• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

GAA on Sky Sports

ILD

Very Well-Known
Did any of our non Irish members get a chance to catch any of the hurling at the weekend on Sky Sports?

The twitter reaction has been good. Some baffled by the rules and sheer 'violence' of it all. A few asked was being on goal voluntary or some sort of punishment.

Haven't seen any of the actual coverage, but yeah the twitter reaction was hilarious.

Bit of a fallout from the Cavan-Armagh game, espesh the fan swinging a punch. Not a good look.

Yeah heard there was a dust up alright.

Pity Sky didn't show the Waterford Cork game. I think people would have been baffled at the Waterford's keeper attempt to stop Anthony Nash's effort. I'll throw up some links later.

One guy was tweeting asking what team will he support? Is Kilkenny too obvious? Be great if it catches on.

Here's the save:

Reaction was great for the hurling. I have a feeling they may opt for a hurling only option in a few years, I can't see there being much interest in the football.

You gotta love the jostling in the clip. No one wants to be the one who throws the first punch so they are doing the usual OTT 'shoulder barging' to rile people up.

You gotta love the jostling in the clip. No one wants to be the one who throws the first punch so they are doing the usual OTT 'shoulder barging' to rile people up.

Yeah, and not a booking in sight.

I reckon O'Keefe has a hell of a sore arse today.

Ha, just found it:
OKeefe-leg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom