• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup of the Damned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only watched the last 15 mins - it seems that was exactly the right thing to do as Brazil & Switzerland laid on one borefest of a shit show. Superb goal by Casemiro though - he needs to use them all up in this tournament.

Hope Nunez is on form this evening. Crazy as a box of frogs, and a couple of goals …
I look forward to seeing him play. Hope he doesn’t disappoint.

Spot on Martin, spot on...
206c813b85aade9071689c99f0a123b7.jpg

That’s some super fancy white trainers the Uruguay coach is sporting, more interesting than the football they play anyway.

Last edited:
Nunez should have been playing now with the attacking players they’ve got on. He was paired with useless Cavani a defensive set up.

Coming into this tournament, I enjoyed the Uruguay squad video and, seeing as they have a couple of our current/former mad bastards, was supporting them. But I hope Ghana do them, they're boring.

Coming into this tournament, I enjoyed the Uruguay squad video and, seeing as they have a couple of our current/former mad bastards, was supporting them. But I hope Ghana do them, they're boring.

I don’t think hope will be required for Ghana to do them - just turning up will be enough.

I want as many African teams to go through as possible - there are few sights more il delightful than watching an African team lose all sense on control, shape and form in a game a playing like they’re as likely to get humped 6-0 as smash a couple past the opposition.

Reminds me of Brazil ‘82 - where defending seemed to be a concept that bypassed the coach and team entirely.

Much better than ticki-tacki sideways passing possession based snoozefest or low block 10 men behind the ball shite that regularly gets served up.

There are only a few things more enthralling - a South American side losing their shit and kicking anything that moves (and some things than don’t) a French or Dutch team having an on-pitch complete team meltdown or England losing on penalties.

Actually, the penalties are an optional added bonus as far as England are concerned.

Another boring WC. Yawnfest. I haven't sat through the entire 90 mins (plus the HUNDREDS OF MINS OF EXTRA TIME) for any matches so far. I've tried, really did, but nah. I ain't wasting a single more min of my precious time and life on this rubbish tournament. Even a 10 min highlights is starting to annoy me. 3-5 mins is just nice. I'm getting old and grumpy.

I've not seen one team that have truly impressed, except for one or two and they were underdog teams.

That being said, it'll be either Brazil, France or Spain as champs. The rest are just plain poo.

The Times reports that Kyle Walker and Jordan Henderson are set to start for England.

Foden to start too it seems (Guardian). That wouldn't surprise me as Mount was crap in the last game.

Hendo for who though? Bellingham?

Last edited:
Another boring WC. Yawnfest. I haven't sat through the entire 90 mins (plus the HUNDREDS OF MINS OF EXTRA TIME) for any matches so far. I've tried, really did, but nah. I ain't wasting a single more min of my precious time and life on this rubbish tournament. Even a 10 min highlights is starting to annoy me. 3-5 mins is just nice. I'm getting old and grumpy.

I've not seen one team that have truly impressed, except for one or two and they were underdog teams.

That being said, it'll be either Brazil, France or Spain as champs. The rest are just plain poo.
Really? I think it's been OK.

The Times reports that Kyle Walker and Jordan Henderson are set to start for England.

Foden to start too it seems (Guardian). That wouldn't surprise me as Mount was crap in the last game.

Hendo for who though? Bellingham?

Walker? Come on Southgate...

Walker's an odd one. He hasn't played any football for a long while, Trippier has been solid enough, and his set pieces are largely the main source of threat we produce. It might just be rotation, but Trent would be a better option.

The midfield upheaval is fair enough. Rice, Bellingham and Mount got crushed against the Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom