• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man City (H) - Sun 15:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was merely correcting your stupid comment as clearly he can score and has done repeatedly of late.

It was wet today and plenty of great players on both sides missed chances in the rain.

Oh, it was wet today alright.

That's a brilliant excuse.

Your stupidity knows no bounds. But what's new, eh.

You guys say no pen, but what happened to a high leg rule?

Does it only apply outside the box? Or does Macca have to put his head down and have Doku hit his head then it is considered a foul?

Because that is a foul 99% of the time if it is outside the box regardless of whether the fella wins the ball or not.

Just checked and Arsenal have an insane set piece record this season - luck or design?

Arsenal
10.83 xG = 18 goals

Man City
8.64 xG = 10

Liverpool
10.48 xG = 10 goals

You're right, but we dropped two points because of all those no's and, without some very good luck from here on out, we will say that again.

In terms of a performance, it was good. But we want to win the league.
It would be amazing to win the league but we are up against the biggest fucking cheats the game has ever seen.
We are also stupidly imo trying to win everything again.
We don’t have the depth or the style of play to chase every trophy.
We put more strain on our players compared to any other team.
Even if we won today we would be up against it.
I still think City will win it but of course we will keep fighting.

No no no.
The shot against the bar came off Foden's hand and the commentator said at the time that would definitely be ruled out.

And a draw absolutely not a fair result. Over 90 mins we were by far the better team and deserved to win.

19 shots to 10.

I’m hearing it would have been given

A statement draw is not something that ever should be fucking thought of when we're trying to win a fucking league

It's a fucking pathetic mindset when we did enough to win the fucking game

Does it only apply outside the box? Or does Macca have to put his head down and have Doku hit his head then it is considered a foul?

Because that is a foul 99% of the time if it is outside the box regardless of whether the fella wins the ball or not.

That's what I thought. I know it's a cliche but more and more now I just have no clue what the rules even are. Have they changed the high foot thing now or was it always more nuanced than I thought?

That's what I thought. I know it's a cliche but more and more now I just have no clue what the rules even are. Have they changed the high foot thing now or was it always more nuanced than I thought?
Klopp just said the same in his interview.

I hated the high leg rule because it's just ridiculous. There were times where players were penalised just at knee height when the opponent stoop low to head. This time Doku had his leg to Macca's chest.

Oh, it was wet today alright.

That's a brilliant excuse.

Your stupidity knows no bounds. But what's new, eh.
You said he can’t score, I highlighted the fact he’s in a rich vein of scoring at home.
I also highlighted the conditions today are the hardest to score in and I’m stupid? It’s ok to admit your emotions got the better of you and you said something completely fucking stupid. No need to get upset because it was me who called you on it.

You said he can’t score, I highlighted the fact he’s in a rich vein of scoring at home.
I also highlighted the conditions today are the hardest to score in and I’m stupid? It’s ok to admit your emotions got the better of you and you said something completely fucking stupid. No need to get upset because it was me who called you on it.

My emotions? Upset?

You overestimate yourself, mate.

Diaz is fucking shite in front of goal

He cannot be relied on in crunch times

My emotions? Upset?

You overestimate yourself, mate.
Well there is no other explanation for you not just saying, ya frustrating he missed a few today considering he’s been in good form at home. Like I said, it’s because it’s me, obviously.

Diaz does not start for this Liverpool side if Jota is fit. Same as gakpo.

I could forgive these missed chances for a 20 year old breaking in the side. I could forgive if I had faith they'd score a chance later.

I have zero faith in either of them

There's such a thing as trying too hard to be impartial. He clipped the ball, but that doesn't even matter. You can't have your foot that high and kick somebody in the chest. It's a stonewall penalty.
Stonewall that the ref and var and all the commenters live said no. I’m not being impartial. It wasn’t a pen for me. Doesn’t seem I’m the only who thinks so. Our own fans included.

Simply unforgiveable. It's a clear pen.

GIU660qWQAA4jof

View: https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1766883115371266443?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1766883115371266443%7Ctwgr%5Eca872b227ba7b8c49445170e627af637be4fe4f3%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheanfieldnoise.com%2Ft%2Fluis-diaz-2023-24%2F3685%2F173

Think Carra made a good point: we all know penalties have a higher bar than anywhere else on the pitch - I'll add that in such a high profile match and in the last seconds, it needed more to be given or overturned.

Proud of all the lads bar Gakpoo, what a horrible player he continues to be.

Robbed in the end but we can only take the point and move on.

Battered them from the 15th min onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom