• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lazar Markovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was shit the other night.
Im massively concerned we have buggered up our transfers.

Lallana and Lovren aside im unconvinced we have added sufficient quality to replace the third best player in the world.
If we concede 10 less with Lovren in the side we still need to add 20 more somewhere and thats just to finish second.

We still need a lot more to compete and I mean players who will come in and push straight into the first team.
Sturridge cannot win this league on his own.

I'm worried too mate. I'm going to give it another week or two before panic sets in. Hopefully we sign someone out of the blue. Someone who swags in and can win us games. A realistic target ala Reus if that player exists out there.

Classic Fifa Goal.

Ha! It used to be a regular occurrence in our house at uni but started on Pro Evo and when it was taken to FIFA it prompted phrases like "You Pro Evving Bastard" etc.

Kid is pretty young and raw the moment - reckon it'll take until next season till we see the best of him.

Imperative that we get some first team proven talent in.

The simple fact is that at present
This:
Mignolet
Flanagan
Skrtel
Sakho
Johnson
Henderson
Gerrard
Coutinho
Sterling
Sturridge
Suarez

Is better than anything we can put out next season and we only finished second.

We're relying heavily on Sturridge having another good season, and Lambert, Markovic, sterling and Coutinho to pick up the missing Suarez goals.

Risky, but we've got young players there who should be aiming to improve on last season's tally.

I'm not convinced we're going to get world class talent

This:
Mignolet
Flanagan
Skrtel
Sakho
Johnson
Henderson
Gerrard
Coutinho
Sterling
Sturridge
Suarez

So we've lost 1 player from that team? Would have been quicker to just type that.

Quicker but less impactful.

Ive got bags of faith in Mr Rodgers hes the fucking mack but he has to have something to work with.
As ive said im happy with Lallana and Lovren and even Can looks a good player but 20m on Markovic looks steep and given he plays in the same position as Sterling/Coutinho/Lallana it looks a lot to fix something that wasnt broken.
Ive only seen him play once in a friendly though so maybe im way off base.

We really do need a forward though.

I thought Markovic was a case of buying him now before we miss out and he ends up at Chelsea/City/ManU/Barca/Real.

Anyway, with Suarez going it will hopefully have the same effect as Gerrard's injury last season when Henderson stepped up. Pressure is onto Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho and hopefuly some other big shot to do it with Can & Markovic playing their part.

Ive got bags of faith in Mr Rodgers hes the fucking mack but he has to have something to work with.
As ive said im happy with Lallana and Lovren and even Can looks a good player but 20m on Markovic looks steep and given he plays in the same position as Sterling/Coutinho/Lallana it looks a lot to fix something that wasnt broken.

I dunno. You buy good players to replace and it's not the fucking car-crash some are expecting.

United sold Ronaldo for 80M odd, who'd scored what, 40 goals in his last season? They went on and won the league twice in the 3 seasons after that. Same with Van Nistelrooy, they sold him and that was taking monster goals out of the side, replaced him with Carrick and went and won the league that year.

It might not be the end of the fucking world.

What missing goals are people talking about ? We conceded way more last season than we should have done, that cost us the title , not scoring more goals.

This:
Mignolet
Flanagan
Skrtel
Sakho
Johnson
Henderson
Gerrard
Coutinho
Sterling
Sturridge
Suarez

Personally I would happily take another second finish next season.
In fact I would be tempted to accept forth at this point.
This coming season in my opinion should be about cementing our place in the Champions league again and preparing to become genuine contenders in all trophies we enter, without becoming the new Arsenal

Okay let's just not concede so many and all of a sudden we just need one or two players to up their conversion rate?

We're relying heavily on Sturridge having another good season, and Lambert, Markovic, sterling and Coutinho to pick up the missing Suarez goals.

Risky, but we've got young players there who should be aiming to improve on last season's tally.

I'm not convinced we're going to get world class talent

Okay let's just not concede so many and all of a sudden we just need one or two players to up their conversion rate?

The ones that Suarez won't create or score this year.

Try this thread here ;)

http://sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/goals-goals-glorious-goals.52249/

If only it was that simple. We've lost our only world class player, and yes we looked to have sorted some of our issues at the back, but not enough to suddenly turn us suddenly stop conceding more than Suarez was responsible for last season.

We're still miles behind in attacking, we need to get someone who can actually make things happen for us, and I just don't think we're going to get them.

Undoubtedly losing Suarez is going to make our first 11 worse but I don't think it will be that bad if coutinho, sterling, hendo all continue their upward trajectories as well as can, Lazar and lovren Hitting the ground running.. Yes I'm pinning my hopes on 6 different players upping the ante. .

Its not just Suarez goals though is it?
He occupies 2 or 3 defenders, he creates space, he was our one world class talent and the one player we had who could consistently do something ridiculous to change a game.

We are going to face at least 30 games this year with packed defenses and teams happy to take a point.
I cannot see how (unless Coutinho and Sterling suddenly become world class overnight) we are in a position to deal with that, let alone dealing with Sturridge innevitable adsences.

Im not panicing at all, there is loads of time but we need to bring in some proven world class talent to replace Suarez or we will find ourselves frustrated a lot of the time.

Personally I would happily take another second finish next season.
In fact I would be tempted to accept forth at this point.
This coming season in my opinion should be about cementing our place in the Champions league again and preparing to become genuine contenders in all trophies we enter, without becoming the new Arsenal

I was going to say the same thing.

I think any expectation to build on last season and push for the league title is unrealistic personally. I'd love to be proven wrong but it does feel like last year was a bit of a freak where things sort of just came together for us (and we should've won the fucking thing but we've done that) and this year will be a different story.

Success this season for me would be giving a decent account of ourselves in the CL and finishing in the top 4 again.

Do we have the players to do that? I don't know. It's hard to say how everything will come together for us with all the new faces and we'll also have to see to what extent the clubs around us have improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom