• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him when he would come in for a game or two and did well. I think he was largely bang average whilst Robbo was out. He wasted so many attacks and moments down his side during his period. It just cemented in my mind that he doesn't have what it takes, and we should move on and give someone else with a higher ceiling a chance.

Yeah, but is that because it takes a few games to find rhythm?

Endo took a while to bed in, Jota regularly looks gash until he has a few games (look at his record last season). Gakpo & Mac A have been in and out and not hit form.

I’m with @Fabio I think it’s a nonsense to talk about selling him.

Actually, do you know it is - it’s a thing where the transfer crazies are so desperate for their transfer fix, the need us to start selling players we don’t need to sell and that don’t want to go, so as they can either get their transfer fix or more likely get enraged when we don’t sign loads of new players.

He’s not goin to fetch big money, given a few games he’ll put in good performances and he’s not going to cry about bing on the bench.

We’d be changing for the sake of changing without necessarily improving.

Yeah, but is that because it takes a few games to find rhythm?

Endo took a while to bed in, Jota regularly looks gash until he has a few games (look at his record last season). Gakpo & Mac A have been in and out and not hit form.

I’m with @Fabio I think it’s a nonsense to talk about selling him.

Actually, do you know it is - it’s a thing where the transfer crazies are so desperate for their transfer fix, the need us to start selling players we don’t need to sell and that don’t want to go, so as they can either get their transfer fix or more likely get enraged when we don’t sign loads of new players.

He’s not goin to fetch big money, given a few games he’ll put in good performances and he’s not going to cry about bing on the bench.

We’d be changing for the sake of changing without necessarily improving.

I'm not even desperate to replace him. We need players we can sell to keep the income flowing. He would be third choice LB for me now.

They don't have to be backup.

I'm just saying we can take the opportunity to strengthen if and where it makes sense. If that means Beck, Morton or whoever don't get their shot... well, it's competitive at the top.

City - perhaps a bad example given the strength of their financial position but that's who we're competing against - had Palmer coming up and signed Haaland and Alvarez anyway because they were deemed too good to pass up on.

We don't have the luxury of spending money for the sake of it but neither should we once again be complacent. Buy from a position of strength and take opportunities if / when they arise.

If, for example, there is an amazing LB that we can get but it means pushing one of Robertson / Tsimikas to the bench / out the door... it's worth considering.

It's all a bit of a moot point because I don't think we'll do that. Klopp will hang on to players as long as he can and FSG are prudent spenders. Just arguing the toss.

I agree in principle - but not in reality, I suppose.

I think we’ll keep Tsimikas, give Beck some opportunities and then it’s down to Robbo to decide whether he wants to stay, keep going, possibly play less over time or whether he wants a new challenge.

That’s our way - as long as your contributing and committed, you stay - and you can stay till your contract runs out.

If you fancy a new challenge - then you can go whenever you want.

But, we’ve created a team that people don’t really want to leave because… why would you.

All for strengthening, but in the right way.

I'm not eager to get rid at all, I just think we might.

He's a good player and good enough to be a first choice.

However, Robertson is very much first choice for us, and now Gomez has put himself in the picture for left back as well (and his versatility makes him a better squad member).

If everyone is happy and we don't need to sell anyone then fine, happy for all of them to stay obviously, but if we do need to sell then Tsimikas is an obvious candidate.
All more than fair. I've not seen anything yet that we need to sell to buy, so I was a bit thrown that people were naming him unprovoked. He probably is a strong sellable asset; I just don't think we should

I'm not even desperate to replace him. We need players we can sell to keep the income flowing. He would be third choice LB for me now.

I don’t think we’re in that spot where we need to sell to keep income high - we’ve done good job managing wages and spending within our means, so that we don’t need to spend, but can if we find a deal which suits.

I know Gomez is doing great as a FB, but we have Robbo & Greek Scouser at LB, with Trent and Bradley at RB - I also think Badger’s way into the team is at RB.

We know Trent and Virgil will generally start if fit, Konate is probably the first choice CB and up until this season Robbo would be locked in at LB.

It’s not certain he’ll get another opportunity at FB - you’d have to think Gomez will revert to primarily being a CB at some point.

After a rocky start, I believe Van den Berg has started to really show some form - there were stats posted somewhere that suggested he was doing very well.

… it’s time to send up the Binny Signal @King Binny - help us you’re our only hope!!!
Other than his pace which was highlighted in the forum

he is also showing his aerial ability with his move to a more central position this season

Untitled.jpg

Untitled3.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

Is his passing really as bad as it comes across or is that more reflective of Mainz's struggles this season collectively? Like how does he compare with the other 2 CB's he plays with?

Not to rain on the VDB parade but...

I'm not usually a fan of when CB's keep back pedalling like that but when it's a 3 on 3 break like that and the other 2 CB's are tracking the runs of the other 2 attackers, as the defender being closest to the guy with the ball you have to make a judgement call whether to dive in, potentially giving a dangerous free kick away and picking up a booking or keeping the defensive structure and hoping the attacker either makes the wrong choice.

has the falloff been that great?

He's another Ansu Fati, completely riddled with injuries.....his form has dropped off ever since he had a falling out with the USMT coach and was sent home early at the WC.

He's another Ansu Fati, completely riddled with injuries.....his form has dropped off ever since he had a falling out with the USMT coach and was sent home early at the WC.
High risk/reward deal I guess, they hope to fix him up and sell him like they do on those shows on the Discovery Channel.

A new name for Binny to polish up and give us the low down: Bilal El Khannouss

Apparently we are interested along with Xabi's Leverkusen.

19 years old... Between €30-40m

We're supposedly interested in the 17 year old Brazilian with a clause of £42m. Didn't post anything on it, as we never go beyond the designated leagues anymore

Any rumours about us signing a midfielder is bogus imo. Unless it's u17 player.

(y);)

You guys should see him play in the AFCON hasn't started yet for Morocco but he's definitely a talented kid. Came on in the second half in both games and looked really good.
They play tonight, but unfortunately it's the same time as the cup semi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom