• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s fell the Forrest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Hard to argue with the same team starting bar any knocks after a 5 day rest.

Obvious temptation to bring in Thiago, Diaz and Nunez but I’d let this new confidence roll.
With Harvey and Firmino we have a strong bench for the first time in ages.

We owe Forrest an absolute pasting!

To late to get 4th but enough time to convince people it’s not doom and gloom going into summer!

Becker
TAA
Ibou
VVD
Robbo
Jones
Henderson
Fabs
Jota
Salah
Gakpo

Last edited:
Jota was shite for first 30 or so mins. I would get Darwin on, perhaps the increased competition will force a great level of clinical finishing from him.

I'd still like Nunez to start, however with Jota bagging a brace and assist, I can't grumble as much
Ya I think I Jota is a streaky confidence player, if he can bounce back with 5 days rest then start him.

Jota was shite for first 30 or so mins. I would get Darwin on, perhaps the increased competition will force a great level of clinical finishing from him.

He was genuinely awful (and not loads better in previous performances) in that first half but in the second he looked great.

I'd keep him in and see if he can keep things going.

Besides, I think Klopp likes Jota because he is a team player. I'm not sure he knows quite what to do with Nunez yet.

Think it would be harsh to drop him after an assist and 2 goals!

Team I'd like to see start:

Ali
Ibou Virgil Robbo
Trent Milner
Thiago
Salah Gakpo Diaz
Nunez

But I'm 95% sure be the same team....call me crazy for only accounting 5% for someone that started last night being injured.

Too late to get 4th but enough time to convince people it’s not doom and gloom going into summer!
If we could win our remaining matches - not out of the question as we'll definitely start favourites in all of them - we have a chance of catching Newcastle as they still have Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and a tough away game at Everton amongst their remaining matches. Highly unlikely of course but it's not yet done and dusted. 9 points off them but we'd probably have a superior GD if we did catch them.

What's the jinx impact of being unable to spell the opposition's name?

I don't care really as there is no such thing as a jinx.
It’s a play on their name and a metaphor for what’s to come. I thought they have been decent so far.

Arsenal match thread - Let’s take them up the ARSEnal! (Didn’t happen til the 35 min mark)
Leeds match thread - Let’s Leeds them up the garden path (Worked quiet well)
Notts Forest match thread - Let’s fell the Forest ( Let’s chop them down to size and clear them out)

Last edited:
It’s a play on their name and a metaphor for what’s to come. I thought they have been decent so far.

Arsenal match thread - Let’s take them up the ARSEnal! (Didn’t happen til the 35 min mark)
Leeds match thread - Let’s Leeds them up the garden path (Worked quiet well)
Notts Forest match thread - Let’s fell the Forrest ( Let’s chop them down to size and clear them out)

what the fuck you talking about? What’s a Forrest?

In times like these we need a type of Forrest Gump to be our hero. Cos you never know what you gonna get.

Plus DB’s on a bit of a roll and I’d like to believe he’s learnt his lesson of not cashing out anymore. Time to give him a chance.

-----------------------Alisson------------------------
--------Konate-------VVD--------------Robbo----
-----------Trent------Fabinho----------------------
--Henderson-----------------------------Jones-------------
----------Salah------Gakpo--------Jota-----------

I'd go again. Klopp called it the performance of the year, so it wouldn't feel right to drop anyone.

It's tempting to bring Thiago in, but with Trent picking up the midfield playmaker role, the greater athleticism and pressing of Jones will provide a better balance and allow us to get on the front foot. Thiago can come in when Fabiano's granddad legs give up in the 55th minute. Jota deserved to contract to be ripped up at HT, but you can't argue with 2 goals and an assist from a LWF. I would keep him in for now, but expect a more complete performance.

Being able to bring on Nunez, Diaz, Thiago and Firmino against tired legs is a really strong position to be in

Last edited:
you fuckers - why are you picking on my main man Pat?
he's doing things with fucking HIGH LEVEL jinx magic and you guys are QUESTIONING him!?!?!?

Would normally swap Jota for Nunez but Jota is a player that needs to keep playing to give him a chance to rediscover his form.
What a bench though…
Fun bobby, Mad Dog and Diaz and we are still struggling for 6th. Feels like we turned up for about 5 games this season.

He was genuinely awful (and not loads better in previous performances) in that first half but in the second he looked great.

I'd keep him in and see if he can keep things going.

Besides, I think Klopp likes Jota because he is a team player. I'm not sure he knows quite what to do with Nunez yet.

He was MotM if you watch the game as a whole. He wins the ball back to get us on the break for both the 2nd and 4th goals, which is something we've been badly missing lately. If Nunez or Diaz has to come in I'd give Gakpo a rest and keep Jota in the team.

Would normally swap Jota for Nunez but Jota is a player that needs to keep playing to give him a chance to rediscover his form.
What a bench though…
Fun bobby, Mad Dog and Diaz and we are still struggling for 6th. Feels like we turned up for about 5 games this season.

Mostly as half the players you have mentioned have been injured for 3/4s of it, along with one of the players who has seen them relegated to the bench.

Mostly as half the players you have mentioned have been injured for 3/4s of it, along with one of the players who has seen them relegated to the bench.

Don’t disagree, but don’t think that’s not one the reasons why we are out CL and top 4 though.
We just haven’t played well enough against side below us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom