• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we’re ever signing a RB - there’s Trent, Bradley, Gomez, Ramsay and I racking RB is Badgers way into the team.

This idea that we’re going to move Trent into midfield permanently - I really don’t see it as anything other than an in game option - because it’s completely at odds with how we’re setting the team up - one of the FB’s needs to invert to and the whole point of Trent’s current role is he’s supposed to operate deep.
However - Xabi will move him pronto because he can't play as one of the back three !

Last edited:
Yeah - given the managerial and systemic change that’s going to happen with an entire new coaching team coming in, then absolutely everything could change.

Included in that is senior players leaving that we’d never thought possible because they think the time’s now right to move on.

You can probably chuck Trent on that list.

Frimpong has a 40m clause in the summer, perfect gift for Xabi and then move Trent to DM

It's been mentioned here before, but we're possibly after 18 year old Swedish winger Momodou Sonko.
The player is a bit coy about it, understandably.

In the article he mentions that he keeps hearing about the rumours from his friends and it's annoying him.

- I have some (friends) who are Liverpool fans and some are Barça fans. They want me to go to the club they support. It's kind of funny.

- I get a lot written to me from my friends. It's fun at first but it can be a bit much too.

– I just laugh and tell them to calm down. It's as simple as that.

And if Klopp calls...?

- If he were to call privately, I'd laugh. It is quite unlikely.
- It's easier for him to reach my agents than me. I haven't received that call anyway.

Apparently his team (Häcken) has already rejected bids form him. They're asking for around £8 million.
The other teams looking to sign him are Barcelona, RB Leipzig, Bologna, Ajax, PSV Eindhoven, Anderlecht and Club Brugge.

Source in Swedish:

He joined Gent

Unless the new manager has already been lined up, and everything agreed pending an announcement, we're surely not going to be buying/announcing interest in any player, until he's installed. Also now explains why we didn't make any moves this month.

Fulham rejected Monaco's 13m euros bid in the summer for him.

mentioned him before but he isn't anything more than 3rd choice. Not sure there's any list of potential targets until the SD, Manager and coaching staff have been recruited. The SD has to convince players like VVD to stay, and who should leave

Is this the most boring Jan window in recent memory? Can't think of any transfers apart from Werner and that Romanian defender to Spurs, Dier to Bayern and Kalvin Philips to West Ham

Is this the most boring Jan window in recent memory? Can't think of any transfers apart from Werner and that Romanian defender to Spurs, Dier to Bayern and Kalvin Philips to West Ham
Sellers market... exorbitant prices

It’s times like these we need to send our thought and prayers to Bluebell as he navigates this difficult window of transfer inactivity.

It must be hard not seeing any transfers!!!!

It’s times like these we need to send our thought and prayers to Bluebell as he navigates this difficult window of transfer inactivity.

It must be hard not seeing any transfers!!!!
Don't think I've ranted about transfers this window... we've escaped heavy injuries in Jan and besides with Klopp leaving, its all secondary.

Fluminense's club president has confirmed that Liverpool tried to sign midfielder Andre.

The Reds were consistently linked with the Brazilian during the summer transfer window.

Eventually, he stayed with the Brazilian team, as no side in Europe made a big enough offer.

Discussing this saga, Mario Bittencourt said, “We had an offer for André of €30m from Liverpool and we said 'no' because we had agreed with the player that we wouldn't sell him because we wanted to win the Libertadores.

“Since then, we've had a second offer, from an English club, for well under €30m, which we turned down because we felt it was below what Fluminense expects for the player.

“The situation doesn't worry us because the relationship with André and Carlos Leite (the player's manager) is very good. They both agreed to stay and both understood that he has to go somewhere he wants to go."

Andre seems like a distant memory ago, think we've rinsed our hands a few times over with that one now.

2 weeks ago tomorrow I would've said we had plans to integrate Morton into the first team (until at least Baj was able to make a return), sadly now I think those plans have been scuppered and could find himself out the door in the summer.

Lol, we pulled Jamal Lewis on Fluminense. No way another team is paying €30m

Nottingham Forest's bid rejected

Koumentio to Blackburn on loan? Blackburn, Bolton, Hull (earlier, Preston) seems like our preferred clubs when it comes to doing loan deals.

Last edited:

Untitled.jpg

"Video Analyst of: David Wagner (85 Games), Danny Cowley (40 Games), Jan Siewert (19 Games), Carlos Corberán (10 Games), Mark Hudson (4 Games), Danny Schofield (1 Game)

Video Analyst of: Alex Neil (72 Games)

Video Analyst of: Chris Hughton (35 Games), Sami Hyypiä (26 Games), Nathan Jones (2 Games)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom