• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup of the Damned

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't self-entitled, they just aren't that great, and they have a manager who doesn't have a fucking clue. None at all. And most of them will know that, because most of them have had genuinely top class managers.

Bellingham was poo tonight

I know it is dangerous making judgments based on World Cup games. With that caveat, based on yesterday's game would prefer focusing on Adams and Musah than spending 100-150 million on Bellingham.

Trent can’t get even get on as a sub against USA.
If I hear anymore from all these knowledgeable pundits, I will forget he was ever able to play tournament football. All including Joe Cole were creaming for him before but now he can only play for England under long list of caveats. Kieren Trippier is the new Cafu apparently.
Neville was actually up in arms at Trent not playing.

Gareth Southgate is a bit... Bland. He's like a character created by Ricky Gervais for the office.

England were poor last night, didn't seem to have any creativity at all.

Gareth Southgate is a bit... Bland. He's like a character created by Ricky Gervais for the office.

England were poor last night, didn't seem to have any creativity at all.
The press and media are having to tread carefully here after going completely overboard after the victory over Iran.

I know it is dangerous making judgments based on World Cup games. With that caveat, based on yesterday's game would prefer focusing on Adams and Musah than spending 100-150 million on Bellingham.

I wasn’t particularly impressed with neither, especially Musah seemed to quiet petulant and intent on giving away silly fouls at times.

I wasn’t particularly impressed with neither, especially Musah seemed to quiet petulant and intent on giving away silly fouls at times.
Isn't he 17 yrs old? I may be wrong - I'm on a packed metro and can't be arsed searching! If he is then that's no different to any other 17 yr old

Isn't he 17 yrs old? I may be wrong - I'm on a packed metro and can't be arsed searching! If he is then that's no different to any other 17 yr old

I believe He is 19, Adams is 23 I think and Bellingham is 19 too.
We need midfielders who can join us and contribute immediately and with already another 19yr old Elliot who at times can be a passenger, I don’t think we can afford another one.

England actually established some control after Henderson was introduced (to much chagrin in blogosphere, by the way.) He calmed everyone down and actually tried to stick up some attacks.

Neville was actually up in arms at Trent not playing.

I only saw the last 15 live as was at indoor cricket but every time I heard Neville even when Trent was previously in top form, he always seemed to caveat his with a list of reasons why he can’t play for England as if England can’t find a place for a player like Trent.

I only saw the last 15 live as was at indoor cricket but every time I heard Neville even when Trent was previously in top form, he always seemed to caveat his with a list of reasons why he can’t play for England as if England can’t find a place for a player like Trent.
Nah that isn't his current stance. He couldn't believe that Southgate continued with Trippier over 'world class' Trent and that he didn't even sub him on. Says France would be starting him.

At 5:00

Last edited:
To the point that you'd have an untried Scottish teenager playing over the League's premier assist merchant? That's the madness I read on here.

You're talking about assists, I talk about defending.

Read properly first, then start to hyperventilate.

The press and media are having to tread carefully here after going completely overboard after the victory over Iran.
This is what happens, England are billed as potential champions after cruiseing into the world cup because they've beaten teams like San Marino and Andorra. "There are no easy games in international football anymore" err, you just played against a bunch of postmen and plumbers while you're on 200k a week, there are easy games. Then when they play against someone decent they get spanked.

Australia v Tunisia is a low quality product. Still, there’s at least some endeavour in trying to a goal even if the final third play is lacking.

Come on lads, TAA us a defensive liability. He's half arsed, and causes us to lose big games. It's his lack of defensive nous that gifted RM that CL winner

Terrific going forward, amazing passer, and yes, the attacking dimension is why he's letting in so many goals but I don't see Tsimikas or JR being so porous on the other side.

Overrated these days and good decision by Southgate in his current form

They aren't self-entitled, they just aren't that great, and they have a manager who doesn't have a fucking clue. None at all. And most of them will know that, because most of them have had genuinely top class managers.

Fair point.

But then i look at Grealish, Sterling and chums...Nah not buying it. Self-entitled and overhyped top top top top top intergalactic players.

This is what happens, England are billed as potential champions after cruiseing into the world cup because they've beaten teams like San Marino and Andorra. "There are no easy games in international football anymore" err, you just played against a bunch of postmen and plumbers while you're on 200k a week, there are easy games. Then when they play against someone decent they get spanked.
You mean like beating Denmark, Germany and drawing with Italy at the Euros?

Come on lads, TAA us a defensive liability. He's half arsed, and causes us to lose big games. It's his lack of defensive nous that gifted RM that CL winner

Terrific going forward, amazing passer, and yes, the attacking dimension is why he's letting in so many goals but I don't see Tsimikas or JR being so porous on the other side.

But Robertson has been at times too.
Causes us to lose big games? There's 10 other players who were on the pitch when we lost those big games. He has always been defensively suspect and has been ten fold worse this season but how many big hames has he helped us win down to his contribution too? It's a bit unfair to focus on a negative part of Trent's game when ignoring his positive contributions. So far his career stats at 245 games is 15 goals and 62 assists. None of those big games then?
Klopp likes a certain kind of Full back to play a certain kind of way, to tear down a young lad who was build purposely for our system and a local one at that just seems rather counter productive.

You are wrong. There are times when you desperately need a goal and having players who can create one with a piece of brilliance, proven over and over, is the difference between top teams and the also-rans. Knowing when to use those players and when to gamble is key to international management, Southgate seems to be pulling his head in, likely because he is very conservative and in this game was happy enough with a point, knowing beating Wales wins the group.

Fair point.

But then i look at Grealish, Sterling and chums...Nah not buying it. Self-entitled and overhyped top top top top top intergalactic players.
This squad probably has the least self entitled lot of players I have probably seen for England. I don't think they are anymore then so called football fans who feel entitled to year after year of success and get on back of young players who seem to be struggling for point scoring rather than hope they can work through it and get back to their best,

Who is the summariser on ITV? Lad’s thicker than a plank and describing a different match altogether.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom