement, like you did in the final thread?" .... oh, carry on

I didnt mean "Again?" as in "Would you play Kelleher again?" I meant it in terms of "are you trying to jinx us by contradicting your own opening statement, like you did in the final thread?" .... oh, carry on
Perhaps contradictions are whats required

Now its time to get moving on the FA Cup. I can see the team who got us to the League Cup final coming in for this as I imagine Norwich will see the need to rest and focus on staying up.

Fun Fact - if you google 'LFC Fixtures' which I did for the KO time, fireworks come up on the page! This is a prediction, and thinking anyone who played 120 should be rested.

Milner----Konate---Gomez---Tsimikas
--------------Jones-----Keita--------------
----Ox----------Minamino---------Origi

Doesn't look that pretty on paper but I can't see many of these players not starting and we will be going out buzzing.
Sorry Brizz I can't see Klopp starting that team.
Yes, some played 120 mins and they will almost certainly not be involved in the Norwich game.
But that midfield is horrendous.

--------------------Alisson

Gomez-----Matip------Konate-----Tsimikas

-----------------Henderson
--------Jones---------------Ox
Minamino------Origi-------------Mane

Yup, I hope he isn't sulking.

Yes, some played 120 mins and they will almost certainly not be involved in the Norwich game.

My midfield would eat yours for breakfast.

Brizzle said:
This is a prediction, and thinking anyone who played 120 should be rested.
-----------------Kelleher-----------------​
Again?

agreed ........and if Milner and Mo aren't on the park he can deputise as our penalty taker should the need arise. :cigar:

Yep that is absolutely a far more likely team. I'm 100% on board with that. Elliott, Jota and maybe Keita to get minutes.

Norwich have two crunch matches coming up (as if they are not already done and dusted). H to Brentford on Sat and A Leeds a week later. They know they'll need to win both of those to have any chance of staying up. So I agree with Hansen, I can't see them risking any key players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom