• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mo Salah’s Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two matches left to see his trademark cut in from right & curly a left foot shot into top corner ... thought he was going to do it yesterday, but sadly not. Winning goal in the last game of the season to clinch 4th would do it.

Untitled.jpg

Saw a great stat today.
If Salah can get 1 more goal and 1 more assist in the league this season, he’ll be the first player in PL history to record 20+ goals and 10+ assists in three different seasons.
Currently only two players have done it twice.
Mo Salah and some no mark called Henry.

Imagine if he was as good as most on here expect him to be based on his salary.

Saw a great stat today.
If Salah can get 1 more goal and 1 more assist in the league this season, he’ll be the first player in PL history to record 20+ goals and 10+ assists in three different seasons.
Currently only two players have done it twice.
Mo Salah and some no mark called Henry.

So our best player, and that old scrooge with a hot wife who turns up at Anfield once a year. Nice.

One owns us. The other owns Man Utd.

Mean while Bayern will look to offload Mane currently on £18m a year in the summer. Mane was a amazing player for us, but management picked the right player to keep.

Outrageous stats aside, look at the shift he puts in every game without fail. How often is he injured? When does he kick off and moan? He’s the ultimate pro on and off the pitch.
He could kick off and moan about being played on the wing 24/7 and push to play central where he’d score more. But he doesn’t. He works hard where he’s asked to for the team.

And still scores a truck load.

Every season.

Mean while Bayern will look to offload Mane currently on £18m a year in the summer. Mane was a amazing player for us, but management picked the right player to keep.
Bring him homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Bobby to Bayern, Mane to Liverpool.

Outrageous stats aside, look at the shift he puts in every game without fail. How often is he injured? When does he kick off and moan? He’s the ultimate pro on and off the pitch.
He could kick off and moan about being played on the wing 24/7 and push to play central where he’d score more. But he doesn’t. He works hard where he’s asked to for the team.

Every season.

But what else does he do? [emoji6]

Reactions: mom

Every season.
Apparently you need to look with your eyes as they tell a very different story….

If we're only allowed to talk stats, Salah is sat at number 4 for most dispossessed player in the Premier League this season. I think a lot of people see that with their own eyes (which you refuse to do Dreamie) and wonder what could be if only he didn't try to take on 4 players when he's in the penalty area.
It's telling that no other LFC player is in the top 20 (so Salah would stand out to those that predominantly watch Liverpool) and also not a single City player in the top 20.

It seems confirmation bias is also a requirement for such insightful analysis.

I think Salah has improved massively, now that the team is better set up for him to succeed. Where's the confirmation bias here?

He still wasn't very good for a significant part of this season, where I'll admit I grew increasingly frustrated that he seemingly had no ability to adapt to the reality of what a striker needs to do in a bad team in a defensive crisis.

If we're only allowed to talk stats, Salah is sat at number 4 for most dispossessed player in the Premier League this season. I think a lot of people see that with their own eyes (which you refuse to do Dreamie) and wonder what could be if only he didn't try to take on 4 players when he's in the penalty area.
It's telling that no other LFC player is in the top 20 (so Salah would stand out to those that predominantly watch Liverpool) and also not a single City player in the top 20.

I've got no issue with him taking players on in risky situations deep in the attacking third. Every attacker is frequently dispossessed because they try risky shit that doesn't come off. The issue this season, game sense wise, is him losing the ball in transition, or taking very low percentage shots. Both of these actions used to come off more, but now they aren't, so he shouldn't do them as much, especially when they led to counterattacking opportunities, which he was also covering for far less earlier in the season. We simply couldn't afford to lose the ball cheaply with no means of getting it back, and acres of space behind Salah. Flaw of the system, of course, but read the room.

Interesting stat thanks for sharing. Goals and assists thump it everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
Couldn’t give a fuck about City whose style is nothing like ours. I’m not saying he doesn’t lose the ball or doesn’t make poor decisions but his overall positive contribution dwarfs it all by a fucking country mile. He’s fucking outstanding.

I think Salah has improved massively, now that the team is better set up for him to succeed. Where's the confirmation bias here?

He still wasn't very good for a significant part of this season, where I'll admit I grew increasingly frustrated that he seemingly had no ability to adapt to the reality of what a striker needs to do in a bad team in a defensive crisis.
Did the team improve around him or did he improve the team? He’s got the most assists and created the most big chances?

Without Salah this season would have been an even bigger bust. That being said, last week at surprisingly regularity when he got the ball on the wing he’d just pass it back instead of taking on his man. Surprising.

Without Salah this season would have been an even bigger bust. That being said, last week at surprisingly regularity when he got the ball on the wing he’d just pass it back instead of taking on his man. Surprising.
You must not have been watching, he always takes on his man and loses the ball.

He can’t take the man on or curl the ball into top left corner as he used to do with great regularity probably because he’s older and plays every game. Can’t him to expect defy age. He is however evolving and finding a way to be as effective for the team.

Is curling a shot reduced with age? Pace. Beating a man. Fine. Technical ability?

Where did I say he can't curl a ball at all?

I used to be able to curl it top right corner all the time in my 20s. Now, lucky if I get a shot away now without falling on my arse. It’s more the in the mind then the physical or technical sode. It’s not to do with his technical ability, but have to be realistic not to expect same Salah we signed and expectations changes accordingly so.

Regardless, his numbers are consistent ever.
Let me know when you find another striker in his 30s been racking up Salah numbers apart from Lewa in the last 5yrs.

Last edited:
Salah second most assists in the league and 4th most goals.
Surprised to see Kane has 28 league goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom