• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Poll Little rat

Prefix for Poll Threads

Simple question: sell Coutinho or keep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote sell - he clearly does not want to be with us - to me that is an insult, but I also get why we say keep given that we are a fucking big club and no one should actually be a want away cunt like him.

I think we should sell at the optimum time for Liverpool.
I am not convinced that the optimum time has been reached yet and I would be happy to keep him for another year until after he hopefully stars in the world cup.

we have to stop the expectation that if you're one of our best players you're entitled to leave. that perspective is undoubtedly the cause of his behaviour. so keep him without a doubt. no point banging on about yer ma's potential etc if he's also gonna leave the minute he reaches it.

Moron votes sell.

You put the vote up - so I am assuming its a free choice for everyone. My point is - we are a big club in our own right - we have a world class manager, and are in the CL this season and yet the cunt don't want to play for us. I find it emotionally insulting to say the least - I also think he will crack under the pressure at Barca, really fucked of with him especially when Klopp tried him in the new formation in pre-season etc. Klopp is pissed and so am I - can't really stand the sight of him to be honest.

There are valid reasons for both, but right now as things stand the obvious choice is keep.

We simply have to keep him, given our stance. Our word would mean nothing if we back down now. Imagine any future bids for Mane or Salah - 'He's not for sale' would immediately be taken as 'We'll sell soon enough'.

I'm sick of the shenanigans so I'd like him to go... However the good thing we have going now can't last, we'll need to rotate and replace players, not to mention the different skillset Coutinho has which we'll no doubt need. The only answer is keep until we've replaced.

Sorry - just watching this post match interview with Henderson after the game:-

in the interview at 5:27 onwards - the way talks about Phil coming back to the side - sounds dead certain.

Keep for one more year. I am not convinced Lemar is worth €100m either.

We should be all over Alexis Sanchez for less than half the Coutinho fee.

I would keep him solely to punish him, break him, suck the very will to live out of him, undo all of the improvements he showed under us, publicly blame him for any bad results, point out the faults in his performances, invent faults, question his motivation, audibly chastise him from the technical area whenever he isn't running, sub him off early on a regular basis for Woodburn, then put him on the bench by the end of this year, the transfer list next summer, and issue a statement claiming that he is no longer in our future plans.

I would keep him solely to punish him, break him, suck the very will to live out of him, undo all of the improvements he showed under us, publicly blame him for any bad results, point out the faults in his performances, invent faults, question his motivation, audibly chastise him from the technical area whenever he isn't running, sub him off early on a regular basis for Woodburn, then put him on the bench by the end of this year, the transfer list next summer, and issue a statement claiming that he is no longer in our future plans.

It's obviously a fine line between hate and bitterness. These are my sentiments as well, hence I hope Klopp is the grown up that actually send him off to Barcelona and ser hun rotten in mediocricy there and eventually we don't hear from him again.

Sell.

Even before all these transfer shenanigans about Coutinho's future I was slightly undecided on just how good he actually is. Don't get me wrong when he is on song he's an absolutely wonderful player to behold and one that will make any team better.

However, and this is my biggest qualm with him, I don't think he's one you can really rely on to deliver continuously over the course of a season. Not like Gerrard, not like Suarez, not even like Torres at his prime.

By that logic I think the money mentioned and the doors they'll open (VvD, Lemar, someone-else-awesome) are too good to turn down.

When you then add that he's obv pushed for a move, I am firmly considering myself camping in the 'sell-camp'.

Also, before anyone starts, this is not revisionist bullshit, I had this exact debate with my brother-in-law, who's a big Barca-fan, a few months back where I made it clear that I like him, that he can be magnificent but also that he's not reliable in terms of delivering the goods week in week out. I also said that I believe his best games have been for Brazil and not Liverpool and I'd be a bi surprised if he was actually Barca's first choice come Summer.

I am also very uncertain about just how good he'll be for Barca, especially as he arrives at a time where the club is in somewhat stormy waters, as I don't see him as a player who's thriving when the going gets tough.

I may be very very wrong of course, but that's my point of view..

It's obviously a fine line between hate and bitterness. These are my sentiments as well, hence I hope Klopp is the grown up that actually send him off to Barcelona and ser hun rotten in mediocricy there and eventually we don't hear from him again.

It's not mindless though. By doing so we can artificially inflate the value of Woodburn at his expense, and also bolster the fragile confidence of our team if they are led to believe everything bad is Coutinho's fault rather than their own.

Sell.

Even before all these transfer shenanigans about Coutinho's future I was slightly undecided on just how good he actually is. Don't get me wrong when he is on song he's an absolutely wonderful player to behold and one that will make any team better.

However, and this is my biggest qualm with him, I don't think he's one you can really rely on to deliver continuously over the course of a season. Not like Gerrard, not like Suarez, not even like Torres at his prime..

You're right, he hasn't so far delivered continuously over the season; it's always been disrupted by some injury or a patch of poor form. However last season his level of performance before the injury and again in the last few games of the season was such that pretty much all my doubts got dispelled. I was especially pleased to see him move to a deeper role in the last few games – something I've been waiting to see for literally years – and I just want him to have one truly world-class season here at LFC before he leaves.

I think it would good for him too as he will leave much better memories and relationships this way and his new team (being it Barca or whoever) will treat him as a superstar on arrival and give him more chances even if he initially struggles to adapt. Look at Suarez – he was awful in his first few months in Barca, but he has earned so much respect by his performance in his last season in England that instead of dropping him, the manager adjusted Messi's position (!) to accommodate him. Coutinho won't have this kind of respect if he moves now.

Last edited:
Forgive me for my silliness, but what would happen if..

We pushed most of what we got for Coutinho into the centre of Levy's table asking for Eriksen?

All bias aside, his stats suggests he'd be an even more industrious player for us than the Brazilian, he's rarely injured, got amazing awareness, quick feet and mind and he's already running more than anyone else in the league. Imagine him in the role behind Mane, Salah and Firmino and you'd visualize about a thousand assists per year..

Tailor made for Klopp's type of football really.

THOUGHTS!?

We pushed most of what we got for Coutinho into the centre of Levy's table asking for Eriksen?

All bias aside, his stats suggests he'd be an even more industrious player for us than the Brazilian, he's rarely injured, got amazing awareness, quick feet and mind and he's already running more than anyone else in the league. Imagine him in the role behind Mane, Salah and Firmino and you'd visualize about a thousand assists per year..

THOUGHTS!?

Wrong nationality

THOUGHTS!?
I'd rather we went back in time and signed Alli for £5m

You're right, he hasn't so far delivered continuously over the season; it's always been disrupted by some injury or a patch of poor form. However last season his level of performance before the injury and again in the last few games of the season was such that pretty much all my doubts got dispelled. I was especially pleased to see him move to a deeper role in the last few games – something I've been waiting to see for literally years – and I just want him to have one truly world-class season here at LFC before he leaves. I think it would good for him too as he will leave much better memories this way and his new team (being it Barca or whoever) will treat him as a superstar on arrival.
I agree he's been world class at times and I'd also be very annoyed to see him leave, I just don't think we can completely expect that he'd suddenly start to be more consistent both in terms of injuries but also performances. He has got a tendency to disappear or perhaps just need games - which is completely understandable - to find his feet again after injury. Then we get ten amazing games from him before another injury.

In a perfect world I wouldn't want us to sell him I guess, but when you consider all pros and cons for doing so I am swaying slightly towards the former, especially after his unprofessional behaviour of late. Injury, stomach ache, then general illness and finally a sudden freshness and off to Brazil he goes..

I also totally get Klopp here, I wouldn't want an employee in my team that so obviously pushed to get out either..

Sell - The cob on he had on his face in pre season had all the hallmarks of Torres in his last year. He wants out and I suspect will down tools. That said if he stays and his attitude is good then great.

THOUGHTS!?
A downward step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom