• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bournemouth - Post match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mors

Well-Known
We are turning into Kevin Keegan's Newcastle aren't we? It's really happening.
If Klopp goes into the transfer market in Jan it's going to be for an attacker isn't it, that's exactly what Keegan would have done.

We need a GK - Karius isn't even a shot stopper is he. The only way round this I can see is if Mignolet is sold, so we then can get another one in. He's not going to sell Karius obv, and he's not good enough, although the defence infront of him isn't helping at all.
A CB that Klopp rates and ins't there to prop up the numbers - He doesn't have any confidence in Klavan, whether he's too slow or what, and Sakho has obviously banged his wife.
A LB - Milner is great at LB, when we don't have to defend.
A forward to cover for injuries/Mane going for a month - need someone that fits into the system, and can score really.

I really can't understand what's going on at the back, Klopp used to be a defender. He's obviously not drilling the mistakes out of them, and putting all his love into the pressing and attacking side, like he's thinks that if we do that correctly then we'll never ever have to defend for any significant period of time.

I don't think we were that great going forward today really either, we pretty much scored all our decent chances luckily, but didn't create enough of them.

Everyone is allowed a bad day at the office, hopefully this is just a little blip. Keep doing what we're doing with the attack and possession, then he needs to beast the back 5 this week, they really need to get their act together when under pressure.

I don't think the midfield and attacking players helped the defence at all today. In the last half hour whenever we lost possesion on the edge of their box they had four or five players bombing on whilst ours were just jogging back. Having said that the lack of marking or closing down of Cook for their 3rd and 4th goals was awful.
Karuis made one good save and the rest of the time he was involved he was all over the place. He looks like an outfield player playing in goal after the keeper has been sent off.

And its Andy Carroll and West Ham set pieces next weekend. What fun...

I've noticed a really strange kind of Trump US-style anti-intellectualism on here from the usual quarters. It's bewildering

The anger and outrage when clever people posit theories and make certain hypotheses including -

We aren't clinical enough with the chances we create; we cannot control the tempo of a game and manage it to our advantage; our defence is jittery and offers any team a real chance to get back into a game and score; a shit goalkeeper who is vulnerable to crosses and shots; too many of our players are slow, and/ or average finishers; we should have spent money on a new striker, defender and midfielder -

All obvious areas for discussion, and yet any such attempt is met with simian outrage which is only worsened when it all becomes obvious - belatedly - even to them, that almost all of it is actually right

So, for the avoidance of doubt, here goes:

We were 3-1 up vs fucking Bournemouth, and lost 3-4.

There's a problem or two in there somewhere

Discuss

I've noticed a Trump-like inability to focus on details, and just parrot inaccuracies to pursue an obvious agenda ... I sincerely hope it stops - it bores the shit out of me. If I want that, I"ll just go on FB ...

• Firmino can only really play as the centrla striker in the 4-3-3, or a support striker in a 4-4-2 etc, or he's just not good. The movement that creates so many opportunities is negated when he's on the flank, as he showed so well today. He was kak
  • Karius - I want to remain optimistic ... De Gea is my recent example for a difficult first year followed by a excellent career. Will it happen here? I dunno ... Our luck with keepers hasn't been great since Pep started slumping.
  • Lovren isn't consistent enough to be a top 3 CB at this club ... He's good on his day, even great ... but too many mental lapses .... That 1st goal should have never happened.
  • Origi will be a regular 20+ goal a season striker for us ...
  • Mane seems to turn off in games ... Wasn't that what Soton fans complained about last year?
  • TOUGH tough loss. It will be interesting to see how the team bounces back against a physical, big, angry (Bilic will destroy them this week) West Ham. A win and we'll forget this shit.

Matip is head and shoulders the most important player at the club.

It's not Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge or Mane. Without Matip, we could score goal after goal after goal (after goal) and still lose.

Its not that it isnt worth discussing. Its more the quacking on about some points you think you've got right, and its being dragged up at every opportunity. Cause I guess you get about 10-20% of stuff right.

So its more like "clever". Its just pointless discussing anything.

I've noticed a really strange kind of Trump US-style anti-intellectualism on here from the usual quarters. It's bewildering

The anger and outrage when clever people posit theories and make certain hypotheses including -

We aren't clinical enough with the chances we create; we cannot control the tempo of a game and manage it to our advantage; our defence is jittery and offers any team a real chance to get back into a game and score; a shit goalkeeper who is vulnerable to crosses and shots; too many of our players are slow, and/ or average finishers; we should have spent money on a new striker, defender and midfielder -

All obvious areas for discussion, and yet any such attempt is met with simian outrage which is only worsened when it all becomes obvious - belatedly - even to them, that almost all of it is actually right

Discuss

But some posters are only here to have a pop at the posters who only post after a loss!! They have absolutely nothing else to offer to the site, the irony of it.

But some posters are only here to have a pop at the posters who only post after a loss!! They have absolutely nothing else to offer to the site, the irony of it.
Thank god for your suggestion that everyone should watch the Rocky movies.
The forum was lost before you arrived back.
We were denied all the good things in life.

Discuss

@manwithnoname - agree totally on the issue of not been clinical enough - but today I think it had more to do with the half arsed nature of some of our players after being in control of the game. It happened exactly as Klopp described it in his post match interview. Even when we were 2-0 up at no point did I feel comfortable with the way the team were strolling around like a bunch of pussies who thought that this game was going to be easy. If anything that should have been learnt from our European cup final defeat last season is that if we are so much in control in the first half - you can bet your bottom bollox that the opposition team coming out for the second half is going to have a different attitude.

I also don't think Origi is an average finisher - he was crowded out like most good strikers are - he has played in 3 games for the longest period of time this season and scored three goals in succession. No problem - it is just that failure to really kill of the team when in front that is bothering me more - the team can do it at Anfield with the crowd behind their back - but not so much away from home it seems. This was a game we really did throw away - I could forgive this team if they had lost to United, Southampton, and Sunderland but today is really bad in every way because they as a unit let it slip.

Also might I add that you seem (@manwithnoname) rather chuffed that we lost as it seems in your head it highlights what is wrong with our team that you have been banging on about. Today - was none of those reasons - it was all about the wrong attitude from the team. They don't have the right to be arrogant when the game is not over.

It's mostly the same weak players that crumbled under Brendan Rodgers with a few additions. The core have proven they will crumble when under pressure. The fa cup semi final comes to mind.

Just saw the highlights again. Insane mental break down after 76 mins.
Lovren with two awful mistakes for both 2-3 and the shite free kick he gave away for 3-3.
Karius should have saved both the 2-3 and the 4-3.

What makes it even worse is that the ball was 90-95% over the line at 1-3. 1-4 and its game over.
Instead a full break down and 3 conceded goals.

Hard one to take this. Will be a real test of character how we respond against West Ham.
Need Matip back, thats for sure.

It's mostly the same weak players that crumbled under Brendan Rodgers with a few additions. The core have proven they will crumble when under pressure. The fa cup semi final comes to mind.

yes was thinking that - only Gini was the different one when Mane went off. There was no way he was going to make the significant difference. I thought Firminio was very poor today and should have been taken off - he lost the ball many times and its when I think one of the youngsters should have been put on.

Klopp's right, to say the least...

“We have to accept that and we have to learn from it. We will do, for sure. Everything will be good again, but it doesn't feel like that right now.”

It's always a nasty one to lose from 1-3 so I understand the anger. I'll not be pointing any fingers at posters who act like the usual bellends they are. I will say though I thought Karius was fucking shit!

id at the very least suggest that mignolet deserves another chance as karius doesn't seem to be a the right level so far

I actually don't think we did a Lot wrong , it was hopefully an experience klopp and the squad will learn from. How to control a match and kill it off , its something top sides can all do

If Klopp is saying what he really thinks, that the team "stopped playing football" and that's why we lost, then it's 100% his fault. He takes all the praise when the team "play football" and win, so when the reverse happens, he has to take the blame.

He 'won' this game (winning 3-1 after 75 mins), then threw it all away by doing nothing to counter-act the improvement in Bournemouth. His only change was Lallana on for Mane when we were 3-1 up. After that he just stood there ranting and gurning.

If he'd shut the game down at 3-1 everyone would be praising him and thinking he's got what it takes; great attacking play and great tactical changes when needed.

The reverse of that, which we saw today, is to realise Klopp is great at attacking and scoring but he seems just as clueless as Rodgers at changing the team to see the game out when needed.

As Ferguson, Mourinho and even The Tinkerman have proved, winning ugly is often the key difference in the title race. The fact Klopp did nothing to affect the mindset or team performance once Bournemouth got on top should be a worry for everyone.

Once you change a keeper you need to stick with him and work with him to improve. It shouldn't have happened, in my opinion. Karius should have been played in the reserves and in the cup games and made to prove he was ready. But as he's been made first choice, the decision has been made. If anyone experienced the horror of the Grobbelaar/James/Hooper/Friedel era, they'd know - nothing good comes from chopping and changing. Do you really think Mignolet would come back in and improve if someone says, 'Yeah, I still think you're not what I need, but your replacement isn't good, so come back in until he improves, or I sign someone else...' Do you think he'd shine? He wouldn't. He'd go backwards. If you've chosen your keeper, stick with him and accept the responsibility for what happens.

When the final whistle went I'd have loved to have strangled every one of them because they were all to blame for that capitulation. Not just Lucas, not just Lovren, not just Karius. Firmino for doing nothing all game, Origi for shitting out of the header that led to the goal, Milner for giving away a pen, Mane for trotting down the wing instead of giving it the full bifters. Every one of that team was culpable.

But now I'm looking at it as it was one of those games. I've never been deluded enough to think we are even in with a shout of the title. Yes it's a totally shit result but we're still up there and in the mix.

The squad, especially the defence is paper thin and just not good enough yet. The fact we're bemoaning the absence of Matip and have to play a central midfielder as a centre back as a replacement is proof enough. Klopp really needs to address that, a left back and a striker over the next two transfer windows.

It's always a nasty one to lose from 1-3 so I understand the anger. I'll not be pointing any fingers at posters who act like the usual bellends they are. I will say though I thought Karius was fucking shit!

He actually hangs his hands out as if to say where the hell were ya.

Didn't watch the game, but blaming the attack seems odd. We scored 3 goals. Any decent side wouldn't then concede 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom