• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Carroll - 15m fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Carroll does what's best for him (& us) and moves on ... take a little bit less money, and play every day and perhaps develop into the player @gkmacca believes you can be.

If this transfer goes through in the next few days, then it might be sooner than we think. We seem keen to add this Greek lad ASAP ahead of interest elsewhere.

What is it with us buying injured players? Aquilani, Carroll now this Greek lad.

I just hope Carroll does what's best for him (& us) and moves on ... take a little bit less money, and play every day and perhaps develop into the player @gkmacca believes you can be.

I do think he's a good player, when he's on fire he's unplayable, he maybe doesn't fit what we want to be, but if it wasn't for the price and the hefty wages I'd have kept him as an option. Wrong club, wrong time etc.

tumblr_lnywt3zq3c1qipc3xo1_250.jpg

@LfcDan: The Times say that Carroll is "understood to have made the move permanent". Read into that what you will.

He was fairly obviously after leaving on the interview on MOTD.

I would have hoped for a couple of million more, but I think this suits all parties. Shame, because I think he has potential to be a good player, but I suppose we do need better. This is only a good move if we sign somebody better than him, though.

It's probably £12m guaranteed then, rising to 15.5m if certain conditions are met.

It's probably £12m guaranteed then, rising to 15.5m if certain conditions are met.

Yep, that sounds about right. Probably the best deal we can get at the moment.
Hopefully we wont have to pay to much of his wages.

Transfer could come back to haunt us, still think there is very good player in there and he is young enough to improve.

The permanent deal offered last year included a pay rise for him from West Ham.

Not that it really matters to any of us anyways.

were they not paying Kieran Dyer 80 thousand a week? fuck them they can pay Carroll that too

He's on 80-90k a week isnt he, I doubt WH will offer that. He'll want it from us one way or another if he goes, imho.

Surely if we sell he negotiates his terms with his new club. If we are paying part of his wages then we need to downgrade the supposed 15m that is being talked about.

right on cue -

The forward is likely to be unfit for at least another six weeks after picking up a heel injury that will curtail his international progress.
The nine-times capped Carroll was included in Roy Hodgson's England squad for the forthcoming friendlies with the Republic of Ireland and Brazil, but pulled out and will miss another opportunity to stake his claim to be involved in the World Cup qualifiers against Moldova and Ukraine in September.

So yeah , take the 15m and run !!!

Hopefully he agrees to go, its in his best interests, but then he has a habit of not doing whats in his best interests. 15 million is realistically the best we can hope for, forget what we paid for him that was the worst piece of business ever. Hes not good enough for us, not going to be good enough for us lets draw a line under happily take the money and move on to a Carroll free existance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom